Marathon weekend, half marathon thread

goofeygirl

DIS Veteran
I hit 'search' but couldn't find a thread for the half marathon race during marathon weekend.

Since I am not running the Goofy or Dopey next year....this race will be different. I will have to focus on the one race as opposed to a whole weekend of them.
My goal for the half...since I am not running a full the following day...will be to get a very good coral placement. I have always been pretty far back. This time I want to be closer.
My next goal is to perhaps take a few photos along the way. Prior times I just wanted to finish the race. I wanted to finish it because I wanted to go back to my hotel and relax because I knew I had to get up and do double time the next day. So this time around I can take it easy a bit...take photos...

I will also wear a crazy costume. I have a long enough time to figure out what it will be...

Without the added races, the pressure of early wakeups and all the extra $$$$$, I'm sure you'll have lots more fun. :cool1:

Just don't forget to hydrate and fuel enough while you're having all that fun.

McFlurry John

The actual reason I did sign up for the half and not the Goofy is really because of $$. I am planning on going international next year to do a race and thought I could cut down on Disney. That doesn't stop me from regretting...a little bit...for not signing up for the Goofy.
Also all the training and the time consumption of that...during the holiday season.

I think on that Sunday...when I see the runners passing by on the Boardwalk I will have a feeling of regret and wishing I were doing that race.

But since I am committed to a half marathon and nothing else I may as well make the most of it.

If the half ran by McDonalds, I might have even went down for a McFlurry...but it doesn't...so I cannot.

Just hop on in!

I can be one of those 'bandit' runners. I can wear a fake bib and just join in on that last mile...waving and looking fabulous and then collect my medals.

I read that is what happened at the Boston Marathon. I never heard of 'bandit' runners before but they are out there.

I can be one of those 'bandit' runners. I can wear a fake bib and just join in on that last mile...waving and looking fabulous and then collect my medals. I read that is what happened at the Boston Marathon. I never heard of 'bandit' runners before but they are out there.
Or you can bring a cooler & hand out beer to us as we go by. My friends did that for me last year, and it was much appreciated. Nothing like a cold fresh IPA to get you through the last few miles. :)

My next goal is to perhaps take a few photos along the way. Prior times I just wanted to finish the race. I wanted to finish it because I wanted to go back to my hotel and relax because I knew I had to get up and do double time the next day. So this time around I can take it easy a bit...take photos...

I will also wear a crazy costume. I have a long enough time to figure out what it will be...

:thumbsup2 Do it all - you won't regret it! This was the first year I really stopped for pics and wore costumes, and I truly had more fun than I ever expected!

As for the full the next day, I was equally surprised by how much fun I had cheering that. Now, I've never run a full, but I did wonder if I'd get bored, or wish I were running instead of cheering... nope, not a bit. It was amazing! :goodvibes

Yeah I am sticking with the half...no full this time around. I will focus on some nutty costume and have fun...and then really cheer the full marathon runners on the next day.
:yay:::cheer2:yay::cheer2::yay:dance3:::yay::yay::cheer2:

I will just be doing the half. Sunday I will cheer my sister on as she runs her first full.

Doing the half too. Never ran a full. Might be on my bucket list for the future. If I am not mistaken this course is the same for the Princess Half? I did the Princess prior but never the Donald as I call it. :)

Is it the same route as the Princess half? I was thinking of running that race too when registration opens up. However I never gave it a second thought as to what the route might be for that one. I would like to think it might be even slightly different.
:confused3

I'm running the half with dh, and looking at doing a girl's weekend with my SIL and dn for the Princess.

Just got back from Disney and tried to book bounce back offer for marathon weekend and no luck. Tried to rent points and also no luck. So this brings me to the question...where is everyone planning to stay?

It is never too soon to talk about costumes.

I have purchased a few Disney Halloween costumes at Kmart after Halloween for 75% off...and am ready.

I have a snow white which I haven't used and a Cinderella.

However there is something to be said of the original home made style costume that is more unique.

I am forever thinking of what to wear in a race...but Disney is extra because you can wear anything.

Booked our flights for marathon weekend last night. Resort is booked. ADR are made. Spa reservations are made. Whew. Time for a break. Happy running to all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter