Mariah Carey Accused of Sexual Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will probably get skewered for this but here goes.... is it REALLY sexual harassment or assault every time someone makes a pass at you? In my younger days, there were times at a club a man put his hand on my backside or brushed up against me and I simply said "watch your hands" and gave him "the look" and that was the end of it- I didn't consider myself sexually assaulted. I'm not talking about about putting your hands inside someone's clothing, but some of these claims seem a bit over the top to me. Now if you say "no thank you" and the person persists then it is harassment because you have made it obvious you are not interested. I didn't read the link about this claim against MC .... I am not particularly talking about her.

I understand your point, but in my view, a man should NEVER put his hand on your backside. That is never appropriate. If you are interested in a woman, have a conversation, engage her, and then if she's willing, you make a physical move. The thinking that this is the correct way to approach a female is wrongheaded, backwards and needs to go.

It is NOT the same level of victimization as someone raping you, but it's still not right. Moreover, I liken it to those with brittle bone disease. If you merely brush against that person (say by tripping) you could break their bones. And, you can't tell by looking which person may have that disease, just like you can't tell which woman may be especially vulnerable to inappropriate touching merely by looking at them. Best course of action: don't grab the rear end that isn't yours. Simple.

So, if Harvey Weinstein had a rockin’ body would he be getting a pass like Mariah is on this thread?

Harvey Weinstein is alleged to have actually touched, molested, forcibly raped his victims. According to what someone else posted, according to TMZ, she pranced around in the place she rented and considered her temporary domicile. I do believe people have a right to be nude, semi-nude in their own home/temporary homes. Some people don't have a problem with nudity or their own body and who sees it. If that was the extent of the security guy seeing her, then I don't consider that harassment.

Did you see the Goldie Hawn video clip I posted? Was she sexually harassing Kurt Russell's character by being scantily dressed in front of him?

What should have happened is that during the hiring process, potential employees should be warned that Mariah prances around nude & semi-nude and asked if they have a problem with that. If so, then working for her won't be a right fit for them.

Last edited:
Since I clicked.... Now I have been sexually harassed!!!!

Hey, you can pay a couple hundred dollars for the privilege to see her that way in her Las Vegas act.
dramaqueen.gif
I showed her to you for FREE. :p

I understand your point, but in my view, a man should NEVER put his hand on your backside. That is never appropriate. If you are interested in a woman, have a conversation, engage her, and then if she's willing, you make a physical move. The thinking that this is the correct way to approach a female is wrongheaded, backwards and needs to go.

It is NOT the same level of victimization as someone raping you, but it's still not right. Moreover, I liken it to those with brittle bone disease. If you merely brush against that person (say by tripping) you could break their bones. And, you can't tell by looking which person may have that disease, just like you can't tell which woman may be especially vulnerable to inappropriate touching merely by looking at them. Best course of action: don't grab the rear end that isn't yours. Simple.

Inappropriate yes- but criminal? Labeled a sex offender? High school dances are going to be a crime scene left and right. BTW- I am a large chested woman- I can't tell you how many times my breasts have brushed against someone in a crowded club or at a concert.... hope nobody is going to charge me with a crime.

I'm not giving Mariah a pass, but she parades around half naked on national TV. Honestly, she has probably worn that same outfit when a woman has come into a hotel room.

I know there is a double standard, but the fact is men are physically stronger than women. So let's take the Mariah and Harvey Weinstein cases. From what I read from that article, it doesn't seem like Mariah blocked his way out or tried to keep him from leaving, but let's just say she did. That guy could easily move her out of the way, not so easy for a woman to move Harvey Weinstein out of the way. So as I'm sure that guy was uncomfortable, I bet he wasn't scared, whereas those women in Harvey Weinstein's room were not only uncomfortable, but scared out of their minds.

Inappropriate yes- but criminal? Labeled a sex offender? High school dances are going to be a crime scene left and right. BTW- I am a large chested woman- I can't tell you how many times my breasts have brushed against someone in a crowded club or at a concert.... hope nobody is going to charge me with a crime.
You know there is a difference between someone inadvertently bumping against someone and intentionally grabbing your ***. Why would you even make this comparison.

I suspect yes but I'll go even further. If Weinstein looked like Brad Pitt, it's unlikely women would have refused going to his hotel room.
In many cases I think this is probably true. I would even say that some of those women willingly had sex with him to further their career. Quid Pro Quo .... certainly doesn't make it right and the fact that he had power over making or breaking their careers does put it in a different category. I'm glad he was exposed and no longer has this power.

You know there is a difference between someone inadvertently bumping against someone and intentionally grabbing your ***. Why would you even make this comparison.

Because I think this is a slippery slope- a brush, a hand on your tush when dancing with someone... neither is a sexual assault. I was the victim of a sexual assault and I think this is headed in a dangerous direction.

Harvey Weinstein is alleged to have actually touched, molested, forcibly raped his victims. According to what someone else posted, according to TMZ, she pranced around in the place she rented and considered her temporary domicile. I do believe people have a right to be nude, semi-nude in their own home/temporary homes. Some people don't have a problem with nudity or their own body and who sees it. If that was the extent of the security guy seeing her, then I don't consider that harassment.

But again back to Weinstein comparison, one of the assaults he called someone into his room touched himself in front of her.
I think inviting someone into your room then being naked when they arrive crosses a li e into hatrassment don’t you?

If someone puts their hands on your butt withjout your permission, yes it is sexual harassment. Other people are not entitled to your body.

What if I'm on a date with someone and I think we're both into each other, and I try to kiss her, and she goes "Nooooooooo what are you doing?" Is that sexual harassment or an honest mistake? Or should I start asking someone "May I kiss you?" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter