Mariah Carey Accused of Sexual Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has always been a little "off" in her perception of reality IMO. The whole thing were she claimed for a number of years to not know who Jlo was...that was just odd.

She lives in some sort of alternate universe. I've unfortunately been in WDW when she was there. People came out of nowhere to clear walkways while she pranced on by in 5" heels and was put out when people would say something to her. Put on a ballcap, a pair of sneakers, and don't have walkways cleared ... no one will know who you are then.

She was supposedly staying in the Presidential suite at the Yacht Club when we were there. I've never been a fan. Don't care for her music or vocal affectations.

She lives in some sort of alternate universe. I've unfortunately been in WDW when she was there. People came out of nowhere to clear walkways while she pranced on by in 5" heels and was put out when people would say something to her. Put on a ballcap, a pair of sneakers, and don't have walkways cleared ... no one will know who you are then.

precious1-jpg_230558.jpg

She has always been a little "off" in her perception of reality IMO. The whole thing were she claimed for a number of years to not know who Jlo was...that was just odd.

I remember when she was on American Idol and one of the contestants sang one of Garth Brooks biggest hits. I'm not a country fan, but I'd heard that song dozens of times. Mariah claimed to have never heard it - never mind he probably sang it at a Grammy show when she was in her heyday. And considering what she was paid to be on that show, I found the whole thing quite bizarre.

I remember when she was on American Idol and one of the contestants sang one of Garth Brooks biggest hits. I'm not a country fan, but I'd heard that song dozens of times. Mariah claimed to have never heard it - never mind he probably sang it at a Grammy show when she was in her heyday. And considering what she was paid to be on that show, I found the whole thing quite bizarre.

I actively dislike most country music, but could identify a few of his hits, and his voice for sure. I know he sings "Low Places" off the top of my head. She is a professional musician, surely to god she could do better than I could...The Jlo thing was the same, just bizarre.

I wonder if she's as disconnected as she seems, or if she really just thinks she's still the bee's knees, which would go back to her being disconnected.

ETA: This post sparked me to have to listen to Garth...

Last edited:
The firm that installed the sprinkler system at my sister's house had done landscaping work at the mansion Carey and Tommy Mottola built north of NYC. While that firm was doing work at my sister's house, the "star couple" came up and the owner told her stories about how they were not only uber difficult to deal with but also how all the neighbors couldn't stand them. One of things they did was installing a heliport on their property without getting a permit (the state subsequently made them tear it out). And there were apparently celebrations when they got divorced and moved away. The mansion mysteriously burned down a short time later.

http://nypost.com/1999/12/19/mariahs-old-home-destroyed/

Last edited:
"According to TMZ, Anello claims that during a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, Mariah asked him to come to her room to move some luggage; when he got there, she was allegedly wearing a see-through negligee that was open."

I'm pretty sure that's just what she wears to the grocery store.

In that case, can I do sexual harassment for g-string wearers wandering through The Pantry on our cruise?

I don't follow celebrity gossip because I really and truly don't care. Don't know much about her personality, not interested in it. But I am a big fan of a lot of her music (not all), her voice, and IMO she is quite fine to look at... :rolleyes1

I will probably get skewered for this but here goes.... is it REALLY sexual harassment or assault every time someone makes a pass at you? In my younger days, there were times at a club a man put his hand on my backside or brushed up against me and I simply said "watch your hands" and gave him "the look" and that was the end of it- I didn't consider myself sexually assaulted. I'm not talking about about putting your hands inside someone's clothing, but some of these claims seem a bit over the top to me. Now if you say "no thank you" and the person persists then it is harassment because you have made it obvious you are not interested. I didn't read the link about this claim against MC .... I am not particularly talking about her.

I will probably get skewered for this but here goes.... is it REALLY sexual harassment or assault every time someone makes a pass at you? In my younger days, there were times at a club a man put his hand on my backside or brushed up against me and I simply said "watch your hands" and gave him "the look" and that was the end of it- I didn't consider myself sexually assaulted. I'm not talking about about putting your hands inside someone's clothing, but some of these claims seem a bit over the top to me. Now if you say "no thank you" and the person persists then it is harassment because you have made it obvious you are not interested. I didn't read the link about this claim against MC .... I am not particularly talking about her.

Being a victim is the in thing right now.
Nevermind there are actual victims who are suffering because of what they went through. Turning every little thing into "harrassment" or even an "assault" is just a slap in the face to true victims out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter