~~~ May 16, 2009 ~~~ Western Magic ~~~ Part 2 ~~~ Key Lime Pie-rates ~~~

ok ok ok -- just a quick shout out to my girls -- Jamie, Congrats on the airfare!!!! Kathy, glad to have you with us over on the new thread -- need my peeps with me!!!

suezyq50

I have opened an photobucket account. Easy enough to downlaod pictures to it. Still doing something wrong. Any suggestions? Got to hit the hay. Morning will be here before I know it.

ok ok ok -- just a quick shout out to my girls -- Jamie, Congrats on the airfare!!!! Kathy, glad to have you with us over on the new thread -- need my peeps with me!!!

"Peep Peep" ~ I'm here my friend :)!!! I wish Disney would decide about Cozumel. Just think if our sea day does get switched around and we go to Nassau on Thursday for Yoni's birthday :). We would definitely have to plan an appropriate celebration :)!!!

Indigo, I ordered baskets from Shirley for Yoni and for each kid. For the kids I got sand buckets and toys for the beach, water bottles, sunglasses and then some snacks. I think I also got them each a stuffed animal. For Yoni I got a Disney tote (Shirley assured me I could use it :thumbsup2) with Key West beer, a water bottle and some other tropical items - oh, and candy (Yoni LOVES things like gummy worms -- he is worse than the kids!). All I know is once we were done, it was a lot more $$ than I expected but, I have a secret stash put aside so will pull it from there. Yoni doesn't know about it. His birthday is on the 21st so also bringing him a b'day gift and probably booking some kind of massage for him.

Thanks Mati - those gifts sound amazing. They are going to love it and I bet that you are like me and just love seeing the expressions on their faces.

I love the planning almost as much as the travelling - we are so close!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thanks Mati - those gifts sound amazing. They are going to love it and I bet that you are like me and just love seeing the expressions on their faces.

I love the planning almost as much as the travelling - we are so close!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I got baskets from Shirley on our last cruise and they were great! She is a very sweet person. When we were planning our week long trip to Key West a few summers ago, I asked a few questions about Key West on the cruise board. Shirley was so kind as to PM me her phone number so I could call her and talk about Key West. She gave me the address of the house that she grew up in. It was neat to walk by it and "know" someone who lived there :).

I got lost and went back to the old boards. Maybe we should tell someone to shut it down cause there are still posts there.

I was thinking we should just change our name from the Key Lime Pie-rates to 'Lost at sea' or something....who knows whats going to happen to our cruise. My mom heard on the news that some of the Mexican Riviaira cruises are just staying on the US Coast (Going to San Fran, San Diego, Seattle even)
Everyone BE GRATEFUL we still get to go to Key West, Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay!!!!!!!!!!!

Cinda- I feel your pain about losing your packing room. I still have to go drag all my stuff out and rearrange it.

Wow Jamie that's an Awesome deal!!

Sue, sorry about the daughters water break

Just think..........2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3::cheer2::banana::cool1::yay::grouphug:

"Peep Peep" ~ I'm here my friend :)!!! I wish Disney would decide about Cozumel. Just think if our sea day does get switched around and we go to Nassau on Thursday for Yoni's birthday :). We would definitely have to plan an appropriate celebration :)!!!

Oh brother.............Now this I really didn't consider!!!! Now I'm in total worry about the mexico thing stress mode!!!:sad2::headache::sad2::headache:

Our VR wedding is supposed to be on our sea day on Thursday. I'm not going to be a happy bride if we are in a port on a day when I have to be on the ship!! RRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Ok, Ok, Ok, calm Belinda....calm.......:cloud9:Everything just has to work out, right? Ok, lets hope.....:confused3

Hey Mati!!! Hope all is going well. Have safe travels to California!! Will be thinkin' of you and I'll be missin' my girl!!

Sonya- I hope you and your family have a safe trip here to the US. We can't wait to have you closer to us!!!

Oh brother.............Now this I really didn't consider!!!! Now I'm in total worry about the mexico thing stress mode!!!:sad2::headache::sad2::headache:

Our VR wedding is supposed to be on our sea day on Thursday. I'm not going to be a happy bride if we are in a port on a day when I have to be on the ship!! RRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Ok, Ok, Ok, calm Belinda....calm.......:cloud9:Everything just has to work out, right? Ok, lets hope.....:confused3

Oh Belinda, I didn't think about how changing our sea day would/could affect your VR :(. We'll still be there observing from Topsider's :). All this stressing and hopefully we will end up in Cozumel after all (here's crossing my fingers for you :)). ~ Kathy

Ok ok ok....didn't go to sleep. I am working on the stay up late thing considering I normally am sound asleep by now!!!

Belinda -- no worries my dear. It will all work out and we will all be there watching no matter what happens.

Yoni had his buddy come over and all night long I have been hearing him cough and it is just making me CRINGE :scared1:. I can't wait for the guy to leave so I can sanitize the house (and Yoni!).

Kathy -- Shirley was great on the phone. She is adding in some info on Key West for us in Yoni's basket since we really have nothing planned there except for maybe a margarita (or 2). I am glad you had a good experience with her, makes me feel better.

Just think, at this point 2 weeks from now, I will have met up with Kym & family, will be tucked away in the bed at the Swan getting ready for a full day at Epcot in the morning (and get to meet my DIS friends)!!!!

Ok, really off to bed -- just need this darned guy to LEAVE!

I made my way over!

A question that hasn't been asked yet....
With switching the sea day and port day, do you think they will switch Pirate Night and semi-formal night as well? I think they will because if they didn't, semi-formal night would be on Nassau/port day rather than sea day. Does that make any sense?!?! For those of us with Palo on Thursday night (semi-formal night), we may be looking at Palo and Pirate night clashing!:scared1:

Anyone read anything about this yet?

Kym

Made it here.

So what do you think. Should I call DCL to see we have a stateroom assigned yet? We booked Cat 12 and the website still shows our room assignment as GTY. I will be happy with what ever we get, but I am getting antsy to know, plus sort of wishing for a little magic.

When I checked the site for new bookings on our cruise, all catogories were availalble. Earlier today only 4,5,6,7 and 10.

Would you call?

Val - Update for Page 1 (All in bold)
lucky1
Laura & DH
DD (7)
Southwest Desert in Arizona
Friday night: Hyatt @ MCO
Cat 12 GTY
Late Dinning with wait list for early
KW(I am excited to go here) Doing our own thing by taking the trolley to Southern tip and then see Butterflys and back up to eat keyLime Pie. GC -Boatswain through DCL, COZ -No plans, CC -Stingrays

I made my way over!

A question that hasn't been asked yet....
With switching the sea day and port day, do you think they will switch Pirate Night and semi-formal night as well? I think they will because if they didn't, semi-formal night would be on Nassau/port day rather than sea day. Does that make any sense?!?! For those of us with Palo on Thursday night (semi-formal night), we may be looking at Palo and Pirate night clashing!:scared1:

Anyone read anything about this yet?

Kym

Hi Kym ~ I called DCL and asked if our sea day changed what would happen to our Palo reservation. I was told that Palo reservations for Thursday (original sea day) would switch to the new sea day (Wednesday for the western cruisers leaving on Saturday). I wonder about Pirate night and semi-formal night???? ~ Kathy

Sue--let me try and help you out.
Is this what you were looking for? ;) There was a bunch of extra "stuff" in your link. :goodvibes GREAT PIC!!

I got lost and went back to the old boards. Maybe we should tell someone to shut it down cause there are still posts there.
I was going to request that it be closed, but I need to transfer all the info yet, and I didn't know if I could still do that if it's closed. I'll try to do it real quick so we can close that chapter of our book!

Val - Update for Page 1 (All in bold)
Will get it done! :thumbsup2

Oh my, I'm away from the boards for one day/evening and what happens? You go a start a new thread. I still haven't finished reading the stuff on the old one. I'm stoked that I've made it on a thread that has to have a second installment. Thanks Val for doing the admin work.

I know I was going to respond to stuff over there, but can't remember any of it now. I was trying to catch up on both the boards and watch Survivor and had to pause it because I wasn't paying any attention.

Let see if I can remember any of my comments on the old thread.

Sonya - Have a save and uneventful trip. May all the passengers on your plane be healthy and not a cough or sneeze to be had.

Welcome to the new members of our group. I'm amazed at how many DISers are on this cruise.

Regarding our cruise name - sorry to say all my FE gifts are done with the and they list the ports. I guess I could get a sharpie and make the changes, but it wouldn't look pretty. Well it just will be a reminder about where we were supposed to go. I actually like the "lost cruisers" idea and if I hadn't just finished them I'd make the change but there are WAY too many things left on my to do list to remake the items.

Someone mentioned getting a note from your doctor about suffering from allergies, I think thats a great idea. Luckily neither of us suffer from allergies, but with all the stuff in the news I know as soon as someone sneezes around here people are giving some worried looks.

Mati - I wish I could help you out about shopping in Santa Clara. I don't get down that way very often. I know that in Milpitas (not too far away) there is an old Ford plant that they converted to a big mall. I wasn't impressed the last time we went. I'll check at work tomorrow to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Laura - I'd go ahead and call about your room assignment. The worst they could do is tell you they don't know yet. I wonder if they are getting a lot of cancellations. Is there any way to see how many cabins they have left on the ship to sell?

AI results - I was SO excited when the bottom two were announced. I wish the results had been switched though. Sorry for any of "his" fans but I just don't care for him as much as the other four. The next couple of weeks are going to be tough. I really thought four of them did a great job this week.

I got another thing checked off my list tonight - pedicure!!!:cool1: Didn't do the quick one either did the spa pedicure with parifin wax treatment (sorry guys TMI). My feet feel fantastic and the toes are now ready to be seen in sandals (although WAY too cold here for that now - ok for you people in Chicago and other REALLY cold places its only in the 60s but I'm a California girl and that's way too cold for me to wear sandals). We then went out for dinner and got burgers and fries (and diet coke - you know watching the calories). Hey, I didn't get the milkshake that I was craving or the pie for dessert so I was good right?

Ok, got to get to Survivor - loved last weeks elimination - such a surprise. Can't wait to see how Coach scrambles this week.

Oh, and this is my happy single digit dance :yay: We leave in 9 days!!!

I'm glad to see everyone is making it over here okay! :grouphug: I put in a request to close the other thread, and I also posted a request on it to not post to it anymore.

I can't find it now to see who posted it, but someone suggested that we put in our "request" to DCL on what to do, and I did just that yesterday when I called about my "lost" $50 OBC that has since been found. She just laughed at me and said she would pass it on. (BTW, my request was another day @ CC!) :banana: (Just found it--it was Alberto!) :thumbsup2

Anyone else beginning to feel they may need to spend all week passed out in a lounge chair after all the planning, gathering & packing? I think the running around part should be close to over now at least. I'm guessing this isn't the best time to get run down. ;)

There need's to be a little pass out smiley on here. :P I'm exhausted but wanted to pop in and say "hey."

Good morning Peeraroonies!

Here I am at my desk at work, doing nothing!!! Not finishishing until 3pm, dropping dogs at kennels at 5pm, then off to TGI Fridays and airport!

Loucinda just had to tell you I got caught washing my hands in the restroom just now, singing "happy birthday" as instructed. Got a few wierd looks. Did you mean for us to sing it in our heads?!!!!:rotfl::rotfl2:

Mini crisis last night. Wilbur - one of the dogs - swallowed one of my socks whole! We think it was a suicide mission to keep out of going to the kennels! Called the vet and they said it should pass through, and we have to monitor his poop to check! So there I was at 5.30am this morning, in the garden, in my work out gear, digging through poop looking for my sock (which was not there). It is a glamorous life I lead! I hope it comes through before tonight or I am going to be calling the kennels every day to check he's OK!

CAN ANYONE REMIND ME WHAT TIMES / PLACES WE WERE GOING TO TRY MEET AT EPCOT ON THE 15TH PLEASE . . . I FORGOT TO PUT IT ON MY ITINERY CARDS!!!!

I would imagine the options aren't real great. I wonder how far in advance ports are reserved when changes occur.
I have people at work commenting they are surprised we are still going!:scared: One fellow employee cancelled his May 30th cruise. :confused3 We are not going to live in fear! We will have a good time!:dance3::yay:

My boss has cancelled his June trip to Italy because of it!!!!!!!! There aren't even any cases in Italy that I know of!!! The press have a lot to answer for.

Wow, we are on page two who'd of though!!! :cheer2:

I was talking to JorDan last night about the magents too and we have a few that metione Western Caribbean and Cozumel. I'm definately not going to print them out so I'll just have to creatively modify! Oh and of course the FE gift (oh well, you all with understand!) :thumbsup2

I don't know if I can take 16 more days until we board, I'm getting too excited.

Oh i didn't think of that. All my magents are out of date! Oh well, I'll suck it up *** I'M OFF TO DISNEY TOMORROW!

I have had a really stressful day freaking out about this dang flu. My fear is one of us will get sick in the next 2 weeks. If I could, I would keep both kids home with me until we leave BUT, I have to go to California for a conference on Monday and, of course, the kids need to be at school. Like Sonya -- I just need to let it go and enjoy the last 2 weeks of planning!

Sonya -- I hope you and Tony have a FABULOUS, SAFE and UNEVENTFUL flight tomorrow. We will be happy to have you here in the US with us and can't wait to see you! (oh, and get cracking on those books missy -- we want to talk about them on the ship!!!!)

Good night all,
Mati

Thank you very much for the good wishes :goodvibes . Book 3 is in my hand luggage ready for action. Try not to worry too much about the flu - the chances of catching it are SO tiny :hug: Just enjoy your final countdown!!

Sonya- I hope you and your family have a safe trip here to the US. We can't wait to have you closer to us!!!

Oh no I didn't think of your VR. Hope everything gets sorted OK :hug: Honestly, do we need all this last minute stress?! Just dont forget to pack the dress!!

I can't wait to arrive in the US with you all!

Sonya - Have a save and uneventful trip. May all the passengers on your plane be healthy and not a cough or sneeze to be had.
!!!

Thank you! Hopefully see you at Raglan Road on the 15th!

Made my way over here too. I have all weekend to try and get my planning and packing together, as DH has signed up for an advanced scuba certification class :teacher: that will tie him up tonight, all day Saturday, and most of Sunday. Of course, with the piggy flu gobbling up our ports, he may have to scuba in the Mickey pool . . .:upsidedow

Essentials
• airline tickets or e-ticket confirmation
• cruise documents
• passports and visas (if necessary) or proof of citizenship (check with your cruise line for requirements)
• vaccination certificate (if required)
• wallet and fanny pack
• driver's license and auto insurance card - in case you decide to rent a car when ashore
• medical insurance cards and medical history (especially if traveling alone)
• another picture ID - if you don't take driver's license
• credit cards - be sure to call credit card companies before traveling to alert them you are traveling outside your normal area ATM card
• watch
• pre-paid phone card
• cash or traveler's checks (be sure to keep traveler's checks receipt in separate location)
• 3 copies of airline tickets, cruise tickets, passports/visas, itinerary - pack 1 copy in carry on, 1 copy in checked luggage, and leave one copy with someone at home
• contact numbers to report lost/stolen credit cards or traveler's checks
• emergency numbers at home
• prescription drugs and any other essential medications in carry on bag
• glasses, contacs, contac cleaner
• extra reading glasses
• sunglasses
• reading sunglasses
• guidebooks and other port of call information
• foreign language phrase book or dictionary
• maps
• reading material - books to read while on the plane or lounging by the pool
• journal or notebook and pen/pencil - for making notes to tell your friends back home about your experiences
• business cards with email address to give out to new cruise friends
• currency conversion chart
• plug adaptor and converter
• cell phone and charger
• PDA and charger
• home and email addresses of friends/relatives back home - for sending postcards, emails, or gifts
• laptop computer
• binoculars
• film camera and manual
• extra film (don't put undeveloped film in checked luggage)
• disposable underwater camera - for snorkeling or beach days
• digital camera and manual
• extra memory cards for digital camera
• batteries for digital camera
• battery charger
• extension cord with multiple plug-ins
• duct tape or strapping tape
• walkman and tapes (for walking on deck or on treadmill)
• small travel alarm clock - battery operated
• lighted dial clock for cruise ship cabin
• extra plastic cable-lock ties for securing luggage for return trip (better than locks, but one-time use only)
• extra luggage name tags (in case yours are lost on the outbound trip)
• zip loc bags of all sizes and garbage/laundry bags
• small flashlight
• night light
• corkscrew (be sure to put in checked luggage)
• Swiss Army knife or something similar with screwdriver head, etc. (be sure to put in checked luggage)
• small umbrella
• collapsible travel pillow for those long airplane flights
• ear plugs or "ear planes"
• small first aid kit (band aids, Q-tips, vaseline, dramamine, antibiotic cream, bandages, anti-diarrheal medication, cortisone
• cream, aspirin/tylenol/advil)
• Crazy glue
• playing cards
• sports gear (e.g. snorkeling gear)
• bug spray (not for your cabin on the ship, but for those pesky mosquitoes and "nonos" ashore)
• sun screen/sun block and lip sunblock
• germicidal hand cleaner
• handi-wipes
• hand lotion
• rubbing alcohol or foot lotion for soothing tired, hot feet
• sewing kit and scissors (pack in checked luggage)
• travel-sized Woolite
• clothes pins
• empty folding tote bag - for souvenirs or the beach
• hats/caps/visors
• insulated large coffee mugs

Women's Cruise Clothing Packing List
• bras (include strapless if needed for evening wear)
• panties
• lingerie/night gown/pajamas/robe
• compression stockings (for airplane flight to prevent swollen ankles)
• exercise/walking socks
• trouser socks or pantyhose
• camisole/slip
• purses (day and evening)
• belts
• scarves
• gloves and stocking cap(if expect cold weather)
• walking shoes
• walking sandals
• rubber sandals for reef walking and beach
• evening shoes
• costume jewelry and extra watch
• swim suit
• swim suit cover-up/pareo/sarong
• thongs/flip flop shoes
• work out clothes and jog bra
• dress/outfit for informal nights on ship
• dress/outfit for formal nights on ship
• dress/outfit for casual nights on ship
• shorts
• tops of all types (sleeveless, short-sleeved, long-sleeved)
• capri pants
• slacks
• windbreaker jacket
• sweatshirt
• evening sweater
• raincoat with hood
Women's Sundries and Miscellaneous
• blow dryer
• curling iron or curlers
• comb/brush
• hair gel
• hair spray (non-aerosol)
• shampoo
• conditioner
• shower cap
• bar soap in plastic container
• deodorant
• toothbrush
• toothpaste
• dental floss
• mouthwash
• tweezers
• make-up mirror
• make-up and make-up bag(list can be endless!)
• make-up remover
• cleanser
• moisturizer and freshener
• nail polish and remover
• nail clippers and file (be sure to pack in checked luggage)
• razor and shaving cream

Men's Cruise Clothing Packing List • underwear (briefs or boxer shorts)
• undershirts
• pajamas and robe
• compression socks (for airplane flight to prevent swollen ankles)
• exercise/walking socks
• black dress socks
• belts
• gloves and stocking cap(if expect cold weather)
• walking shoes
• walking sandals
• rubber sandals/shoes for reef walking and beach
• evening or dress shoes
• "docksider" casual shoes
• tuxedo jacket and pants (or dark suit)
• tuxedo tie, suspenders, and cummerbund
• tuxedo cufflinks/studs
• sport jacket
• regular ties
• tuxedo shirt
• dress shirts
• swim suit
• swim suit cover-up
• work out clothes/T shirts
• shorts
• casual shirts
• slacks (casual and dress)
• windbreaker jacket
• sweatshirt
• raincoat with hood
Men's Sundries and Miscellaneous
• comb/brush
• shampoo and hair products
• bar soap in plastic container
• deodorant
• toothbrush
• toothpaste
• dental floss
• mouthwash
• tweezers
• nail clippers and file (be sure to pack in checked luggage)
• razor and shaving cream (or electric razor and supplies)
End of article

To ensure peace of mind while you are away, why not run over this last-minute checklist of things to do before you go?

> Have the post office hold your mail.
> Stop your newspaper delivery, or have a friend or neighbor
take them in for you.
> Leave copies of your passport, airline tickets, travelers checks
and any credit cards you plan to use with a family member or
trusted friend.
> Distribute your ship communications cards to friends and
relatives.
> Place a card with your name and address inside your luggage,
as well as on the outside.
> Bring your travel and health insurance information and have it
handy at all times.
> Verify that your identification and travel tickets are in your
carry-on bag and will be available at all times.

More Packing Tips For Cruises

• Never pack anything in your luggage you couldn't stand losing forever.

• Tape your name, address, phone and cell numbers inside your luggage.

• Always carry your cruise and airline documents on you and not in your luggage or carry-on bag.

• Stuff a small collapsible light weight bag or two into your suitcase. At the end of your cruise, use the bag for your laundry or those souvenirs' you bought.

• Before your go, take a picture of your luggage inside and out. This will make them easier to identify your belongings if they are lost.

• Always ask your cruise agent about any specific clothing needs for your particular ship. Some ships have special requirements that may affect your packing plan.

• Although you can purchase many items on ship or in cruise ports, you will often pay a heavy premium, and may not find exactly what you need. For example, film for your camera will cost significantly more once you leave home and you may not find the size or speed you require.

• Try to pack clothing that is re-usable on the cruise. For example, a men's blazer may be used on a formal night if packaged with the proper shirt & tie. The same blazer can be used with an open-neck shirt or a less-formal shirt and tie for an informal night. A formal skirt can be mixed with different blouses and/or jackets for varying effects.

• Formal nights are not necessarily extremely formal. Some passengers, who enjoy dressing up, will go all out with tuxedo's, long gowns, etc. On most seven-night cruises, this is not necessary. The majority of men wear a suit or blazer with white shirt and conservative tie on formal nights. Many women wear cocktail dresses, fancy dresses, or suits. It’s like getting dressed for a nice wedding.
Young boys can wear nice slacks with a shirt and a tie. The more expensive the ship, the more likely that formal wear will be worn.

• Many ships have self-serve laundry and ironing facilities in addition to the available washing and/or dry cleaning. Sometimes it makes sense to do a load or two during the cruise rather than pack enough of everything for your entire trip.

• It's quite possible to avoid getting dressed up during a cruise. How? Simply plan to eat your evening meal in the Lido restaurant during formal nights, or have room service that night. You can even have a snack and a nap at dinnertime, and enjoy the midnight buffet in casual attire. If you're interested in a totally casual cruise, ask your cruise agent how the line you've chosen handles casual evening meals. By the way, Lobster tails are commonly served on one of the formal nights. If that's important to you, ask your waiter which night the lobster will be served.

• If you choose to travel with expensive jewelry, use the purser's safe when you're not wearing it. Although room safes are available on many ships, only valuables locked up in the purser's safe are covered under the ship's insurance (check you cruise contract, usually supplied with your cruise documents). Frankly, we'd recommend leaving your very expensive and/or priceless jewelry at home, or in your bank's safe deposit box.

• If you're planning to buy t-shirts, hats, etc. on the ship or ports of call, why not wear them on your cruise? You'll cut down on the amount of clothing you'll bring, and you won’t need to plan for extra space on your trip home. If you under-packed (unlikely), you can purchase additional clothing during the cruise.

• In the tropics, use light cotton clothing as often as possible. You'll be cooler and more comfortable.

• Plan your carry-on load carefully. A larger carry-on bag (within airline carry-on requirements) is useful so that you can comfortably carry a change of clothing. Keep your carry-on bag safe when you're in the airport; never leave it unattended.

• Carry all documents, medicines, essentials, and valuables with you in your carry-on. If your main article of luggage is lost or misplaced, can you exist with what you're carrying?

• Do not plan to find space for a garment bag on an aircraft. Better to carefully pack your clothing in a suitcase than to jam it into an overhead compartment.

• Instead of bringing full-size toiletries, like a full bottle of shampoo, save or purchase smaller plastic bottles and bring only what you need. Try sealing plastic bottles in zip-lock bags for added protection.

• Zip-lock baggies, preferably the thicker freezer-type, are great for keeping things dry, especially when you go to the beach. You can stuff your credit cards, driver’s licenses, cash, etc. in them and keep them safe inside your bathing suit. We recommend double-bagging them and you won’t have any problems with leakage.

• There are several reasons to bring your cell telephone with you on the cruise: 1) If you run into delays, you can call your cruise agent, airline, limo service, etc. without standing in line for a telephone; 2) You can use your telephone on the ship before it departs, and while it is still close to land; 3) You can make calls on the day you return. A cell phone is great for calling a cab or a ride from home, or making arrangements with friends who are already ashore; 4) Many ports have cellular service so that you can make calls directly without finding a phone booth. Cellular rates are usually much less than the ship's satellite rates. Some common cruising areas have surprisingly good coverage (The Bahamas, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Grand Cayman, to name a few), and if you have free roaming as a part of your service, the call might even be free; 5) You never know how a cell phone will help you in transit should an emergency arise. It givessomeone else the ability to call you, which is sometimes invaluable.

• Since many ships are installing e-mail and internet capabilities, you may wish to bring along a list of important e-mail addresses and web site URL's. Although this can get expensive, you might find it worthwhile, particularly if you keep close track of an investment portfolio or have important e-mail messages.

• If you really depend on a hair dryer, plan to bring your own. Even if the ship provides them, you may not find them to be powerful enough to handle your needs, particularly if you have long or heavy hair.

• A pair of personal communications devices (as kids, we used to call these walkie-talkies) is useful in keeping track of your traveling companions on the ship. As ships become larger, it becomes more difficult to keep track of one another. This is a perfect tool for young teenagers (check your batterysupply!). Some ships even offer them for rent during the cruise.

• A few emergency items are useful, particularly the flash light. It's nice to know that you have an extra light for your room, and it could come in very handy should your ship develop some temporary generator malfunctions. You’ll also want to take a nightlight if you’re staying in an inside cabin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter