~~~ May 16, 2009 ~~~ Western Magic ~~~ Part 2 ~~~ Key Lime Pie-rates ~~~

Hi Kym ~ I called DCL and asked if our sea day changed what would happen to our Palo reservation. I was told that Palo reservations for Thursday (original sea day) would switch to the new sea day (Wednesday for the western cruisers leaving on Saturday). I wonder about Pirate night and semi-formal night???? ~ Kathy

Is DCL talking about brunch or dinner with switching the reservations? With Brunch it is an easy switch since that is only on Sea days but with dinner it is different since they already have a certain percentage of their bookings filled for both nights. That would fill up one night and leave the other completely open.

I'm here...I can't wait for the cruise to start. I really need the vacation.

I was looking at all the pictures and profiles and everyone looks great. I also didn't realize so many kids about my kids age were going. I'm going to have to show then the pictures so they can look out for the kids :)

Hi there - welcome! I think there is a cruise packing list floating around, I know it was on the other thread...I am not sure how to attach anything...maybe someone can help with that.

The excursions I am not sure about - there is so much to see and do at the ports it really depends on what you want to do. We are beach bound at each stop except Key West. I found the Disney website to be really helpful in describing the ports and the activities. Then I would come on the main cruise board and do a search to see what the feedback was for the excursions I was interested in. Not sure if this helps or not?
There's a cruise packing list? Can I get a copy? Please.....

Nevermind...I found it.

Good morning Peeraroonies!

CAN ANYONE REMIND ME WHAT TIMES / PLACES WE WERE GOING TO TRY MEET AT EPCOT ON THE 15TH PLEASE . . . I FORGOT TO PUT IT ON MY ITINERY CARDS!!!!

Oh i didn't think of that. All my magents are out of date! Oh well, I'll suck it up *** I'M OFF TO DISNEY TOMORROW!

Sonya ~ I hope you have a wonderful time at WDW :)! Our meet times/locations at Epcot on Friday are 3:00 p.m. at the Off Kilter stage in Canada and 10:00 p.m. at the fountain in France. Can't wait to meet you and Tony in person :). After reading your WONDERFUL food report and all the chatter on this thread, I feel like I've known you forever :)!!! ~ Kathy

Well, let's just say that I had a VERY close encounter with the flu yesterday (admitted a patient for gallstones who had a positive flu test on Tuesday-don't know type of flu yet). I'm operating on him today and the amount of hoop-la at the hospital is totally unbearable! (ie I can't do his surgery until EVERY other surgery scheduled has been done and the entire operating room area is free of all other patients...ie I'll be there very late tonight...:confused3)

So...consider me a "flu guinnea pig!" :lmao:

Sonya: Have a great trip! Hope the puppy is ok!

Well, let's just say that I had a VERY close encounter with the flu yesterday (admitted a patient for gallstones who had a positive flu test on Tuesday-don't know type of flu yet). I'm operating on him today and the amount of hoop-la at the hospital is totally unbearable! (ie I can't do his surgery until EVERY other surgery scheduled has been done and the entire operating room area is free of all other patients...ie I'll be there very late tonight...:confused3)

Cinda, I hope everything goes ok with the surgery today and you don't end up with the flu. My fingers are crossed. :)

Drum roll please...............

party:party:party:party:

2 Weeks

We're at the final stretch!!!!!​

Good luck! Fingers crossed over here.

On a side note -- does that packing list really list "walkman and tapes"? Tapes. Really?... And is that person planning on never returning home? Holy Cow that's a lot of "stuff". Maybe I don't overpack after all... :rotfl:

Good luck! Fingers crossed over here.

On a side note -- does that packing list really list "walkman and tapes"? Tapes. Really?... And is that person planning on never returning home? Holy Cow that's a lot of "stuff". Maybe I don't overpack after all... :rotfl:
I took the packing list and deleted the things that don't apply to us that way the list wasn't as overwelming.

Hi everyone!
My daughter is in NYC and I still have not heard from her!! Darn teenagers! lol.
I am dying to know where we will be going... Nassau?? This is my first cruise and I am so excited no matter where we go, I just would love to know!!!
Have a great night.
Kristin

I'm sure that your daughter is safe and is having a ball. She'll touch base with mom soon!!!

I made it over without getting lost. I wanted to share/gloat that I found airfare for less than $100 round trip per person from Memphis to Orlando. :banana:

Also a question i have been MIA for a while; Amanda what was ever decided about the wrist bands? Am i too late to obtain some for the fam?

Congrats on the airline deal!!! WTG!

Oh brother.............Now this I really didn't consider!!!! Now I'm in total worry about the mexico thing stress mode!!!:sad2::headache::sad2::headache:

Our VR wedding is supposed to be on our sea day on Thursday. I'm not going to be a happy bride if we are in a port on a day when I have to be on the ship!! RRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Oh Belinda! I'm sure that everything will work out just fine with your VR. Is there a contact person with DCL that is in charge of the details of your VR? Maybe he/she will be able to give you some inside info.... Just try to think positive thoughts!!! :love:

So what do you think. Should I call DCL to see we have a stateroom assigned yet? We booked Cat 12 and the website still shows our room assignment as GTY. I will be happy with what ever we get, but I am getting antsy to know, plus sort of wishing for a little magic.

When I checked the site for new bookings on our cruise, all catogories were availalble. Earlier today only 4,5,6,7 and 10.

Would you call?

It doesn't hurt to ask!!! Go for it!

I got another thing checked off my list tonight - pedicure!!!:cool1: Didn't do the quick one either did the spa pedicure with parifin wax treatment (sorry guys TMI). My feet feel fantastic and the toes are now ready to be seen in sandals ...

That's great! DH and I are going to get manicures and pedicures the Thursday before we leave for our cruise. DH is a plumber so his nails are always in need of some type of treatement but he has NEVER had a manicure or a pedi so I can't wait to see his reaction.

Good morning Peeraroonies!

Here I am at my desk at work, doing nothing!!! Not finishishing until 3pm, dropping dogs at kennels at 5pm, then off to TGI Fridays and airport!!

Have a wonderful, wonderful trip!!!!

Essentials

Great packing list!!! Thanks

I hope the surgery goes well!!!

I made it over without getting lost. I wanted to share/gloat that I found airfare for less than $100 round trip per person from Memphis to Orlando. :banana:

Also a question i have been MIA for a while; Amanda what was ever decided about the wrist bands? Am i too late to obtain some for the fam?

Jamie -

No worries! I had you down for the 5 (i think) you had requested. I have already ordered them & they are with all the rest of my stuff to pack! ;)
You can log into you paypal account & send payment that way to my email address at Tink113@aol.com
Each wrist band is:
($1.15 x # of bands) + $.30 + $.03 per dollar = Total Cost
so for 5 it would be $6.23 i think.. :upsidedow

Sonya ~ I hope you have a wonderful time at WDW :)! Our meet times/locations at Epcot on Friday are 3:00 p.m. at the Off Kilter stage in Canada and 10:00 p.m. at the fountain in France. Can't wait to meet you and Tony in person :). After reading your WONDERFUL food report and all the chatter on this thread, I feel like I've known you forever :)!!! ~ Kathy

Thank you both!!! I can't wait to see you all!

Cinda, goodness, take a lot of care :goodvibes

Drum roll please...............

2 Weeks

We're at the final stretch!!!!!​

WOO HOO!!! With that I am off to the airport! Will check in on the i-phone later if I can !! See y'all real soon!

For those doing MCO transfers it sounds like DCL has made a recent change improving the process.

I just read this in a current trip report (On the Wonder(4/9-4/12)We went back,more fun than the first!Lots of pics..(new #67) by VATCHR)

April 9-12 3-night Wonder​

Last year we did a land/sea and then met everyone at the MCO Hyatt the night before the cruise. That worked beautifully, so we did it again (minus the land part).

It was interesting though, how they did the cruise check in for our Thursday cruise. It had changed quite a bit from last July.

We were told at check in to go to the Magical Express desk in the airport between 6:30 a.m.- 8:30 a.m. and they would check us in completely – room key cards, Castaway club lanyards, everything. We would not have to do anything at the port except for kids clubs registrations if we wanted. That sounded great, but then they told us that the first bus will leave at 11:00 a.m.

I knew that was wrong, so I walked down to Magical Express that evening and talked with them. They confirmed that the first buses for DCL leave at about 9:30 a.m. So we were set.

Up next…our embarkation process – did it go smoothly?

On our way to the Port!​

My DD1 and I headed to Magical Express at 6:30 a.m. and got us all checked in with passports, tickets and all. We received our Castaway club lanyards for being repeat cruisers and our Key to the World cards. We also received boarding pass #3. We were done! All checked in, boarding pass, keys…now we just had to wait until 9:15 a.m. to head back to magical express to line up for the first DCL bus to the port.

Have a great flight. With the third Twilight book in hand, the flight will be over & you'll be the only one still sitting (head buried in book of course:lmao:) before you know it!

:cool1:HOPE YOU HAVE A BLAST & CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ON THE SHIP!!!:cool1:
Thanks for the laugh, but hope you're puppy is ok! I know my puppy knows when we are heading out & she gives dirty looks I SWEAR!

Wow! This list is excellent! Good final checklist for Sonya if only she had room in her luggage for something else!!! Very well done!

Carole

For those doing MCO transfers it sounds like DCL has made a recent change improving the process.

I just read this in a current trip report (On the Wonder(4/9-4/12)We went back,more fun than the first!Lots of pics..(new #67) by VATCHR)

Wow thanks for the info!!!
We are doing the MCO transfers and we were told to be at the airport check-in around 9!!! Just means now we have to wake up even earlier (for us at least, darn time change).

If I would have known that it would have been easier to just stay at the Hyatt, go down check in at 6:30, then go back up to bed until 9! hahaha

Sonya- Have a safe flight, enjoy the 3rd twilight book!

Cinda- Good luck on your surgery, let's hope the guy just has the REGULAR Flu!!!!

WOO HOO for 2 weeks!!!!!!

Alright, I'm off to unload my packing room into the office, then a college graduation for my Bro in-law, skating meeting....ugh!

I'm glad to see everyone is making it over here okay! :grouphug: I put in a request to close the other thread, and I also posted a request on it to not post to it anymore.

I can't find it now to see who posted it, but someone suggested that we put in our "request" to DCL on what to do, and I did just that yesterday when I called about my "lost" $50 OBC that has since been found. She just laughed at me and said she would pass it on. (BTW, my request was another day @ CC!) :banana: (Just found it--it was Alberto!) :thumbsup2

I called Disney and made the same request.

What if we all call and request something beside Nassau? I am not really sure I care which we do except a double dip :cool2: would save $$$ over Atlantis... :thumbsup2

What if we all call and request something beside Nassau? I am not really sure I care which we do except a double dip :cool2: would save $$$ over Atlantis... :thumbsup2

We WOULD love a double dip at CC :). In fact, Brian said that he would be happy if the ship docked there for the entire week :)!! I'll call and make my request. ~ Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter