May 2010 Pre-Trip Report--Bay Lake Tower, here we come! *TR link posted! 6/8*

Do you have a Jeep stroller? I really do miss ours...

Yeah I have an awesome Jeep stroller!! I actually snagged it in Disney when the crappy one we bought just stopped working (wouldn't fold!). My mom had bought that one in a garage sale...I was SO glad for my Jeep one and like it more than the "nice" one we left at home!!

I also love the sleeping pics!! I would probably do the same thing!! That's freaking hilarious!! I have pics of Landon passed out in my arms in front of the Epcot ball...and then me pretending to be asleep too! Yeah...I'm pretty much a nerd. :goodvibes

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:I love those sleeping pictures! That is absolutely hilarious!

I have never had the opportunity to stay at one of the values. We have done the moderates a couple of times, but it has been deluxe or DVC for us otherwise. I did, however, always notice the lines at the values.

I LOVE the snoozin pics! Those are freakin wonderful! That is how memories are made! I love the Jasmine kiss too! Aj was to afraid of the princesses to let them kiss him but boy did he attack Minnie! Im pretty sure she needed to be lysoled after he got ahold of her!

Thanks!

Awww, poor Minnie! That's funny, though, that he didn't let the Princesses kiss him.

Haha, those sleeping pictures are GREAT!!! Why shouldn't mom and dad still have fun when the kids are catching some Z's?!?

Thanks! That's what we thought...:lmao:

Those sleeping pictures are just too darn funny! :lmao: I love it!

Thanks! I'm having fun going back through our old pictures and remembering these times! :goodvibes

I love the sleeping pics! My kids fell asleep ONCE last year :scared1:

Thanks! Ummm, I think this is before we got the bright idea to go back to the room for naps. Yeah, I mentioned I was clueless then, right? :laughing:

Yeah I have an awesome Jeep stroller!! I actually snagged it in Disney when the crappy one we bought just stopped working (wouldn't fold!). My mom had bought that one in a garage sale...I was SO glad for my Jeep one and like it more than the "nice" one we left at home!!

I also love the sleeping pics!! I would probably do the same thing!! That's freaking hilarious!! I have pics of Landon passed out in my arms in front of the Epcot ball...and then me pretending to be asleep too! Yeah...I'm pretty much a nerd. :goodvibes

I remember now when you got your Jeep stroller...it was in your TR.

Thanks! I remember that picture, too! And all your jumping pictures...which reminds me that I want to take one or two of those this year, too!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:I love those sleeping pictures! That is absolutely hilarious!

I have never had the opportunity to stay at one of the values. We have done the moderates a couple of times, but it has been deluxe or DVC for us otherwise. I did, however, always notice the lines at the values.

Aren't they cute?

We've stayed at least once in every category. Now it's time for DVC! :woohoo:

Aww, more great pictures!

Thanks! I'm about to put some more up, hopefully!

I just love all of the "firsts" pictures. As for pictures of the kids snoozing in their strollers, I have some of those pictures too so I guess I'm a "mean" parent too.:laughing:

I found out yesterday that Luke's backordered t-shirt should be on the way very soon! :cool1: Now I don't have to worry about him being left out!

In 2005, we were back to All Star Movies. No more "super secret new hotels" for us, thank you! This was the year that Max decided "no more Values". We did have fun posing around the hotel grounds, though.

scan0026.jpg

We saw Mickey's Philharmagic. It is still one of our favorites!

scan0027.jpg

scan0028.jpg

We dined at the Sci-Fi DineIn Theatre:

scan0030.jpg

And Luke took his first ride on Star Tours! We did a picture similar to Allison's first ride:

scan0032.jpg

We attended Star Wars Weekends again, and met Princess Leia:

scan0033.jpg

scan0031.jpg

Gotta love the Power Rangers and their posing!

Here's another one of our favorties:

scan0034.jpg

Here are Allison & Luke in their new, bigger umbrella strollers. These were great because they gave the kids more room than a normal umbrella stroller, but they still folded up easily & were not nearly as bulky folded as that Jeep stroller was!

scan0029.jpg

The funny story behind this picture is this: The kids had asked for ice cream in Animal Kingdom, so we stopped at a little cart in Dinoland USA. The kids are enjoying their fruit bars in the picture. As soon as they had finished them, they said, "When can we have ice cream"! That's when we learned that there is a difference in ice cream and frozen fruit bars! :laughing: I guess we should have know that all along, though!

I hope you all have a great weekend! (I know it's a bit early for weekend wishes, but Thursday's about half over & I am ready for Friday!)

I just love all of the "firsts" pictures. As for pictures of the kids snoozing in their strollers, I have some of those pictures too so I guess I'm a "mean" parents too.:laughing:

:goodvibes It's fun to take pictures like that! We've got a couple of them sleeping in strollers at Silver Dollar City, too. Did you ever finish that part of your TR? I can't remember any of your SDC pictures after the cave...

:goodvibes It's fun to take pictures like that! We've got a couple of them sleeping in strollers at Silver Dollar City, too. Did you ever finish that part of your TR? I can't remember any of your SDC pictures after the cave...

I never did finish up the Branson part of my trip report. I found the rest of the pictures the other day so I guess I need to post 'em don't I.

Love the story of ice cream. That is too funny that they ate their treats and still wanted real ice cream.

Hi B! Great sleepy pics! They are so funny. :laughing: I have a sleepytime pic or two as well.

The story about the fruit bars is funny as well. I can see one of mine coming up with that.

What caused you to decide no more values? I think after a Disneymoon at a Deluxe, Weird and I are going to have to cut back because neither of us make much money. We'd probably do a value each time; we'd think it'd be easier since we're only 2 people. I'm just curious to know what made you change.

Wow, the profile view of Princess Leia looks like Jennifer Garner! I looked at it and immediately thought, "That's Sydney Bristow in another one of her disguises!" (from Alias)

HAHA, I love the icecream/fruit bars thing!

As soon as they had finished them, they said, "When can we have ice cream"! That's when we learned that there is a difference in ice cream and frozen fruit bars! [/B]

Well, of course, there is a difference between a fruit bar and ice cream! :rotfl:

I never did finish up the Branson part of my trip report. I found the rest of the pictures the other day so I guess I need to post 'em don't I.

Yes you do! I'll be on the lookout for them.

Love the story of ice cream. That is too funny that they ate their treats and still wanted real ice cream.

I know it! It was almost immediately after they finished that they asked that.

Hi B! Great sleepy pics! They are so funny. :laughing: I have a sleepytime pic or two as well.

The story about the fruit bars is funny as well. I can see one of mine coming up with that.

Thanks! They look so sweet when they are sleeping. :goodvibes
Kids know what's "real" ice cream and what's not. :laughing:

What caused you to decide no more values? I think after a Disneymoon at a Deluxe, Weird and I are going to have to cut back because neither of us make much money. We'd probably do a value each time; we'd think it'd be easier since we're only 2 people. I'm just curious to know what made you change.

Wow, the profile view of Princess Leia looks like Jennifer Garner! I looked at it and immediately thought, "That's Sydney Bristow in another one of her disguises!" (from Alias)

HAHA, I love the icecream/fruit bars thing!

We changed for a number of reasons. There is nothing "wrong" with the Value Resorts by any means. We stayed at Values our first 3 years. By the time our next trip came around, we were ready to go up a category, the kids were bigger, we had a little more to spend, we wanted to find out for ourselves the difference in categories (if moving up to Moderate was really worth it). Those value bus lines are killer, we would always look at the Moderate bus lines with envy when the bus would pull up and everyone would get on and pull away while we were 5 turns back and 3 buses away from our resort. In fact, in 2007 when DH & went for our anniversary without the kids, we almost went Value again, but decided since it was our anniversary we deserved something a bit more "special"-Caribbean Beach! ;)

I had to go back up and look at that picture of Leia. She does look like Jeniffer Garner! I never did watch Alias. I did watch Felicity, though, and heard that they had originally wanted Felicity to have the alias. But then made the idea into its own show.

Well, of course, there is a difference between a fruit bar and ice cream! :rotfl:

:headache: Duh, right? I will never make that mistake again! :lmao:

Why has it taken me this long to realize that I can say I'll be in Disney World NEXT MONTH? :banana::banana:

Luke's T-shirt came in yesterday. That's a relief! :goodvibes

I am formulating a plan to get myself to a Magic Kingdom rope drop. I'll choose one of our first days there to maximize the potential that I will actually wake up in time! Since we'll be at BLT :-)cheer2:) I can just walk on over. After I see the show I will head on down to the Main Street Bakery and get a few of those cinnamon rolls I've heard so much about around here. If I can make it all the way back to BLT without eating all the cinnamon rolls, the rest of my family will be able to enjoy a yummy breakfast!

And now back to the flashback trips.

2006. Our first stay at a Moderate Resort. Our choice? Caribbean Beach! :cool1: I've only stayed at two different Moderates, but Caribbean Beach is my favorite. Allison is quite fond of it too, and still asks to stay there. I love the atmosphere around that place. The colors of the buildings, the music, the beaches, the lush, tropical landscaping...I could go on, but I think I'll show you some pictures instead.

Of course, I realized just now that the ones I had chosen a few weeks ago to scan in don't have much of the Caribbean Beach beauty in them. :confused3

scan0044.jpg

Can you see the Hidden Mickey in the rain puddle in the parking lot? Caribbean Beach parking lot, I might add.

scan0036.jpg

I did get a shot of our window from that year. We don't always "decorate" the windows, but we did in 2006.

scan0049.jpg

Most of us had fun playing around in the Caribbean Beach gift shop. We even tried our hand at playing the steel drums. Luke would blend right in with the locals, don't you think?

scan0048.jpg

The kids had the best time playing in the fountains at Downtown Disney on our arrival night.

scan0047.jpg

Here we are just goofing off. Notice Allison rockin' the Silver Dollar City poncho in Walt Disney World! :thumbsup2

scan0046.jpg

This is the year Allison got to "fight up Darth Vader" Poor Luke still hasn't gotten the opportunity to do this. I am keeping my fingers crossed and planning on getting there before the show actually starts this year!

scan0045.jpg

Family picture in Epcot.

scan0043.jpg

These kids love Minnie's House. I hate that it will be gone.

scan0041.jpg

There was no Pirates of the Caribbean for us that year. :sad1:

scan0040.jpg

But they did get to build robots in Epcot in one of the Innoventions buildings.

scan0039.jpg

Flying off to Agrabah!

scan0038.jpg

Luke just needed to stop and make a quick phone call.

scan0037.jpg

We saw a beautiful rainbow!

scan0035.jpg

I can't take a trip to Animal Kingdom without getting an atmosphere shot!

Just a little over a month now until we are there again! :)

Yea! for being able to say you'll be in Disney World next month! As you may know, we are CBR lovers so it was nice to see your pictures.

You know, in all of our trips to WDW, I've never eaten a cinnamon roll from Main Street Bakery. I don't know why that is but I may just have to rectify that this trip.

Yea! for being able to say you'll be in Disney World next month! As you may know, we are CBR lovers so it was nice to see your pictures.

You know, in all of our trips to WDW, I've never eaten a cinnamon roll from Main Street Bakery. I don't know why that is but I may just have to rectify that this trip.

I did know you guys are CBR lovers. I should have scanned in some more from around there, maybe I'll do that when I get home....

I have never had one either, but I've heard great things about them on the DIS! :disrocks:

It's a month today! :woohoo:

:jumping1: I will be right behind you, girl!

p.s.---Looks like 500 posts is the magical number to become a DIS Veteran--and this was mine!

Woo hoo, next month! Glad you got Luke's shirt. :thumbsup2

That is so awesome Allison got to battle Darth Vader. I get such a kick out of watching the kids do that. What a great memory!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter