May 2010 Pre-Trip Report--Bay Lake Tower, here we come! *TR link posted! 6/8*

a

We also have a Margot in our family. When we got her as an early Christmas gift for the kids in 2006 we thought we were bringing home a miniature dachshund, but she outgrew that distinction pretty quickly! You may not be able to tell her size very well from this picture, though.

20091113_110.jpg

OH your Margot is so cute. Our Niko is a tweeny Doxie, and he weighs about 15 lbs. They look like they are about the same size. Ok, gotta hit the sack, got to work tomorrow. If we're not busy I will get on at work and read more there..........shhhhhhhhh.

:banana::cool1:I'm all caught up :banana::cool1:. I love your flashback pictures :thumbsup2. It is so much fun seeing how the kids are growing in each new yearly post. I can't remember my kids ever being that little :lmao:.

YAY for food shopping!! I did the same thing today!! But I'm also ordering from Garden Grocer for things like milk, bottled water, Poptarts, and Goldfish!! :goodvibes

It's always fun making a food/snack run but I always seem to end up with too many things too. I have a "snack box" that goes in the backseat and it's cup always runneth over.;) We decided to go with Garden Grocer again this year simply because I don't want to take away from our Disney time with boring grocery shopping. That being said, we did it for years and years when we stayed offsite.

I got my new box and the rest of the snacks fit! Thank goodness, I didn't want to leave any of them at home! :laughing: I'm just planning on a quick run in for milk, water, & Gatorade...Let's hope those aren't "famous last words!"

Jumping in a little late--it looks like we have dates real close to each other! And I can't believ that it's MAY!

:welcome: Better late than never, right?! :laughing: I'm glad you're here--I'm going to check out your PTR when I'm finished here.

I love food shopping when it means snacks for the car ride! Since the ride is so long, good snacks are a must! Of course, this past trip I only got sugary things (Costco chocolate chip cookies and madeleines), so it was such a lovely surprise for Weird to get me those Doritos. Yum. Because we know that calories on vacation don't count as much :thumbsup2

Good snacks are a must! Calories? on Vacation? No such thing! :thumbsup2

:wave: I finally made it over :banana:. I have got to catch up though so I'm off to read a page or two before bed :surfweb:.

Yay! :welcome: I'm so proud of you! I'm almost all caught up on yours, too!

a

OH your Margot is so cute. Our Niko is a tweeny Doxie, and he weighs about 15 lbs. They look like they are about the same size. Ok, gotta hit the sack, got to work tomorrow. If we're not busy I will get on at work and read more there..........shhhhhhhhh.

Thanks! I am :lmao: over here, though at seeing that picture again. I should take a picture of Margot in her bed when I get home for you. Margot is a monster to her beds...rips them up and throws the stuffing all over the room! I can't believe how cute that bed used to be...:eek:

And I won't tell if you won't! It's not like I'm at work right now with a big stack of papers staring up at me from the desk.....

Yay for getting some trip food B! That's a great sign that your trip is right around the corner. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I know! It's the little things, right? Now I don't know what to do with myself for the next 2 weeks....after that I can pack!

:banana::cool1:I'm all caught up :banana::cool1:. I love your flashback pictures :thumbsup2. It is so much fun seeing how the kids are growing in each new yearly post. I can't remember my kids ever being that little :lmao:.

Thanks! I still haven't uploaded the 2007 & 2008 pictures, which is something I can do in the next 2 weeks I guess...It seems like such a long time ago that they were that little!

YAY for food shopping!! I did the same thing today!! But I'm also ordering from Garden Grocer for things like milk, bottled water, Poptarts, and Goldfish!! :goodvibes

Yay! I've got my Pop-Tarts packed in their little box. I have got to remember to upload those pictures tonight, too. I figured with such a small list of things to get when we get there, that a quick run-in wouldn't be too much trouble. :goodvibes

Food Shopping is the highlight before we leave, it means a long car ride. Since we drive, we are just going to bring supplies with us. Like the water and snack and breakfast items. The family is happy about the microwave this year in the room. They like popcorn and to be able to heat up left overs and such. Looking forward to our food shopping trip!! :)

Food Shopping is the highlight before we leave, it means a long car ride. Since we drive, we are just going to bring supplies with us. Like the water and snack and breakfast items. The family is happy about the microwave this year in the room. They like popcorn and to be able to heat up left overs and such. Looking forward to our food shopping trip!! :)

I agree! We are taking popcorn this year, too. I don't know why we haven't before...

I'm here with a few pictures!

P4260019.jpg

These are most of the snacks before I packed them all up. That green box on the edge of the left side of the photo is the popcorn. There is also a package of the mini cereal boxes.

I was such a dumb bunny (to borrow a Lisa (mickeystoontown) word) with the cereal this year. Last year I left the cereal wrapped in the plastic and packed it in the car just like that. This year I unwrapped it in my excitement and ruined its perfect packability...now I have extra loose boxes of cereal to find a home for...

P4270020.jpg

Here are the snacks all packed up! The top box is the new one for this year. The bottom box has sunscreen, hand sanitizer, Tums, etc. in it.

P5190044.jpg

This is a shot of the very back of the car, where we'll pack all our stuff.

P5190045.jpg

Pulling on the black strap in the front center of the above picture lifts up this section to reveal a nice little bonus area for packing all those little boxes from the previous picture! :thumbsup2

Dana commented on the picture of our dog Margot earlier, well, here's a couple of shots of what Margot's bed looks like today:

P4290021.jpg

...running in shame?

P4290022.jpg

Nope, she's proud!

At least the floors are swept everyday...

Thanks for reminding me of the recall. I've been meaning to check on my Tylenol and Motrin.

ETA: GRRR. . .I spent $30 last week on meds when my daughter was sick. Every one of them is on the recall list. I gave her those meds!!!!

Like all the food you've packed. You could hang out with us for sure! :lmao:

Margot looks like she is a character. I love dachsund's! My parents have had at least one since I was in the first grade. That was a LOOOONNNNNGGG time ago. They have such funny personalities:goodvibes

I looked at the recall on the McNeil drugs. How the heck did they ship children's medicine with the wrong concentrations of active ingredients, unauthorized inactive ingredients, and tiny particles???? :scared1:

Thanks for reminding me of the recall. I've been meaning to check on my Tylenol and Motrin.

ETA: GRRR. . .I spent $30 last week on meds when my daughter was sick. Every one of them is on the recall list. I gave her those meds!!!!

You are welcome! A friend of mine posted it on Facebook & when I checked it I had 3 bottles to throw out! Two of which were almost empty...and the third had most definitely been used.

Like all the food you've packed. You could hang out with us for sure! :lmao:

Margot looks like she is a character. I love dachsund's! My parents have had at least one since I was in the first grade. That was a LOOOONNNNNGGG time ago. They have such funny personalities:goodvibes

I looked at the recall on the McNeil drugs. How the heck did they ship children's medicine with the wrong concentrations of active ingredients, unauthorized inactive ingredients, and tiny particles???? :scared1:

Woo hoo! Vacation snacks are fun! Sometimes I think it might be silly to get so excited about the food, but then I'm over it the next second! :laughing:

Margot is great! She's about as silly/clumsy as we are, so she fits right in!

I don't know how that stuff happens on the medicine! It's enough to make you want to grow everything yourself and home remedy!

Mmm, those gummy bears need to be in my belly! I'd probably have gummies all the time if they weren't so bad for teeth! I don't really like chewing them; I like sucking on them, which means leaving them near my back teeth for a long period of time. I will plan on getting gummy bears for our next trip though; it'll be the treat!!! Thanks for the idea!

LOVE the extra space and the stuff packed in boxes! Organization rocks!

Mmm.....Snacks! I have been shopping for snacks as well but do not have all of them together at this time. Have a bit more shopping to do.

It is amazing you can fit everything into the prius :worship:, I am so impressed. I am lucky to fit all our stuff into our Town&Country Van. :confused3

We are Closer to the World!!!!!

Yum yum! Looks like you've got all the snacks you'll need for the trip. I have to tell you that I did laugh when you posted a picture of the back of your vehicle. Why? 'Cause it reminded me that we always make a comment that we hope we never have to stop on the side of the road because of a flat tire. We'd have to unload everything just to get to the jack.:eek:

Margot is a cutie pie for sure! When our dog, Oddball, slept in the house, he was always chewing on his dog bed. Finally, I bought a new one which was torn to pieces in just 2 days.

Mmm, those gummy bears need to be in my belly! I'd probably have gummies all the time if they weren't so bad for teeth! I don't really like chewing them; I like sucking on them, which means leaving them near my back teeth for a long period of time. I will plan on getting gummy bears for our next trip though; it'll be the treat!!! Thanks for the idea!

LOVE the extra space and the stuff packed in boxes! Organization rocks!

You are welcome! They are sooo good! But you are right about them being bad for teeth!

Organization does rock--if only I could keep everything organized just so!

Mmm.....Snacks! I have been shopping for snacks as well but do not have all of them together at this time. Have a bit more shopping to do.

It is amazing you can fit everything into the prius :worship:, I am so impressed. I am lucky to fit all our stuff into our Town&Country Van. :confused3

We are Closer to the World!!!!!

That's all our snacks! I will keep a small bag up front with me that will have caramel & apple cinnamon rice cakes in it. I do have those, but they didn't make the picture I guess!

My DH is great at getting all the bags to fit in so nicely! DD has a new suitcase this year & DS will be using hers from last year, which was new then & still in good condition (it's blue, not girly!) I think we'll have to do a practice run to make sure it will still all fit! :goodvibes

Yum yum! Looks like you've got all the snacks you'll need for the trip. I have to tell you that I did laugh when you posted a picture of the back of your vehicle. Why? 'Cause it reminded me that we always make a comment that we hope we never have to stop on the side of the road because of a flat tire. We'd have to unload everything just to get to the jack.:eek:

Margot is a cutie pie for sure! When our dog, Oddball, slept in the house, he was always chewing on his dog bed. Finally, I bought a new one which was torn to pieces in just 2 days.

:scared1: That would be so bad, but you are right...we would have to do the same thing!

Thanks! We think Margot is pretty cute too, when she's not throwing stuffing all around the house! :laughing: Her bed has lasted a bit longer than 2 days, thank goodness!

Woo hoo, getting close now! You look very organized with your boxes.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: At the picture of Margot's bed. Niko tears up every toy he gets the same way.

DSCF1136.jpg

Does Margot go to Disney with ya'll? We have taken Niko with us several times and he has stayed in the kennel at the TTC. We tried the kennel at Ft Wilderness for a few days last year and it was a disaster so we transferred him to the TTC kennel.

I hope your Mother's day was a great one :goodvibes.

:banana::woohoo:10 DAYS:banana::woohoo:

Woo hoo, getting close now! You look very organized with your boxes.

Thanks! Having limited packing space calls for organization! If only I was always so organized....

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: At the picture of Margot's bed. Niko tears up every toy he gets the same way.

DSCF1136.jpg

Does Margot go to Disney with ya'll? We have taken Niko with us several times and he has stayed in the kennel at the TTC. We tried the kennel at Ft Wilderness for a few days last year and it was a disaster so we transferred him to the TTC kennel.

I hope your Mother's day was a great one :goodvibes.

:banana::woohoo:10 DAYS:banana::woohoo:

Ha ha! That could surely be one of Margot's toys too! Have you seen the Kong brand toys? Margot has only managed to tear up one of hers over the past 3 years, so they're a pretty good value. We have a kennel at home that we use for Margot for short stays. She usually stays with my in-laws while we are at Disney. I don't know how that long car trip to FL would be with Margot in the car! :scared1: She is constantly on the move while she's in a vehicle! I'm surprised that the Ft. Wilderness Kennel was a disaster. Is Niko going back with you this year? Or should I say this week!?! :cool1:

13 Days!!!!! :banana::banana::cool1::dance3::dance3::cheer2:

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

And today I am dancing for 11 days! party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter