May 2010 Pre-Trip Report--Bay Lake Tower, here we come! *TR link posted! 6/8*

Y'all (And I don't use that word lightly) I am about to go out of mind over here. I am at that point where it's close enough that I want to start packing (really packing) but it's too far away to actually pack anything because we're still using it all! :laughing: We got out the suitcases last night. We practiced loading them into the car.

P5090010.jpg

P5090009.jpg

They fit! :yay:

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of them fitting! :laughing:

Please excuse that nasty looking wet spot in the carport. The kids had helped me water flowerbeds earlier. That means water everywhere!

So now we know what we can pack our stuff in. I packed a few pairs of shorts that I know I won't wear between now and when we leave. I may end up running to Old Navy for a few more tank tops. Max has gone so far as to pack several outfits. He has separate work shirts and shorts that he wears during the week, which allows him to be able to pack more stuff right now. I'm not even going to try to get anything packed for the kids until next weekend, though. And that's where I am. I am so ready to pack and go, but I still have to wait, wait, wait.

For those of you with DDP experience: What do you do about tipping? Do you figure tips before hand (if so, how?) or do you get a ticket at the end of the meal with the price on it and figure it then?

How about my DVC friends, is there anything I need to pack that I might not think of? I have a packing list, but this is our first time going DVC.

This is going to be the longest week ever.

Ya'll (And I don't use that word lightly) I am about to go out of mind over here. I am at that point where it's close enough that I want to start packing (really packing) but it's too far away to actually pack anything because we're still using it all! :laughing: We got out the suitcases last night. We
They fit! :yay:

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of them fitting! :laughing:

Please excuse that nasty looking wet spot in the carport. The kids had helped me water flowerbeds earlier. That means water everywhere!

So now we know what we can pack our stuff in. I packed a few pairs of shorts that I know I won't wear between now and when we leave. I may end up running to Old Navy for a few more tank tops. Max has gone so far as to pack several outfits. He has separate work shirts and shorts that he wears during the week, which allows him to be able to pack more stuff right now. I'm not even going to try to get anything packed for the kids until next weekend, though. And that's where I am. I am so ready to pack and go, but I still have to wait, wait, wait.

For those of you with DDP experience: What do you do about tipping? Do you figure tips before hand (if so, how?) or do you get a ticket at the end of the meal with the price on it and figure it then?

How about my DVC friends, is there anything I need to pack that I might not think of? I have a packing list, but this is our first time going DVC.

This is going to be the longest week ever.

That is the worst part... is being so close that you want to do stuff and need to, but can't because you still need it... ugh it's nerve racking!!! Congrats on getting the luggage to fit, that is def a must lol
As far as DDP and tipping goes I don't know.
I can't remember if you are flying or driving, but if you are driving could you go ahead and start getting a couple groceries or at least some munchie stuff for the trip down?

B, I am cracking up at you all seeing if your luggage will fit. What a teaser for the trip. :laughing:

This is my first DVC trip so I am absolutely no help there. With regards to DDP, I usually figure the tip after the meal. They usually have a couple of percentages calculated for you on the bottom of the bill so it really isn't too bad. :goodvibes I think it might show 18% & 20%. I'm not sure if 15% is on there or not-I don't remember. :confused3

We're almost there girl! 6 more days for me!! :woohoo:

As far as it being your first trip going DVC :banana: are you talking about paperwork or just stuff you might need on your trip (toiletries, clothes, etc.)? Sorry, that probably sounds really stupid of me. :rolleyes: I'll try to help though!

Maybe they will give you 1st visit buttons since it is your 1st visit "home." (that's what they did for us even though it was like our 10th trip :laughing:). :thumbsup2

9 days!!!! :cool1::banana::dance3:

I am felling the Y'ALL!!! Going crazy thang!!! I have been packing all week and repacking. Can I pack anymore! Well, YES!!

We do tips at the end of the meal. They have to earn the good ones after all. ;)

We are almost on our way B!!

OH MY GOSH ARE YOU SERIOUSLY IN SINGLE DIGITS?!?!?!?! I would be going bonkers if I were you!! That's incredible!! All your food looks nice and I'm so excited for you going for the first time as DVC owners!! YAY!!! I'm so excited for you!!

That is the worst part... is being so close that you want to do stuff and need to, but can't because you still need it... ugh it's nerve racking!!! Congrats on getting the luggage to fit, that is def a must lol
As far as DDP and tipping goes I don't know.
I can't remember if you are flying or driving, but if you are driving could you go ahead and start getting a couple groceries or at least some munchie stuff for the trip down?

We are driving. :drive: And I already have my in Disney and on the road snacks bought! :cool2: I guess it's just a matter of waiting it out for now...:laughing:

B, I am cracking up at you all seeing if your luggage will fit. What a teaser for the trip.

This is my first DVC trip so I am absolutely no help there. With regards to DDP, I usually figure the tip after the meal. They usually have a couple of percentages calculated for you on the bottom of the bill so it really isn't too bad. :goodvibes I think it might show 18% & 20%. I'm not sure if 15% is on there or not-I don't remember.

We're almost there girl! 6 more days for me!!

Girl-I don't know what I would do if I got all packed up and it didn't fit! Repack, I guess! :laughing: But it's nice to know it all fit!

Thanks on the tipping - I didn't know how they would do your bill on the DDP. I'm glad to know that!

I know! I can't wait!

As far as it being your first trip going DVC :banana: are you talking about paperwork or just stuff you might need on your trip (toiletries, clothes, etc.)? Sorry, that probably sounds really stupid of me. I'll try to help though!

Maybe they will give you 1st visit buttons since it is your 1st visit "home." (that's what they did for us even though it was like our 10th trip.

Not a stupid question! I mean as far as things we might need in the room. I've read a bit about the trash & towel service and I know they don't do housekeeping everyday...but that's about all I know!

That's funny about the buttons! We have a couple Anniversary ones & Allison has an old birthday button. She actually wore it for her birthday last week!

Old Navy tanks are the BEST!!!

Oh yeah! And I did get some. :thumbsup2

9 days!!!!

I am felling the Y'ALL!!! Going crazy thang!!! I have been packing all week and repacking. Can I pack anymore! Well, YES!!

We do tips at the end of the meal. They have to earn the good ones after all. ;)

We are almost on our way B!!

Finally single digits! :goodvibes

You are so funny about packing & repacking-I'm just waiting for this weekend to really get started.

Thanks for the tip tip!

I know!!! :dance3: I am so ready!

OH MY GOSH ARE YOU SERIOUSLY IN SINGLE DIGITS?!?!?!?! I would be going bonkers if I were you!! That's incredible!! All your food looks nice and I'm so excited for you going for the first time as DVC owners!! YAY!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Girl I am going bonkers! Like this: :cool1: :laundy: :yay::yay: :banana: :rotfl2: :hippie: :scared1: :laughing: :surfweb: :confused3 :lovestruc :cloud9: :headache: :upsidedow

Yay!

Not a stupid question! I mean as far as things we might need in the room. I've read a bit about the trash & towel service and I know they don't do housekeeping everyday...but that's about all I know!

That's funny about the buttons! We have a couple Anniversary ones & Allison has an old birthday button. She actually wore it for her birthday last week!

YAY for single digits! :dance3:

Yes, you are right about the trash and towel service and that they don't do housekeeping every day. They give you towels and toiletries on your 4th day I believe. OK, now I'm drawing a blank because I can't remember if they do full service too on that day. Wow I am a bad DVC member. Hope that sort of helps. :confused3

Some of the other perks about DVC rooms are the dishes, refrigerator, and hair dryer. :thumbsup2 We like the convenience of having the fridge so we can get milk and juice for breakfast (we are not huge on eating a big breakfast so we usually just get cereal).

The year was 2007. Max & I celebrated our 8th anniversary by going to Disney World! We left the kiddos with grandparents and drove off into the sunrise. We had enjoyed Caribbean Beach so much in 2006 that we went back in 2007.

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007177.jpg

We had a corner room in Jamaica!

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007187.jpg

We found R2-D2 in Downtown Disney:

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007182.jpg

We took some time on this trip to explore the Boardwalk area. Here are some of the things we saw:

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007194.jpg

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007217.jpg

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007231.jpg

We also had time during the week to hang out in a hammock on Caribbean Cay:

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007233.jpg

We goofed off on Tomorrowland Transit Authority: (missed riding that so much last year--can't wait until I'm on it again next week!)

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007246.jpg

And actually each got to steer our very own car on the Tomorrowland Speedway!

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007252.jpg

We took a self portrait in Animal Kingdom:

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007379.jpg

And rode Expedition Everest for the very first time! (And still only time, but hoping to remedy that next week!)

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007297.jpg

We also got in a round of mini-golf at WinterSummerland:

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007312.jpg

We took an early morning Segway tour of Epcot:

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007368.jpg

And Max had some fun at MGM Studios:

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007337.jpg

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007343.jpg

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007344.jpg

kidsDavisBridgetDisney2007365.jpg

YAY for single digits! :dance3:

Yes, you are right about the trash and towel service and that they don't do housekeeping every day. They give you towels and toiletries on your 4th day I believe. OK, now I'm drawing a blank because I can't remember if they do full service too on that day. Wow I am a bad DVC member. Hope that sort of helps. :confused3

Some of the other perks about DVC rooms are the dishes, refrigerator, and hair dryer. :thumbsup2 We like the convenience of having the fridge so we can get milk and juice for breakfast (we are not huge on eating a big breakfast so we usually just get cereal).

Thanks! It does help! I am excited about the fridge and have semi big plans for it! We aren't don't eat big breakfasts, either. Is the hair dryer better than the standard hotel room dryer?

I'll be with you in single digits tomorrow! It's getting so close!!!!

Yay for single digits! :dance3: :goodvibes

What fun pictures and memories! Haha, the TTA pic is a CLASSIC. :thumbsup2

I'm hoping we get a good room. I requested a preferred room do hope it is good. I want to check out some of the resorts this trip. I have a plan to buy DVC in the next 4 years :love:.

What fun pictures and memories! Haha, the TTA pic is a CLASSIC. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Thanks! The TTA is one of our favorites.

I'm hoping we get a good room. I requested a preferred room do hope it is good. I want to check out some of the resorts this trip. I have a plan to buy DVC in the next 4 years :love:.

Oh, I bet you'll get a good room. I just love the Island feel of that whole place! :love: Checking out other resorts is fun! :thumbsup2 We checked out the Grand Floridian last year.

8 days left until we are there!

We'll be on the road this time next week! :banana:

I'm still going crazy, it's getting so close! I am wanting to pack so badly that today I pathetically packed the kids' bathing suits. Yup, that's it. My new tanks tops are in the dryer, though, so they'll be packed up shortly! :lmao:

I've made it through my flashback series, too! This one, 2008, will be the last one, since my 2009 trip is in a TR already, the link is in my signature.

It was 2008. The kids were ready to go back, and we decided to try out Port Orleans Riverside:

disney2008-reunion-branson08252.jpg

disney2008-reunion-branson08108.jpg

disney2008-reunion-branson08121.jpg

disney2008-reunion-branson08102.jpg

disney2008-reunion-branson08091.jpg

That's me going down the slide! We walked over to the pool at French Quarter because I'd heard how awesome that dragon slide was. We stopped on the way back at the pool at Riverside. The kids liked it better, go figure! The slide at Riverside was cool because it kind of wound you around through the woods.

We played some mini golf (a must everywhere we go!) at Fantasia Gardens this year:

disney2008-reunion-branson08068.jpg

It was fun!

disney2008-reunion-branson08119.jpg

They are retrieving a ball in this picture!

disney2008-reunion-branson08254.jpg

Back at Riverside, Allison got her hair wrapped.

disney2008-reunion-branson08360.jpg

Mousekeeping stacked up the animals so cute!

I snapped a picture of my dream job:

disney2008-reunion-branson08421.jpg

We attended a Pirate & Princess Party!

disney2008-reunion-branson08561.jpg

disney2008-reunion-branson08563.jpg

disney2008-reunion-branson08669.jpg

disney2008-reunion-branson08620.jpg

disney2008-reunion-branson08594.jpg

These marked the "treasure spots"

disney2008-reunion-branson08616.jpg

Meeting Captain Jack.

Special parade:
disney2008-reunion-branson08580.jpg

disney2008-reunion-branson08585.jpg

disney2008-reunion-branson08589.jpg

All the loot the kids got:

disney2008-reunion-branson08633.jpg

disney2008-reunion-branson08634.jpg

...continued in next post...

In 2008, we also got to ride in the front of the Monorail!

disney2008-reunion-branson08522.jpg

And watch a shuttle launch from Epcot:

disney2008-reunion-branson08535.jpg

We stopped in Japan for some Kaki-Gori!

disney2008-reunion-branson08347.jpg

Swung by here:

disney2008-reunion-branson08334.jpg

And got upset when we lost this in the water:

disney2008-reunion-branson08310.jpg

disney2008-reunion-branson08312.jpg

Yes, he's 6. I know. :laughing:

We had our 1st meal at 'Ohana, and our 1st taste of the Polynesian. We fell in love. :love:

disney2008-reunion-branson08373.jpg

We also had our 1st meal at the 50's Primetime Cafe. I didn't care for it. Our server was not into her role at. all. So it was really no big deal. But I did like how the tables were set up in "kitchens" And looking at the dessert menu was cool:

disney2008-reunion-branson08282.jpg

Another 1st? Toy Story MidWay Mania!

disney2008-reunion-branson08261.jpg

We watched Lights, Motors, Action! and got to meet the stunt drivers after. Here is one signing the kids' autograph books:

disney2008-reunion-branson08267.jpg

Luke had fallen in my Grandma's yard before our trip, hit a cast iron flower pot, and ended up with stitches. Sometime during our trip came the day to take them out. I held him, Max did the taking out, and Allison was our photographer:

disney2008-reunion-branson08169.jpg

And that was 2008 in a nutshell!

I'm down to one week guys!

And so many of you will be there this weekend! :jumping1:

I am ready.

Now you have me really wanting to be there soon--seeing those pictures of POR. I miss it so much!

I hope you enjoy your trip--we'll be there before we know it!!!

Love the flashback B! I really liked the pics of you and Max at the Segway tour. I can't wait to check it out! Sorry I missed the single digits dance but I'm here now!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hope to see you next Friday! Have a safe trip down!!! :goodvibes

Hi B! Enjoying the Flashbacks to years past. I enjoy reviewing our past trips, it helps me remember what I would like to do again and what I have not done yet.

5 Days!!!!​

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:yay::yay::yay:
:banana::banana:
:dance3:

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter