• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Member Services Breaking 11 Month Rule!

I'll be sure to mention that multiple people had the same thing happen for those same 5 rooms. Even though it's beyond the time I needed to have them call back (I ended up dropping the reservation last night) I would like some real answers from someone (even if I don't like the answers lol).
I plan to do the same. I also have my own screenshots of the same issue at BLT as posted above, and then there was the same weirdness for those dates with VGF that oddly resolved themselves for whatever reason and released the rooms.

I’m sorry you lost your room. I did as well, though I shouldn’t complain seeing as we stay at AKL CL for four weeks out of the year, lol. However, that also means I have a really good sense of the booking patterns there and know when something is up.

Thanks. Same info exists in RIV. Of course, it gives them the authority to amend as well.

So, that may be a good question. Can that be changed in terms of DVD owned points?
That would be a fun change for them to try to make. It would take an amendment to the Membership Agreement for every resort and they would basically be telling everybody that DVD no longer have to play by the same rules with their points as everyone else even though they are an owner like anyone else.

That would be a fun change for them to try to make. It would take an amendment to the Membership Agreement for every resort and they would basically be telling everybody that DVD no longer have to play by the same rules with their points as everyone else even though they are an owner like anyone else.

If assume one amendment would cover them all. Just wondering if they did amend anything, what is the level of notice has to be given? Or, can they just change, update, file it, and be done?

I saw weird things happening at BLT as well. Lake View Studio was available from Sept 28th 2021, but then oddly had October 1st as unavailable. What?

This is what is looks like. Only on the 27th, across multiple resorts. To me, this is odd.

View attachment 535047

Yeah, that looks normal for a popular 11 month time. When it's actually the start of the 11 month window or within the window then if the day is booked it's a white out like that. It's only if the day technically is outside of the 11 month window, although bookable with the +7, that it would be grayed out if it were booked and the mysterious white out when there seems to be some other issue.

I saw weird things happening at BLT as well. Lake View Studio was available from Sept 28th 2021, but then oddly had October 1st as unavailable. What?

I've always wondered about the larger room categories and have posted before how it's noticed in the smallest but guessed that it could be happening within larger categories except they were large enough to accommodate booking requests so it was rarely if ever noticed.

DVC has actually had issues with inventory loading a few times but more and more this is smelling like something coming from within DVC reservations. Just speculating here but perhaps CM's are able to do this and just messing around, or are booking their own rooms. They do represent DVC or at least are owners like the rest of us and should not be doing this. What I can't do is I wrap my head around a thought that DVC management would be bothering with it and should know that they are not supposed to.

I've always wondered about the larger room categories and have posted before how it's noticed in the smallest but guessed that it could be happening within larger categories except they were large enough to accommodate booking requests so it was rarely if ever noticed.

DVC has actually had issues with inventory loading a few times but more and more this is smelling like something coming from within DVC reservations. Just speculating here but perhaps CM's are able to do this and just messing around, or are booking their own rooms. They do represent DVC or at least are owners like the rest of us and should not be doing this. What I can't do is I wrap my head around a thought that DVC management would be bothering with it and should know that they are not supposed to.
It would have to be somewhere above the frontline CM's because I don't think they can override the booking system to book outside of the normal parameters. At the very least I believe it would have to be at the supervisor level (though I don't know for a fact what sort of abilities they even have for booking).

It would have to be somewhere above the frontline CM's because I don't think they can override the booking system to book outside of the normal parameters. At the very least I believe it would have to be at the supervisor level (though I don't know for a fact what sort of abilities they even have for booking).

I keep remembering back to a poster that insisted over and over they had concrete knowledge that CM's could book outside the 11 month window and were. I found it difficult to believe but it's easier for me to believe than DVC higher ups involving themselves. It was many years ago but I think online booking was in existence then.

Well shady stuff is definitely going on with the booking.

I currently have BLT 1 bedroom standard view booked for Sept 22 - Sept 30 and tried to change it today (Oct 28) and Sept 30 and Oct 01 are both showing up as not available.

Well shady stuff is definitely going on with the booking.

I currently have BLT 1 bedroom standard view booked for Sept 22 - Sept 30 and tried to change it today (Oct 28) and Sept 30 and Oct 01 are both showing up as not available.
Take a screen shot of the calendar and send an email to Terri Schultz and DVC member services. I got a general response back from Terri Schultz but hopefully the more people who complain, the better. It’s going to be too late for any of us trying to book tomorrow thought :(

I’m attaching the email that I sent and the response.

Attachments

• 4A120706-FA24-4BEC-AD6C-29C99314C0E9.png
    4A120706-FA24-4BEC-AD6C-29C99314C0E9.png
    198.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 50196B63-1791-4479-8CBD-C546BC02D688.jpeg
    50196B63-1791-4479-8CBD-C546BC02D688.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 38
I sent an email to Terri earlier today. Hopefully anyone who gets blocked will send something in.

Now that it's the 28th most of the blocked rooms don't show up with the holes on the calendars so it would take people showing their attempt to modify in order to prove being blocked beyond the 11 month mark.

Wasted 40 minutes online in chat with someone that said they understood walking but then said basically what is available is what is available and that other members have booked the room. Have a request in to be called back by a supervisor.

Will also send an email with screenshots.

That is exactly the response I got last year. Maybe this year they went too far and will get called on it...

Take a screen shot of the calendar and send an email to Terri Schultz and DVC member services. I got a general response back from Terri Schultz but hopefully the more people who complain, the better. It’s going to be too late for any of us trying to book tomorrow thought :(

I’m attaching the email that I sent and the response.

Do you have the actual email address handy ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter