MickeyAnne's Wedding Report & Honeymoon TR (Updated 9/25 - End of DLR portion)

Hi Tonianne!

I remembered seeing your screenname on the DCL boards so I thought I'd read your wedding report!

Congratulations to you both! You looked so beautiful and happy! I can't wait to read your honeymoon report. You should be on your way to CA now! :goodvibes

Jennifer

Well, I am back and we had an amazing time!!!!!

Its such a bummer to be back. Really, it is! I am going to have to fight off being completely depressed. I will start my TR after I unpack a bit and upload pics!

Yeah! So glad you're back...even though I know you're not happy to be back! I can't wait to hear about your trip! I'm glad to hear you had an awesome time!

Can't wait to hear all about it. Glad you had a good time!

Hi Tonianne! Glad to hear you had a great time on your Honeymoon...can't wait to read your trip report!

BTW- I looked at the Tides this weekend for my reception and I LOVED it!!! It is now at the top of my list!!!

Where are you? We are impatiently waiting for you to begin!

WoW!!!! Great pics. I love your dress and the BM dresses. My MOH will be 8 months pregnant and we ended up getting her a different dress because nothing else would work!! Yours turned out great!! Can't wait for the honeymoon TR!!!

Thanks everyone!
I am just getting my over 1000 pics uploaded now!!! :scared1:
I am a picture junky (as I have previously confessed) and just snapped away all trip. I have lots to share!!!!
I promise my first installment will be tomorrow!!!!

Tomorrow night I get my proofs as well!!!! :banana: :banana: I am so excited to see the wedding pics!!!!

Until tomorrow!

As promised!!! I have my pics uploaded and I am ready to start my TR. It was an amazing trip! I look very forward to reliving it as I write this!

So we will start two days before the trip - during packing. I took a few days to pack so that I didn't rush at the last minute. This was my "packing room".
Honeymoon-BigCamera006.jpg

On the Tuesday before we left, I was upstair and just about finished as I went to put a belt into my suitcase. Before I got there though - BOOM! :scared1: I stepped right into an open air conditioning grate in the floor. I fell and my leg, up to my knee was in the hole. Not good. It hurt! I started to cry thinking that I was going to pull my leg up and see blood and gore. Mike came running in and helped me out and, thankfully, it was just a 3.5 inch scrape accompanied by a bump and bruise! I am relieve but now I am bummed because this monstrocity is going to be in all my honeymoon pictures :mad: !!! Well, Mike headed downstairs at this point and finds this;
Honeymoon-BigCamera001.jpg

I stepped THROUGH my TV room cieling! I had assumed I just stepped into the vent work - I was wrong apparently. Now Mike is worried - we are "renting" his mom's house from her and he doesn't want her to be upset with us. I called my dad - still crying - and he said it was a simple fix. Dad to the rescue, he was there the next day to patch my ceiling - he is such an awesome man. Unfortunately, he couldn't fix my lovely bruise (I know it could have been way worse and I really am thankful this is all that happened to me.
Honeymoon-BigCamera004.jpg

So Wednesday flew by and then it was time to leave. Mike's older brother picked us up at 6:00 AM and brought us to Newark airport. The line at check in was oddly long for a Thursday morning
Honeymoon1-DLR006.jpg

This is how Mike felt about the line
Honeymoon1-DLR005.jpg

The wait wasn't long though and the nice baggage check man didn't charge us for the 1.5 lb overage on my bag! :woohoo: Before long we were in the air to LAX.
Honeymoon1-DLR008.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR009.jpg

We watched "Definitely, Maybe" starring Ryan Reynolds (yummy :love: ) and they served a light breakfast and I was thinking the flight hadn't been too bad and that we should be almost there at this point! Wrong!!! We had three more hours!!!!
Honeymoon1-DLR011.jpg

I am an antsy person and this flight was killer for me. So I slept the rest of the way (thankfully). When we got to LAX - I was shocked at how, how should I say this - UGLY it was. I guess I was expecting the prettieness of Orlando. Oh well. We got our bags and searched for the bus stop to get to Disneyland. It was gorgeous weather and the palm tree were gorgeous but I was tired and wanting to get on a bus so I didn't take pics. After about 30 minutes (very different then WDW) we were finally on a bus.
Honeymoon1-DLR012.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR014.jpg

We didn't see anything exciting on the bus ride but now we were both excited to get to DLR. In about 45 minutes we arrived at the Disney Land Hotel.
Honeymoon1-DLR016.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR017.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR018.jpg

My first impression was that it was very pretty. Its just your average hotel though - no grouds like the WDW resorts because they don't have the space out there. But it really was a nice hotel. I headed to check in where the not to happy CM tried to tell me that I owed money on my trip. I didn't so she told me that I should call Disney Cruise Line (I booked through them) and figure it out. I politley told her that I would not be calling and that it was not my issue, it was there's (she said the same issue kept occuring with DCL people). In a few minutes, she came back and said the issue was cleared and I was all payed up. Thank you, I knew this. Anywho, our room was not ready yet so Mike and I checked our luggage with the bellhop and took a 2 minute walk into Downtown Disney (for anyone who has never been to DLR - the hotels are all in walking distance to the parks and Downtown Disney - no busses necessary) to have lunch at ESPN zone. Mike was totally pumped about this - he is a sports nut!
Honeymoon1-DLR022.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR021.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR020.jpg

After lunch, we shopped a bit and then went back to the hotel - I took this pic while still in DTD just to give you a sense of how close it was.
Honeymoon1-DLR026.jpg

We saw Goofy on the way! Just hanging out at the hotel - that was something I had never seen at a hotel before so it was cool.
Honeymoon1-DLR028.jpg

We got our room keys and headed up there. It was really pretty. The headboards and TV stand had painting of Disneyland on them that didn't photograph well. The boarder was Tink followed by a trail of pixie dust that glowed at night! It was very nice.
Honeymoon1-DLR030.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR031.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR032.jpg

Once we were in, we called for our luggage that came quickly and then it was nap time. We were 3 hours ahead of Cali time so we needed to try to normalize.

Next up - off to California Adventure.

****I will probably make alot of comparisons betweer DLR and WDW in this part of the report just because its natural for me to compare the two. I did love DLR though and when I am finished with this part of the TR, I will give you my full thoughts on it.

Yahoo! Your first installment! How exciting!:banana:
It's really weird seeing the differences between DLR and WDW.
Your room looks beautiful. Love the wallpaper and the Mickey glove lights above the sink...too cute!
Thanks for getting it started...can't wait to read more!

I'm so glad you started your honeymoon TR! Your room looks beautiful!

I have really been looking forward to this part of your TR. DH and DS and I were in Disneyland for the first time in September 2006 and I couldn't help comparing constantly between it and WDW. I hope it was a wonderful experience for you! Can't wait to hear more!

Yay! so exciting. Isn't LAX the pits though? I've only been there once. I've now been to DLR twice and I love it. I hope you guys got to see the Aladdin show in DCA. I've missed it both times. :(

oh wow your room is so pretty!! I would love to go to DLR!

Yahoo! Your first installment! How exciting!:banana:
It's really weird seeing the differences between DLR and WDW.
Your room looks beautiful. Love the wallpaper and the Mickey glove lights above the sink...too cute!
Thanks for getting it started...can't wait to read more!
It really was odd. I tried not to keep saying "at WDW..." but I couldn't help but compare.

I'm so glad you started your honeymoon TR! Your room looks beautiful!
It was quite nice - I thought it was a pretty standard Disney room.

I have really been looking forward to this part of your TR. DH and DS and I were in Disneyland for the first time in September 2006 and I couldn't help comparing constantly between it and WDW. I hope it was a wonderful experience for you! Can't wait to hear more!
I was a great experience - we both had a wonderful time.

Yay! so exciting. Isn't LAX the pits though? I've only been there once. I've now been to DLR twice and I love it. I hope you guys got to see the Aladdin show in DCA. I've missed it both times. :(
LAX was just so busy and not visually pleasing at all!!! Not to mention, in Orlando, Disney has its own area - not here. We had to search for an elusive sign, stand under it and wait for a big Disney bus to finally arrive. No Mickey hands showing us the way. DLR is just not as big of a draw as WDW I guess but it wasn't a big deal - just different is all.

oh wow your room is so pretty!! I would love to go to DLR!
I suggest you do someday!!! :goodvibes

I, too, loved those lamps and the Disney touches in the room! Thanks for starting so soon :thumbsup2
I was obsessed with the lamps!!! DH thought I was crazy but I wondered if they might be available for purchase somewhere!

Excited to read more of your trippie!:goodvibes
Here it comes.....:wizard:

We've also used John Wayne (Orange County). It is a much nicer airport. We've never used the Disney transportation out there. In February we were in San Diego for a conference and rented a car. A few years ago, we were in Anaheim for a conference, but just used the shuttles. They were much quicker. SNA is only about 20 minutes from the resort area.

We woke up from our nap at about 5:00PM and thought it would be best to utilize the rest of the day. So we decided to head to California Adventure for the night. Its very pretty as you walk in (and litterally right across the way from Disneyland Park - about 100 yards across - it felt so odd). Here is the sign outside and a pic of the "Golden Gate Bridge" and Sundial as you walk in. They were both very pretty (and I liked the "welcome" sign so I snapped a pic of that as well).
Honeymoon1-DLR034.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR036.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR037.jpg

Our first stop in DLR (after we consulted a map - which was alo wierd for me because I can close my eyes and find my way around WDW) was the Hollywood Studios section. We walked right into Muppets 3D and we were both a bit bummed that it was EXACTLY the same as it is in WDW. We both hoped it would be a bit different but its still a cute show so whatever.
Honeymoon1-DLR043.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR044.jpg

]

Then we went over to ride the Monster's Inc. ride which was really cute.
Honeymoon1-DLR048.jpg

After Monster's we headed in to do Turtle Talk With Crush - I love this attraction - it never gets old. Then we did Animation Academy where we learned to draw Minnie. This was one of my favorite attractions of the trip. I love to draw and would love to do this in WDW.
Honeymoon1-DLR058.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR057.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR056.jpg

As we were leaving, this was srawled on the wall :love:
Honeymoon1-DLR059.jpg

I swung by to take some pics of TOT (we don't go on that one :scared1: ) just so you all can see what it looks like. It is shorter and wider but very cool looking.
Honeymoon1-DLR052.jpg

After Hollywood Studios, we headed back to Paradise Pier. It is so pretty. I took lots of pictures of it.
Honeymoon1-DLR062.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR063.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR066.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR067.jpg

We just walked around because it was getting late and the crowds were building for the Electric Light Parade. We got corn dogs (which were burnt) and took a seat for the parade. We were exhausted at this point. We chilled and watched the parade. I don't remember what ELP was like at WDW but this one was good - here are some pics.
Honeymoon1-DLR070.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR071.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR075.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR076.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR079.jpg

After the parade, we were beat! We made our way through California Adventure, back through Downtown Disney (which was full of people who were watching DL's fireworks - I didn't look because I wanted to be surprised when we watched the following night) and back to the hotel. It was a long, but good day. We barely made it to the bed before crashing!

Next up, Disneyland Park!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter