MickeyAnne's Wedding Report & Honeymoon TR (Updated 9/25 - End of DLR portion)

Yeaaa! Another great installment!
Animation Academy looks very cool, but very different from the one in WDW...loved the decorations there!
Too neat that the "And they lived happily ever after" was there! Very fitting for the trip!
The pics of Paradise Pier are beautiful!!!

We've also used John Wayne (Orange County). It is a much nicer airport. We've never used the Disney transportation out there. In February we were in San Diego for a conference and rented a car. A few years ago, we were in Anaheim for a conference, but just used the shuttles. They were much quicker. SNA is only about 20 minutes from the resort area.
Thanks for the tips - we definitely plan to head back to Cali again so they will come in handy!

:yay: Great installment! Gotta put DLR on the to do list!!!:thumbsup2
I really do suggest it!:)

Yeaaa! Another great installment!
Animation Academy looks very cool, but very different from the one in WDW...loved the decorations there!
Too neat that the "And they lived happily ever after" was there! Very fitting for the trip!
The pics of Paradise Pier are beautiful!!!
Anamation Academy really was cool! They did step by step drawing instructions and everyone had a board, paper and pencil. No eraser because mistake isn't a word in Disney vocab apparently!

On to day 2!

We woke up fairly early seeing as our internal clocks were all confused. We got ready and were out of our room by about 8:45. We headed in to DTD and made our way to La Brea bakery right infront of the park entrances. I NEEDED coffee or I feared for Mike's life. LaBrea served starbucks so it was nice and strong (I wish I could not be addicted to caffine but now was not the time to go cold turkey). We sat outside and had our breakfast - Mike had a plain bagle and I had a cinnamon muffin with my coffee - they were both yummy.
Honeymoon-BigCamera058.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR087.jpg

After breakfast we headed over to the Grand Californian Resort to check in to our cruise (so that we wouldn't have to do it at the port). Its gorgeous inside! Think more Wilderness Lodge then Grand Floridian though. It is reminiscent of the Napa Valley etc. and its beautiful!
Honeymoon1-DLR088.jpg

After Checking in - a snap - we headed back to the hotel to put our passports back in the safe because we didn't want to carry those around all day. We just dropped them in the room and we were right back out. We saw this on our way! What a pretty display it was!
Honeymoon1-DLR089.jpg

Back through Downtown Disney (and passed the caramel popcorn that smelled heavenly), we made our way through the baggage check and towards Disneyland Park. Through the gates and this is what the front looks like.
Honeymoon-BigCamera009.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera012.jpg

Not too much different from WDW - just a bit smaller. I liked that the Mickey lit up with pixie dust! Then it was time - the moment of truth. I had really been looking forward to seeing the castle at DLP. Cindy's castle is always something that brings tears to my eyes. When I see it I tear up - no matter what. I had always head that Sleeping Beauty's was so different but I was trying to form my own opionion. So would that happen at DLP?????? Not exactly! We Went under the train tracks and onto Main Street which was really pretty and then I walked straight to the middle to see it and....I laughed. More of a chuckle really but I laughed. It is very small - its very pretty - but very small. Cindy's castle is a huge focal point at the end of Main St. but Sleeping Beauty's sort of blended in. As you get close to it though, it really is a pretty castle - just tiny
Honeymoon-BigCamera016.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera019.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera021.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera039.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera042.jpg

Then it was time to consult the map again - we decided to head left and into Adventure Land. Our first stop was Jungle Cruise with a 5 minute wait! Nice! It was different in then WDW in some ways so that was nice.
Honeymoon1-DLR101.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR107.jpg

After Jungle cruise, we grabbed some fast passes for Indiana Jones and head over to Pirate of the Carribeanin New Orleans Square. We both enjoyed this! It was a much longer experience then in WDW and it was very cool.
Honeymoon1-DLR109.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR114.jpg

After Pirates we took a walk to see the line for Splash Mountain - it was long and we couldn't get a fastpass for a few more minutes so we decided to get some lunch. For some reason we were so hungry - I ate my food too fast to take a pic or remember what it was! After lunch we were able to get a fast pass for Splash and then we head straight to Indiana Jones because our time was up for that. We got to the ride and had to endure a woman trying to convince a CM to let her child ride although she was too short - he let her go because the crowd started to heckle him but when she got to the end of the line, the final CM turned her away (the first cm warned her this would happen). Rules are rules people! Anywho - this ride was very cool! Like Dinosaur sorta. We both loved it but it jerked you around quite a bit! And the que was cool!

When we got off, Mike went in my bag for his sunglasses that he stowed during the ride and this is what he came up with - hahaha!
Honeymoon1-DLR137.jpg

I popped the lense back in for hime and we were on our way! We got on line for Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square- 25 minute wait. The house was really pretty! It didn't look haunted to me!!! The ride was almost identical though - but I liked it that way!
Honeymoon1-DLR121.jpg

After HM we made our way to Critter Country and to the Winnie the Pooh rideto kill some time before our Splash fastpass time. It was cute!

After the ride we got right on to Splash! It was much different and very cool! I love this ride on both coasts!!!
Honeymoon1-DLR162.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR164.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR166.jpg

From there we went on Big Thunder mountain - 10 minute wait. Fun times! We both love this ride - again, on both coasts!
Honeymoon1-DLR171.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR174.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR175.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR177.jpg

At this point I was getting tired and the parade was nearing so we made our way to Fantasy World to go on Small World - it was closed! Oh Well! We got some popcorn and found a spot for the parade.
Honeymoon1-DLR183.jpg

Next up day 2 part 2! Blue Bayou - yum!

Awesome update!!! I was in DL in April and Small World was closed then too. I loved Pirates at DL too. Can't wait for more

I absolutely LOVE your trippie.
Your wedding looked amazing, you both looked beautiful.
Looking forward to reading more. Oh yeah, and I have that same Happily Ever Shirt, I cannot wait to wear it on our honeymoon! :goodvibes

Great trip report - the castle really is pretty though I can see how it would seem so small to those of us raised on Cinderella's castle :goodvibes

Great update! I'm so jealious that you got to the electrical parade! I remember when they brought in to Disney world a long time ago... I noticed that you said that you checked in for the cruise at the hotel. How does that work? I didn't know you could do that! Can't wait to hear more!!!

Awesome TR so far!! I've only been to DLR once - I was lucky enough to have a convention for work immediately next door, so I spent half a day in DL - and I felt exactly the same way about the castle. I really want to get out there with DH so we can explore the parks!! All I did was HM, Space Mtn and the Matterhorn...

OHHH great pictures!!!!! You two are so cute :)

I'm disappointed to hear that your corndogs were burnt...I love DL corndogs and have been craving one for some time! lol

LAX is a pit. I hate it. Next time fly into ontario or john wayne, I think you'll enjoy it more!

I hadn't been to Disneyland since I was 5 and when I went back at 22, I felt the same way about the castle. After seeing the one at WDW it is kind of a letdown.

A funny note about Splash there, we were at Disneyland in December and it was kind of chilly. The cast member warned us that we would get soaked, we thought heck we've ridden the one in Florida and you don't get that wet. :laughing: The water came up over the sides and our pants were completely soaked. We had a tour scheduled - Walk in Walt's Footsteps- afterwards and we were freezing!

Can't wait to hear about Blue Bayou, did you have the monte cristo?

Awesome update!!! I was in DL in April and Small World was closed then too. I loved Pirates at DL too. Can't wait for more
You know, I am really not a fan of Small World - I just thought it was a must ride, you know? Myabe next time (there will be a next time).

I absolutely LOVE your trippie.
Your wedding looked amazing, you both looked beautiful.
Looking forward to reading more. Oh yeah, and I have that same Happily Ever Shirt, I cannot wait to wear it on our honeymoon! :goodvibes
I love that shirt - and we got noticed for it so go for it!

Great trip report - the castle really is pretty though I can see how it would seem so small to those of us raised on Cinderella's castle :goodvibes
Thanks! I imagine that if Sleeping Beauty's castle was the first one I ever saw, I would think of it the same way I do Cindy's, but as you said, I have been raised on WDW so...

Great update! I'm so jealious that you got to the electrical parade! I remember when they brought in to Disney world a long time ago... I noticed that you said that you checked in for the cruise at the hotel. How does that work? I didn't know you could do that! Can't wait to hear more!!!
They had Disney Cruise representatives in the lobby of Grand Californian. We brought our documents and passports to them and they checked us all in. When we boarded the bus (2 days later) we were given our key to the world cards (room key with charging privileges etc) and when we got to the port, we walked through security and right on to the ship! Disney does this in WDW as well.

Awesome TR so far!! I've only been to DLR once - I was lucky enough to have a convention for work immediately next door, so I spent half a day in DL - and I felt exactly the same way about the castle. I really want to get out there with DH so we can explore the parks!! All I did was HM, Space Mtn and the Matterhorn...
It was a really nice experience. Its not necessary to stay long like in WDW but we enjoyed that aspect

OHHH great pictures!!!!! You two are so cute :)
I am a picture junkie! I took more then 1200 in 10 days of my honeymoon!

I'm disappointed to hear that your corndogs were burnt...I love DL corndogs and have been craving one for some time! lol

LAX is a pit. I hate it. Next time fly into ontario or john wayne, I think you'll enjoy it more!
Haha! I will have to go back and try again - the corn dogs and the airport that is!

I hadn't been to Disneyland since I was 5 and when I went back at 22, I felt the same way about the castle. After seeing the one at WDW it is kind of a letdown.

A funny note about Splash there, we were at Disneyland in December and it was kind of chilly. The cast member warned us that we would get soaked, we thought heck we've ridden the one in Florida and you don't get that wet. :laughing: The water came up over the sides and our pants were completely soaked. We had a tour scheduled - Walk in Walt's Footsteps- afterwards and we were freezing!

Can't wait to hear about Blue Bayou, did you have the monte cristo?
We got soaked on splash as well! Much more so then in WDW. It was a nice warm day so that was fine but I was shocked at how wet we were.

So we sat down in a shady spot and were enjoying our popcorn for about 1/2 hour before the parade. Does anyone else obbsess over Disney popcorn like I do??? I seriously love it! Anywho, the music starts and up I stood to take pics. Mike is not into the whole parade thing so he just sat and devoured the rest of our popcorn.

I really liked this parade - shockingly - more then the parade at WDW. It was so bright and vibrant. The music was from each movie and there were acrobatics and crazieness on each float. No mickey vs. villains (which seems to be a running theme in WDW), just Disney magic. Really good. No Mary Poppins though (anywhere in DLR that we saw), so that was a let down, I like her. Here are only a few of the pics I took.
Honeymoon1-DLR184.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR187.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR191.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR195.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR204.jpg

After the parade we made our way to Tomorrow Land. We decided to go straight to Buzz for fastpasses but didn't need them seeing as the wait was only 10 minutes. We rode Buzz - I won despite Mike's greatest efforts...
Honeymoon1-DLR210.jpg

The line for Space was long and the fastpass return time was late so we skipped that. I HATE Star Tours (makes me sick) so we skipped that and nothing else in tomorrow land really interested us so we were done with that section of the park. We headed back towards Fantasy land to check the lines for Nemo and the Matterhorn - both were insane and neither had fastpass options so we decided to hold off on them. It was off to Toontown. Its so cute in this area - much bigger then in WDW. We headed right into the "5 and dime" store so that I could design myself a hat. I picked a black cap with pink ears and a rhinestone Mickey head. I wanted Mike to get a black cap with lime green ears and Mike Wizowski on the front. No go. The cashier asked Mike where his hat was and I explained that every party has a pooper! He didn't want a hat - boo! Oh well. We kept talking to the cashier who asked where we were from and what brought us to DL and voila - pins!!!!! I didn't think DL had the just married pins! I was wrong! And now we had them!!! Yay!!!! Here are some pics of Toontown, my new hat and Mike in the pin!!!
Honeymoon1-DLR213.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR215.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR217.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR220.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR224.jpg

After that we went to visit Mickey's house - so cute but the line to meet him was 90 minutes so that was a no go - our dinner time was looming. Here we are in the head honcho's house though...
Honeymoon1-DLR230.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR231.jpg

After Toontown we had some time to kill before dinner. We went into Fantasy land and rode the Storybook Canal. It was really adorable. They had mini replica's of the towns from all the classic movies.

When we got off, it was time to head over to Blue Bayou. We got a seat right next to the water where we could watch the boats from the Pirates of the Carribean ride pass by (the restaraunt is IN the ride). I was very excited to get such good seats. We both got wedge salads to start which were yummy. I had the jambalaya (burnt my face off but it was good) and Mike had a steak of some sort (that was very good). We didn't get to even look at the dessert menu because they gave us a free chocolate mousse thing for our honeymoon. That was nice but I wanted to try the Monte Cristo so boo! Oh well. It was a nice dinner and we enjoyed the food. The only thing that was sort of annoying was the people yelling "can I have some chicken" and things like that from the Pirates ride. No big deal but um, don't people realize that you shouldn't yell and disturb people while they eat?
Honeymoon1-DLR249.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR251.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR252.jpg

Honeymoon1-DLR253.jpg

After dinner it was back to Fantasy Land. I stopped to take some shots of the castle - well alot of shots. Here is a pic of me taking pics and then some that I took.
Honeymoon1-DLR246.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera036.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera045.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera047-1.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera049.jpg

Honeymoon-BigCamera052-1.jpg

Pictures taken, we had time for one more ride before the fireworks. That one ride - Peter Pan's flight. I will NEVER skip this ride in WDW or DLR. It is my number one favorite ride. The line was 25 minutes - no big deal.

After Peter Pan we made our way to Main Street to find a spot for the fireworks. It was soooooooo crowed. It was almost like the crowd from both parks was all on Main Street. I have never seen it that crowed at WDW which is saying something because I have been there during the PEEK of peek season.
Honeymoon1-DLR264.jpg

That picture DOES NOT do the crowd any justice - it was insane. We managed to find a good spot though and planted ourselves there for about an hour before the show started. I took some video but haven't uploaded it yet. I will though. I said to Mike before it started - "if it manages to make me cry like Wishes does, I will be shocked." Well, the music started and it was just like Wishes - good start. But then, something crazy happened - I turned around and said "these are way BETTER then WDW!" They really were amazing! The music represented all the classic rides from around the park and Tinker Bell flew for a few minutes around the castle. Its hard to explain but - just wow! It was a great show. I tried to find the music to it from that point on but no luck. I want to go back to DLR just to see them again - thats the honest truth.

I picked up my jaw after the fireworks and we attempted to go to watch Fantasmic but the crowd - once again, was insane. So we decided to push Fantasmic off until the next night and went to check out the Matterhorn and Nemo - the lines were longer then ever. We were tired and didn't feel like waiting at that point so we resided to riding Dumbo. Good times. Notice the thrill on Mike's face as we flew in circles.
Honeymoon1-DLR270.jpg

After the flying elephant, we were pooped - for real! It was back through Downtown Disney and to our hotel. It was another good day DLR.

Next up - California Adventure, the BEST parade I have ever seen and Cafe Orleans...

Mary Poppins is there on occasion. I saw her right next to the ice cream shop in February.

i have just caught up with your tr and i wanna say i just love all of your details so far and i cant wait to read more
loved your dress aswell as your bridesmaids and your f/g are a couple of cuties
Keep on uploading your pics i love them !

Great update, I love all the shots of the parade and castle. Sorry you missed out on the monte cristo.

:cool1: For getting the "Just Married" pins. I love the hat you made too.

I'm amazed how busy Disneyland can get, out of curiosity was this a weekend? I know locals coming in make things even worse.

Awesome update!:thumbsup2 I tell ya, you and Mike are just the cutest couple ever!:lovestruc I love the Mickey ears that you made...very cute. Is there anywhere in WDW to do that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter