Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

This seems to be the thread for fans of MHP new & old, so I am bringing my question here.
This is our first trip to Disneyland and we are doing a party, I am so excited I Halloween! But turning my attention to other items on my trip planning checklist, yes I am one of those people. Based on the schedules posted on WDWInfo for October 2017, it appears that Fantasmic did not run on non-party weeknights in October. Is that true? We are only there Tue thru Fri, I will be beyond disappointed if I do not get to see Murphy! Anyone have any knowledge on the topic?

This seems to be the thread for fans of MHP new & old, so I am bringing my question here.
This is our first trip to Disneyland and we are doing a party, I am so excited I Halloween! But turning my attention to other items on my trip planning checklist, yes I am one of those people. Based on the schedules posted on WDWInfo for October 2017, it appears that Fantasmic did not run on non-party weeknights in October. Is that true? We are only there Tue thru Fri, I will be beyond disappointed if I do not get to see Murphy! Anyone have any knowledge on the topic?
That sounds about right. It only runs on weeknights typically during the December holiday time frame, spring break season, and what is considered summer time for Disney.

Is anyone planning on wearing costumes? If so, what?

Yes! I'm booked for Friday 19th and I'm planning to go as Joy from Inside Out. Going to grab some cute photos in Pixar Pier pre party and just be mega excited the entire night.
Figured Joy would be versatile enough to be light and breezy for day time but could maybe add a yellow cardigan for a cooler evening.

My apologies if this has already been covered in a previous post, but does Fantasmic run during the Halloween party event? We'll be there on October 12. Thanks.

What do you it’s think the chance of getting MP/FP’s are for Incredicoaster, Guardians, etc if we were to book them once we can enter DCA at 3pm? Do you think these will be all gone?

What do you it’s think the chance of getting MP/FP’s are for Incredicoaster, Guardians, etc if we were to book them once we can enter DCA at 3pm? Do you think these will be all gone?

I believe they are doing the Guardians overlay again. Last year those fastpasses only became available at 3 PM, so I would think you could get one for that. Screamin' passes were often available into the afternoon still in general, but the popularity of the new overlay may change that pattern. I assume they kept single rider though, so that may be an option for Incredicoaster.

I believe they are doing the Guardians overlay again. Last year those fastpasses only became available at 3 PM, so I would think you could get one for that. Screamin' passes were often available into the afternoon still in general, but the popularity of the new overlay may change that pattern. I assume they kept single rider though, so that may be an option for Incredicoaster.
Single rider is an option. With the MAD FPs they became available at 3 for a 5 or 5:30 starting return time.

I know that max pass has improved since last year but I just wanted to say that last year we purchased max pass and got in line to get a FP for MAD just to ensure we got a FP and max pass got bogged down when the window opened up. Some people around us were able to get a FP via max pass and others weren't. We were one of the ones that weren't so lucky so we were lucky to be waiting in line to get a FP for it. The line for FP went back through bugsland and was in this area where it weaved around behing a closed gate. It was a crazy amount of people waiting in line hoping to get a FP. A good amount of people didn't even get a FP at all even after waiting in the line for over an hour. It's a good thing your on here and can read the best strategy for this year as that's what we did and were able to secure a FP. So just make sure to read up on it once halloween time starts.

Will PTN run at CA on party nights? If so, best guesses on times? DL will have Fireworks and parade x 2,so just wondering what DCA will have for night entertainment :)

Will PTN run at CA on party nights?..

While it is hoped that PTN will stick around after Labor Day (especially with WOC down until late in the year), so far there has been no official word from Disney that the parade will stay on the schedule after September 3rd.

Any chance they will add more nights of Fantasmic if WOC is still down in September and October? We won't be there on the weekend and would love to see at least one of the two shows.

My dad and I are considering a one day trip for a Halloween Party while I'm back in the States in October, but I'm worried that as the day we're looking at is also going to be during the AZ fall break, the parks will be packed. It would be the 9 October party that we do...I'm just weighing up the cost versus how potentially miserable we would be from crowds. And I can't decide! I'd like to go into DCA first and do some of the rides there, but I assume everyone else will probably do the same thing?

My dad and I are considering a one day trip for a Halloween Party while I'm back in the States in October, but I'm worried that as the day we're looking at is also going to be during the AZ fall break, the parks will be packed. It would be the 9 October party that we do...I'm just weighing up the cost versus how potentially miserable we would be from crowds. And I can't decide! I'd like to go into DCA first and do some of the rides there, but I assume everyone else will probably do the same thing?
If you are just going for a Halloween Party, don't let crowds be the determining factor. They only sell a limited number of tickets for the party.

If you are just going for a Halloween Party, don't let crowds be the determining factor. They only sell a limited number of tickets for the party.

Thanks, I don't know why I keep overlooking that! :) In terms of getting some rides ticked off in DCA during the pre-party entry period, my dad does get DAS, which helps..

The first part of October has been busy the past several years.
With Gay Days and Columbus Day tying into the same weekend it will be busy.
But don't let that stop you. Have a plan and your time in the parks will be just fine.
upload_2018-7-1_15-36-28.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter