mickeysdsnyprncs journal

mickeysdsnyprncs

Rubbin' is racing! Go #24!!!
I am busy busy, I am 20 yrs old, living on my own, going to school and working full-time in a retail job for now. Ahhh! So I am not really trying to lose weight, just trying to eat healthy, and ultimately be healthy. I don't have time to go to the gym so I choose other modes of exercise, like taking the stairs instead of the elevator, or walking to my friends who lives 2 1/2 blks from my house. And I have to walk from the train to school so there is some too.

But I think I need encouragement. I will be excited about it one day and the next I freak out. So I just try to think things out before hand. I do pretty good but being on my own and single I don't always have someone to push me that extra step when needed. That's what I am going for here. :)

Welcome to the WISH Journal board!!

Good for you for trying to eat healthy at such a young age!! If I knew then what I know now.....:rolleyes:......I wouldn't be trying to LOSE weight - I'd already be at a healthy weight!

Your life sounds awfully hectic! When do you find time to eat? Are you eating lots of veggies and protein or mostly junk food?

Good luck in school!! :sunny:

You came to the right place for people to keep you on track! We are a very supportive bunch. And our positive attitude is very contagious!:Pinkbounc

So, my 2 cents today is:
Even though you are busy, you can still make good food choices. I love McDs grilled chicken salads. And their fruit & yogurt parfait is the perfect "dessert" for me. Our malls also have a Simply Salad stand. That's a good choice if you work at the mall. Wendy's has many selections that are low in fat, calories. My point is, even at fast food restaurants, you CAN eat well. So stick with your plan and make smart choices. As Doe said, "if only I knew back then.....":rolleyes:

And it is a very good habit to plan out your day. That way you are not rushed and suddenly make a bad choice. Know what you want to eat ahead of time.

You are definitely on the right track! Welcome aboard! :wave:

TTFN-
Sharon

Thank you for the welcome! It made my day all that much better. I usually have atleast one piece of fruit a day, I try to eat deli type sandwiches for lunch whether it be brown baggin it or from a sub place or deli. (and it is usually Turkey) as for dinner, I eat lots of chicken type dinners. I used to eat a lot of fast food. But I have been keeping myself away from it. Plus I lucked out Jimmy John's sucs is closer to my school (in Downtown Chicago) then BK or McD's so that helps too. I drink more juices then pop, should drink water but I don't as much. But that's where I am at for now.

hi and welcome to journaling :wave2:

it's a great place to come when you feel like you're needing support! hope that we can help you in your journey to healthier living :)

and i'm so impressed by your crazy busy schedule! i'm a recent college graduate, but i only worked part time during the school year, and i lived in dorms (ie, didn't have to pay for it at the time, i'm paying for it now :rolleyes: )

For breakfast are those "milk and cereal bars" healthy?

I would like to throw some variety into the mix instead of just eating fruit. I eat the fruit too but I was just wondering.

Also does anyone know a healthy juice that I can drink? I drink a lot of apple juice and cranberry juice but I was looking for something new. Any ideas?

Thanks for all your support!!!
:)

hmm, i'm not sure if those cereal bars are "healthy". i guess it depends what your definition of healthy is. depends on what plan you're following. i think you're just working on portion controlling/calories/low fat? i also know they make different kinds. i would assume that the cheerios one is better than the sugary cereal type ones. (although, i could be wrong there...they may add sugary type material to keep it all together). so yeah, i guess i'm not much help :o . but i'd say that they are probably a better choice than many other things out there. and if it fills you up and keeps you satisfied, i'm going to say it's a good choice for you!

as for healthy juices...i'm not a big juice drinker. i tend to prefer fruit in its raw form, and try not to drink anything other than water, decaf tea, and skim milk (alright fine, the occasional coffee and diet soda too :p ). not so much a fruit drink, but i know a lot of people drink v8 (veggie drink). i guess other than apple and cranberry, there's also the staple of orange juice. also, i'm not sure, but i'd be careful about how much sugar is added to the apple and cranberry (or i guess all fruit juices). hope that helps! :)

Being healthy is so much more then just the food you eat. Yesterday I took sometime just for me, and I feel soooooo much better today in everything that I do. More relaxed and not so tired. I drove to my dads (in the middle of nowhere) turned of my cell phone and just hung out with my little sis. I am so glad I did. I still ate really well yesterday. And for the first time in a long time I just had a little fun. :sunny:

sounds like you had a very relaxing and wonderful day yesterday! being healthy is DEFINITELY not just about the food you eat. it sure has a lot to do with how you treat yourself in every other aspect. mental health days can be a wonderful thing. and i think you got just that with a relaxing day, and getting to hang out with your sister. i love hanging out with little kids. it always makes me happy, reminds me to appreciate the little things in life :). keep it up, you're doing a great job :)

Hiya!
Well, ya gotta watch out with the juices. They tend to have a lot of calories and just not that much nutrition. It HAS to say 100% fruit juice. Juicy Juice is one brand I can think of right away that is 100%. But it still has a lot of calories. You would be better off drinking water and eating your fruit. Better for your teeth too!:teeth:
Mental health days are soooo important. Good for you for taking the time yesterday to just relax and unwind. We all tend to do too little of that! :( It is amazing how much more you get done after having one of those days too!
Keep up the good work and I'll check back with you soon!:wave2:
TTFN-
Sharon

My meals for today

B: Milk and cereal bar

S: Banana

L: Light and fit Yogurt Smoothie (80 cal)

S: Apple

D: Turkey Sandwich on white, 3oz of Carrots, and 10oz of Cranberry Juice. (Ocean Spray 100% Juice)

I had more water today than usual :) so that's good

I can't really go on a strict atkins or slimfast or beach diet mostly because it counter acts with health conditions (IBS and Kidney problems) The kidney problems is why I drink a lot of Cranberry juice. Not really trying to diet, just eat healthier than most people around me.

I think I'd be hungry if I ate that little! Make sure you're getting some protein. A healthier choice for your sandwich would be whole wheat bread. I love those Light and fit yogurt smoothies, though I'm not sure they make a complete meal. As far as the milk and cereal bars go, I'd check the sugar. I've never had one, but that would be my biggest guess as to what the bad part is. They may be just great; just ckeck the nutrition facts. I'm definitely not the authority; just trying to help. Overall, everything looks pretty healthy. I remember how hard it can be to eat healthy in college and how hard it is to resist fast food, so keep up the good work! Oh, and I have to agree with Marcia, orange juice is the best alternative I can thing of for juice. Sugar free Kool-aid can be a great choice too! I think the only thing in it is 5 calories a serving and nothing else! I really like the fruit punch flavor. K, I'm rambling! TTYL. :)

Well, sounds like the cranberry juice is just what the doctor ordered! That is certainly fine. Just wanted to caution you about the high sugar content in the fruit juices. It has wreaked havoc on my DS's teeth. That is why I would still suggest water for you.:teeth: Anyhow, everyone is different - that is why there are so many different diet/eating plans out there. You know best what you are looking to do/gain from this. Go with that and know that we will still be here cheering you on!:sunny:
TTFN-
Sharon

I used to not even eat breakfast!

When I wrote down what I ate, it seemed little to me too. However, like I just said I never used to even eat breakfast. I would always be running late or something of the sort and I wouldn't have time. So even though my schedule has more in it now I have to get up early to catch the train to school and I eat on my way downtown. I love public transportation. I would never be able to do some of the things I do if I had to drive everyday! and on the way home I can even take a little cat nap! Sometimes I really need those. Not healthy to be tired all the time, not sure how to fix this. Can we add time to each day? Seems I never have enough. LOL I am usually most tired on Mondays and Fridays. so much to do, so little time! ::yes::

Thanks for helping out and commenting. :)

Today I am trying Snapple a Day meal replacements for one meal.

Pretty good and not a dairy type.

210 cal
100% vit c & e
0 fat
150 mg sodium
500 mg potassium
5g fiber
7g protein

and other info on bottle
LOL

Not bad, at least not for me.

i've got one of those snapple meal replacements sitting in my fridge. i bought it a couple weeks back when i was planning for a hockey game...didn't end up "eating" it though. i wonder how long those things stay good for...i should look for an expiration date... anyway, did you end up having it? and what flavor? i'm interested to find out how good it tastes. i have the strawberry/banana flavor at home.

The Snapple was pretty good. I have tried 2 different kinds now. Today was Tropical blend. And I have also tried the Strawberry Banana. I liked that one a lot. But both are very good, kinda reminds me of a fruity drink, which we all know I am in favor of because that is all I drink is different juices. LOL

I also had some OJ today for a change of pace.

Good quote I heard "Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever!" LOL not really true but funny.

Nice quote! :p That Snapple sounds really good and I'm impressed by the protein and fiber count. If you happen to have another one, could you look at the carbs? I've been looking for snacks that have a good balance of protein and carbs. Thanks! I'm glad to see you trying new things; that can always be fun! I think you've go this eating healthy thing down pretty well--keep it up! TTYL :)

hey sweetie, how's it going? thanks for checking in on my journal and for your well wishes, i am feeling better today :)

hope you are doing well! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter