Military Community Thread

Hi!
Tina-I'll second how great Yahoo Messenger is! My DF moved to a different area with no phone lines. Before that he was in Herat where they have plenty of free phones and internet for them. Now he's a little south and there are no phone lines at all... which is hard. I talked to him yesterday, for the first time in a week. When he was in Herat it was still an every day occurrence.
Luckily though, where he is now, he has an internet hookup in his room. It's very slow... but it's something. We're able to chat with Yahoo Messenger (total flashbacks.. we met online and after some emails our first communication was on Messenger, lol!!) with a lot of success. He gets kicked off every so often, but for the most part, it's fabulous! Because it's so slow, he has an easier time with that than with his AKO mail. Plus... my phone has Yahoo Messenger on it, so if he's online, but I'm nowhere near a computer, we can still chat! It's just a text message for me. I love it. I was away last week, and it was so nice to still have that contact with him.

rparmfamily- I'm glad you are all ok. That was certainly a busy week in Hawaii!
drivencrazy- you must be so happy to have the car all set! He's going to love it!
Tina- how are you?

Hope everyone is doing well!

Going back to watching Tad Hamilton now popcorn::

We don't have any means of IM, he's using a ship computer and not his own. They pretty much block everything and it's dial-up. I'm not sure if he'd get a connection on his own to tell you the truth? We have an old laptop he's used in the past but it's 7 yrs old at this point and not worth the frustration.

Yesterday we caught a good connection and emailed back and forth for a few hours before I went to bed, it was wonderful!!!!

Now I just want a phone call, I'm dying to hear his voice! :)

He's home!!!

Hubby got home Sunday. I got to the airport 1 1/2 early, got my pass to meet him at the gate. Our son was so funny. There was a plane practicing take off's and landings (it's a small airport)so everytime we thought his plane was coming in, it was this other plane. He was getting so mad. There were about 20 people from the hubby previous squadron there to meet him. It was nice.

He loves his car. Had the biggest smile on his face when he drove it out of the garage that first time.

rparmfamily - Hope you get to talk to him soon! I know it's more difficult when they are on a ship. We were very fortunate that hubby had email at his desk and his own laptop. We never tried IM, I just asked him about it and he said he's spelling is too awful to IM. Like I would care!

Hope everyone is doing well and that all are safe. We are off on a little family vacation to the Dallas area tomorrow.

Oh, and hubby surprised me with something. He started a special account and started saving for our next to WDW. Woo Hoo!

Haven't been on here in a while but it is good to read all that has been going on. All of you will be in my prayers along with your darlins.

Prould Army Mom

jmskinner........ Glad he's home! Enjoy your mini vacation!

Happy Wednesday everyone... 1/2 way through the week!!!

Hi everyone. I know I don't post here very often, but I was wondering if anyone would mind if I did a My DH is Coming Home Next Weekend Dance?

Congratulations on your DH's return.

Does the dance look like this?:cool1:

Or Like this......:banana:

or maybe it is more like this......:dancer:

Happy Celebration Homecoming!

You got THAT right! My icons of choice didn't even come close to the celebration dance!

Hi everyone. I know I don't post here very often, but I was wondering if anyone would mind if I did a My DH is Coming Home Next Weekend Dance?

That's wonderful!! Are you going to be frantically running around doing the last minute cleanings? That's what I always do lol and making sure I shaved my legs:rotfl: somehow thats just an after thought when he isn't around:confused3

Have a great time celebrating at disney, ya'll deserve it

That's wonderful!! Are you going to be frantically running around doing the last minute cleanings? That's what I always do lol and making sure I shaved my legs:rotfl: somehow thats just an after thought when he isn't around:confused3

Have a great time celebrating at disney, ya'll deserve it

Yes I am gonna be running around my house like a chicken with it's head cut off :lmao: . I'm such a procrastonator, kept saying I'll do it tomorrow. Well guess what it is tomorrow :eek: .

And who am I?

I am a current member of the AF Reserves with 17 years service (Active, ANG and Reserve) under my belt. May of 2010 is when I am eligible to retire! :woohoo:

I am also an AF wife, and have been for the last 12+ years. I have been stationed at Clark AB, Rep of the Philippines, Mountain Home AFB ID (met and married DH there), Tyndall AFB FL, Offutt AFB NE, then to the LA ANG in New Orleans. DH took at Stat tour to Tucson AZ (our current location) about 9 months before Katrina came through. We are currently contemplating one more move in order to improve hubby's chances for promotion. Hubby wnet through pilot training at Vance AFB OK, then FTU at Tyndall AFB before moving to Mountain Home.

We have 2 girls, 8 and 5.

I have to say I was reading and thinking....... Am I in two different places? Do I have a twin? :rotfl:

DH is AD AF hits 20 on 1 Sep 07. I am a reservist (AF) 17 yrs and ready to retire end of Apr 2010. I have been at Mather AFB CA, was at Offutt during the start of the 1st gulf war in 90 (not my idea of fun being SAC HQ and all) and then Travis. DH has been at Beale, Seymour Johnson, Castle and Travis. We have both done many deployments.

Hope you all don't mind me checking in on this thread every now and then. It's nice to chat with those who love disney and do what we do, military wives, reservists, and AD.
Fabulous thread!

Dance away!!!! I am excited for you! I cant wait to be in your shoes !!!:banana:

I just found this thread and decided to join. Yesterday was my 1 yr anniversary of separating from the AF. I served 4 yrs at Andrews AFB and that is where I met DFi. He PCS'd to Lankenheath on April 1 st and I haven't seen him since I dropped him off at the airport. :sad1: I am thankful that he is safe but it is still hard to be away from him. We are getting married Oct 7th and I will finally get to see him Oct 2nd. Then we will be working on the Command Sponsorship paperwork so I can join him over there.

:( :( :(

DBF's deployment got extended by a month...so he won't be here for Christmas... :(

On a good note, I finally got to talk to him on the phone today, for close to an hour...last three or four times he called I was at work...so that was a good thing today!!!

Congratulations Luvmytink! Glad to hear he is coming home! Are you like me? Seemed like forever and then all of a sudden he was here. I got to the airport and felt like I had the wrong day, he couldn't really be coming home.

Also, wanted to say hi to Luvfigment and Kc10family, welcome.

And Madameleota, glad you got to talk to your DH for an HOUR! That's great! Are your phone calls normally that long? Hated missing those calls from DH.

Oh and just to give ya an update on my best friend that is being RIF'd. She finally sent me an email. She is still having a hard time talking about it. Can't handle anyone giving her the "I'm sorry" look. She has been offered a GS-13 position and is considering that.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week! Oh, and its a three day weekend coming up. Woo Hoo!

:( :( :(

DBF's deployment got extended by a month...so he won't be here for Christmas... :(

On a good note, I finally got to talk to him on the phone today, for close to an hour...last three or four times he called I was at work...so that was a good thing today!!!

I am so sorry that yout DBF's deployment got extended! :( I am happy that you go to talk to him for an hour today though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter