Military Community Thread

Hi,

What a great thread, I have been on the board for years and i just found this. My name is Kim and I have been married to my AF hubby for almost 16 years. Most of the 16 years I have not seen him do to all of his deployments so I still feel like a newlywed. ;) We have no kids but we do have 2 cats. Mike is currently on a 8 month deployment to Iraq. As soon as he comes home we are heading to WDW for 3 weeks. Poor guy that is all he talks about on the moral calls. I just wanted to post a quick thank you for starting this thread.

Kim

100_4612.jpg

Just found this thread. I am a Navy Brat. My Dad was in the Navy for 25 yrs. Now my ds is in the Army and my nephew joined in Jan. My ds is in Japan for 2yrs and my nephew goes to Iraq in Aug. I think Christmas will be the hardest, this will be the first year that my ds will not be home, and the first time for my sister's son not to be home..

I lurked here for months and just started posting. I'm a newlywed Air Force wife, my DH is an NCO in the Texas Air National Guard and is a reservist but is on active duty orders here on base. We got married on Veteran's Day 2007. We have 3 kids (second marriage for us both) and 1 on the way due in December-boy #3.

Our base is strange in that it is a reserve base so it has some things all bases have and many things are NOT here because most people here have civilian jobs. DH is formerly AFSOC Weather, and just changed over to Security Forces last summer, though I think he misses his old job.

I'm just thankful he's not deployed at the moment. When I married him I inherited 4 BIL, 3 of whom are military (2 AF, 1 Navy) and the one in the Navy is over in Afghanistan for 16 months. My FIL is a Vietnam vet (army ranger) and both of our grandfathers were in WWII, ironically both in the Phillipines, but his GF was a POW for 45 months and one of the few survivors of the Bataan Death March.

I have always had a deep respect for the military, but moreso now that I'm married to it.:love:

Its been a while since I posted here but I just got engaged on July 2nd to my hero! He is National Guard & just returned home form Iraq in september with a purple heart!! He truly is my hero & soul mate! We are getting married next june!

Its been a while since I posted here but I just got engaged on July 2nd to my hero! He is National Guard & just returned home form Iraq in september with a purple heart!! He truly is my hero & soul mate! We are getting married next june!

Congratulations!!!! Where are you going to stay for your Disneymoon? I haven't posted in a while either but my DH is in the Air Force and I am an AF Vet but am going back Active Duty hopefully this fall. We are both medical so have taken care a lot of the purple heart recipients and I have been able to see the ceremonies in the hospital, they are very special. So good luck with the wedding and disneymoon plans!

Hey everyone,

I just thought I would stop by and post. I think I'll need some encouragement and support during the next two months. DH just left for Afghanistan this morning. It was so hard to watch him leave. Luckily he will be home by the end of September.
I haven't posted here on this section of the DIS since he came home from Iraq/Kuwait in 2003.

Good thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Its never easy when loved ones leave even for short deployements. I hope time goes fast for you.
Sandy

Congratulations and welcome to the military family!

Hey everyone,

I just thought I would stop by and post. I think I'll need some encouragement and support during the next two months. DH just left for Afghanistan this morning. It was so hard to watch him leave. Luckily he will be home by the end of September.
I haven't posted here on this section of the DIS since he came home from Iraq/Kuwait in 2003.

I'm another wishing time to speed by for you!

Hey everyone,

My thoughts are with you and I hope your next 2 months go by quickly.

Hi Everyone!
Our son is 19 and a Marine stationed at Pendleton. My heart goes out to anyone who has a loved one overseas right now. My son thinks he will go to Afghanistan in the spring, but actually he could be called at a second's notice if needed. He has not been deployed overseas yet...and I know I will be a wreck when he is.
I am proud to be his Mom (now that's an understatement!) and we miss him a lot! :grouphug:

Semper Fi,
Amy

amy.tohe.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter