Military Community Thread

DH is TDY for 15 weeks right now for training at Ft Belvoir but it is only about 100 miles away from us here at APG and he is able to come home on the weekends. After this is over he is home for 2 weeks then gone again for 6 weeks to Texas (no weekend trips home then!). I can't complain though because this is nothing compared to those 15 month deployments!

DH is TDY for 15 weeks right now for training at Ft Belvoir but it is only about 100 miles away from us here at APG and he is able to come home on the weekends. After this is over he is home for 2 weeks then gone again for 6 weeks to Texas (no weekend trips home then!). I can't complain though because this is nothing compared to those 15 month deployments!

This is so funny to me. We, as military spouses, always say, "Oh, I shouldn't complain because it could be worse" or "I can't complain because others have it worse", etc. Of course you can complain! :hug: Anytime our hubby is away from home stinks & you have every right to be sad about it! (I'm glad he gets to come home on the weekends, though!)

This is so funny to me. We, as military spouses, always say, "Oh, I shouldn't complain because it could be worse" or "I can't complain because others have it worse", etc. Of course you can complain! :hug: Anytime our hubby is away from home stinks & you have every right to be sad about it! (I'm glad he gets to come home on the weekends, though!)

Oh, believe me, I complain to DH. lol ::yes::

I just feel guilty griping about it though when I know I am lucky to at least get to see him on weekends and talk to him every night. The weekends go by way too fast. It is always very sad when he leaves to go back.

What part of NC are you in?

Oh, believe me, I complain to DH. lol ::yes::

I just feel guilty griping about it though when I know I am lucky to at least get to see him on weekends and talk to him every night. The weekends go by way too fast. It is always very sad when he leaves to go back.

What part of NC are you in?

Oh, I hear ya! I do the same thing. I always feel like it could be worse, so I tend to feel guilty when I complain, but I have to remind myself that just because it COULD be worse doesn't mean it's easy! :laughing:

Anyway, we're at Bragg. We really like NC so we're hoping we'll get to stay here a while. Where are you located?

Oh, I hear ya! I do the same thing. I always feel like it could be worse, so I tend to feel guilty when I complain, but I have to remind myself that just because it COULD be worse doesn't mean it's easy! :laughing:

Anyway, we're at Bragg. We really like NC so we're hoping we'll get to stay here a while. Where are you located?

We're at Aberdeen until the Fall but DH's next duty station is Edgewood which is just a few miles down the road so we don't have to move again until after that assignment ends in 2010. :banana:

I have a good friend at Bragg. He's with the 82nd and just got back a few months ago from Afghanistan.

I just wanted to stop through and show my appreciation to all of our soldiers. I think for some of us, who do not have any immediate family members or friends in the service, tend to forget about these men and women. So, I just wanted to show my appreciation and say that I'm praying for all of our troops to return home safely.

Well, in no time dh will be home and I GUESS that's why I'm being TESTED! The garage fills with water this weekend....I told myself it's because it rained at night, I know it hadn't. My dad came over and said, your garage is leaking, I told him it's b/c it rained last night, that's when he asked me if I had seen any evidence of rain. We both knew it hadn't rained. I hadn't but I've had a thing with water lately and I was in denial. I told him that I needed a couple of hours to deal with that b/c I wasn't ready to deal with the fact that it hadn't rained but my garage was filled with puddles. :rotfl:

The car had to go into the shop and the lady calls and tells me that the mechanic said that he hears that there is something going on in the car but he doesn't know what.....um, well, that makes the two of us, but one of us is a mechanic. They told me that don't know what it is and tell me I might want to take it somewhere else. Silly me, I thought a mechanic might know what it was. This is the BASE service station. Okaaayyy......this of course, follows on the tail of the leaking of the a/c unit upstairs. I wake up on mother's day to dd asking me if the ceiling is supposed to be leaking like that.....

I just kept praying to myself all day, Thank you Lord for our Health and Safety. Thank you for a beautiful dry house and a good engine on the car. And Thank you Lord that dh is going to be home soon!

Well, in no time dh will be home and I GUESS that's why I'm being TESTED! The garage fills with water this weekend....I told myself it's because it rained at night, I know it hadn't. My dad came over and said, your garage is leaking, I told him it's b/c it rained last night, that's when he asked me if I had seen any evidence of rain. We both knew it hadn't rained. I hadn't but I've had a thing with water lately and I was in denial. I told him that I needed a couple of hours to deal with that b/c I wasn't ready to deal with the fact that it hadn't rained but my garage was filled with puddles. :rotfl:

The car had to go into the shop and the lady calls and tells me that the mechanic said that he hears that there is something going on in the car but he doesn't know what.....um, well, that makes the two of us, but one of us is a mechanic. They told me that don't know what it is and tell me I might want to take it somewhere else. Silly me, I thought a mechanic might know what it was. This is the BASE service station. Okaaayyy......this of course, follows on the tail of the leaking of the a/c unit upstairs. I wake up on mother's day to dd asking me if the ceiling is supposed to be leaking like that.....

I just kept praying to myself all day, Thank you Lord for our Health and Safety. Thank you for a beautiful dry house and a good engine on the car. And Thank you Lord that dh is going to be home soon!

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time, but glad to hear your DH will be home soon. At least you still have your sense of humor. I love the denial!

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time, but glad to hear your DH will be home soon. At least you still have your sense of humor. I love the denial!

Thanks! Sometimes instead of praying for strength I pray to see the humor in things :) At times I don't know whether I want to laugh or cry, so I ended up laughing hysterically. It's either that or go crazy. Dh told me to hold on, he'd be home soon....I told him unless it's tomorrow, 3 months with a leak is not soon....:rotfl:

My dad did find the leak though so that's one thing down and the car is still going strong, just a popping sound on the right side whenever I go over a bump when it's under 30 mph.

Hello Everyone!

I too am a military wife and new to the DISboards. DH is currently deployed and will be returning home next month for 2 1/2 months and then he will be stationed in Chinhae, R.O.K (Republic of Korea) for a year. DS-15 and DD-7 can not wait until he gets home so that we can spend a week in Orlando!!

Hi to all
1st post--have been a lurker for awhile. Navy wife for 20 years now three sons in Army. We are living in Fort Campbell KY to be near to grandchildren.
Really like to stay active in with the military
best to all

Hi to all
1st post--have been a lurker for awhile. Navy wife for 20 years now three sons in Army. We are living in Fort Campbell KY to be near to grandchildren.
Really like to stay active in with the military
best to all

We are at Ft Campbell also...sure wish I had parents or IL's like you to move here also!! HaHa.
My DH has been in for 16 yrs and will hopefully be home for R&R Aug 5th for our Disney Trip!

Jennifer

Okay add riding mower is not working to the list....:rotfl: That's my hysterical laugh....

Hello Everyone!

I too am a military wife and new to the DISboards. DH is currently deployed and will be returning home next month for 2 1/2 months and then he will be stationed in Chinhae, R.O.K (Republic of Korea) for a year. DS-15 and DD-7 can not wait until he gets home so that we can spend a week in Orlando!!

Dh is in Korea for his year right now. Have fun at disney :)

Hello all :)

I have been married to my Marine for 19 yrs..........he has been in 20yrs. We are currently stationed in Jacksonville, NC(camp lejeune). We have been here for 3 yrs and have another 2 more to go. We have 2 children also.

Thought we would try and go to Disney for Christmas for a few days..........my hubby will be leaving shortly after the new yr for Iraq for a very long time. Hopeing to find something that is avaiable in our time frame.

I have been married to my Marine for 19 yrs..........he has been in 20yrs. We are currently stationed in Jacksonville, NC(camp lejeune). We have been here for 3 yrs and have another 2 more to go. We have 2 children also.

Thought we would try and go to Disney for Christmas for a few days..........my hubby will be leaving shortly after the new yr for Iraq for a very long time. Hopeing to find something that is avaiable in our time frame.

Hi - welcome - I am married to a prior Marine (13 yrs) and is now an army officer. We were at New River when we were first married 14 yrs ago. Cant say I miss it!!!! My DH is in Afghanistan for 18 months right now, and was in Iraq the year prior. We also did the Disney trip right before him leaving. It was great memories for our children. I hope that you are able to find something for your time frame!

Jennifer

Welcome! Hope you get your dates for Christmas at WDW. We went before DH left for Iraq also. Had a wonderful time.

I just wanted to say how proud and honored I am of you all. To service men and women who are sacrificing so much for all of us. To their wives and husbands, who are equally sacrificing their lives. And to their children and family who miss them so much while they are away, so that our great country can remain free.

This board really puts things in perspective, and I thought I would drop in and say thank you and that you all are in my family's prayers and thoughts on this Independence Day weekend.

-King

I just wanted to say how proud and honored I am of you all. To service men and women who are sacrificing so much for all of us. To their wives and husbands, who are equally sacrificing their lives. And to their children and family who miss them so much while they are away, so that our great country can remain free.

This board really puts things in perspective, and I thought I would drop in and say thank you and that you all are in my family's prayers and thoughts on this Independence Day weekend.

-King

Thank You very much - it really means a lot to us (my DH and family) for your family to recognize and remember our families and servicemembers, who we miss. Thank you!

Jennifer

www.flickr.com/photos/fountaindrink/

Hi Everyone,

DH & I were in Cape Cod for 5 nights and then we heard that the Marines were coming in for a parade & silent drill & ceremony team so I thought some of you may enjoy seeing these wonderful men & women using the above link.

We actually extended our stay to see them (DH is ex-military) and said it was such a rare honor that we should stay and support them and I am so glad we did. It was really a wonderful evening.

I hope you enjoy the photos and God Bless you all.

www.flickr.com/photos/fountaindrink/

Hi Everyone,

DH & I were in Cape Cod for 5 nights and then we heard that the Marines were coming in for a parade & silent drill & ceremony team so I thought some of you may enjoy seeing these wonderful men & women using the above link.

We actually extended our stay to see them (DH is ex-military) and said it was such a rare honor that we should stay and support them and I am so glad we did. It was really a wonderful evening.

I hope you enjoy the photos and God Bless you all.

Thank you for sharing - beautiful pictures (all of them)
I am so glad you were able to see the Marines!!

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter