Military Community Thread

Wow, midtour is coming around the corner...and it seems like it flew by...HA..NOT! :lmao: I really hate the fact that whenever dh is deployed I wish the time by faster....I'm working on that one though, or before I know it, I'll look back at my life and wonder where it went. It did kind of go smoothly except for the holidays. I was a little up and down then. Well, when he goes back after our visit there will only be 4.5 months left of the rest of the tour!!!

hello ladies! I'm new and wanted to join in. DH is prior usmc and now ang full time tech. I also did 6 yrs in ang. We are around the west point ny area (stationed at stewart ang) Going to disney in may for the first time!

hello ladies! I'm new and wanted to join in. DH is prior usmc and now ang full time tech. I also did 6 yrs in ang. We are around the west point ny area (stationed at stewart ang) Going to disney in may for the first time!

Welcome!

DH just left West Point last summer after teaching there for 3 years. The area around WP is absolutely gorgeous! He lived off post in Cornwall on Hudson.

We miss so much about that area - especially Schlessinger's.

:)
Kelley

It is a beautiful place but I dont think I will fully appreciate it till we are gone..lol. DH loves the hiking around here.

Hi, I'm Stephanie. Me and my fiance/hubby Shawn got married in July (I don't like the word elope, sounds bad) but are planning a large religious wedding in May. We really just wanted to get all the paper work done early since he is stationed in Germany at Spangdahlem AB with the USAF and didn't want to do the paperwork in the chaos of a wedding for 150 people and we both really wanted a large dream wedding. I figure I don't feel married still since we're apart anyways. The wedding is May 10 at Shades of Green near the MK. I'm really just trying to grow accustomed to all this military life stuff. I'm in Tampa finishing up my degree and then traveling through Europe and visiting my hubby come May. He is putting in an OCS packet with the Army and is hoping to switch over in January of next year. Just wanted to say hi. :)

Hi, I'm Stephanie. Me and my fiance/hubby Shawn got married in July (I don't like the word elope, sounds bad) but are planning a large religious wedding in May. We really just wanted to get all the paper work done early since he is stationed in Germany at Spangdahlem AB with the USAF and didn't want to do the paperwork in the chaos of a wedding for 150 people and we both really wanted a large dream wedding. I figure I don't feel married still since we're apart anyways. The wedding is May 10 at Shades of Green near the MK. I'm really just trying to grow accustomed to all this military life stuff. I'm in Tampa finishing up my degree and then traveling through Europe and visiting my hubby come May. He is putting in an OCS packet with the Army and is hoping to switch over in January of next year. Just wanted to say hi. :)

Hi Stephanie!

Congratulations on the engagement.

We will be at WDW 5/11-5/16 - great time to be there!

:)
Kelley

Hi Stephanie,

I'm Katie 29 married to Dwayne who is in the ARMY. We are PCSing to Baumholder, Germany in about 20 days. We are currently at Fort Hood and have been here almost 2 years.

We were married at Disney May 22, 2006 at Sea Breeze Point and our reception was at Ariel's. You picked a gorgeous time of year to get married.

Nice to meet you!

My cousin was stationed at Baumholder, it's nice out there and they have great housing on the economy plus it's close to Ramstein. :) You will love it! :) Way better than Fort Hood. Germany is amazing! Hope you enjoy it!

Hi Stephanie,

I'm Katie 29 married to Dwayne who is in the ARMY. We are PCSing to Baumholder, Germany in about 20 days. We are currently at Fort Hood and have been here almost 2 years.

We were married at Disney May 22, 2006 at Sea Breeze Point and our reception was at Ariel's. You picked a gorgeous time of year to get married.

Nice to meet you!

What a wonderful thread.:) It's nice to know you're not alone out there. DH is currently on his second tour of duty in Iraq. He should be home in about 3 months.:yay: Planning to do Disney as a well needed vacation in June. Hope to see some of you there!

Hi all, found this site and thought I'd join in . Dh is in the Navy, going on his 16th yr. Started out enlisted, but went to OCS and has been an Officer for 12 yrs. We met right after he graduated from OCS, he was being stashed for a few months before his schooling started. We had a whirl wind relationship, we met in Oct. 1995 and were married in Sept. 1996. We only spent about 3 months of that time actually together in the same place. Married 11 yrs and still going strong. We just found out this past Wednesday that DH has been choosen to do an IA (Individual Augmentation) for 6 months. He leaves April 7 and comes back Oct 7. This will be his first deployment in about 9 yrs, and I am not looking forward to it. Oh well I'll deal, at least it is only 6 months and he wil be on a ship and out of harms way. Right now we have a list about a mile long of things we want to get done before he leaves. Well gotta run and get started on that to do list. :upsidedow

Piglet4Ever, Sorry about the upcoming deployment. You and your family will be in my thoughts.:hug:

I understand whirl wind romances! :cloud9: Me and hubby met on the bus from Basic Training to Tech School. On our fourth date he asked me to marry him. Mind you we were only 21(me) and 19(DH). Three months later we were married! We have been happily married for over 15 years now.

It is so amazing hearing all the stories! I met my dbf online while he was in Iraq he returned home from Iraq in October and we talked off an on. We live 30 minutes apart well right after Christmas he asked me on a date and we were a couple on Jan. 1 2008. We have our ups and downs like anyone. Bur he is marvelous and my true best friend. We have future plans made already and may be getting married June 09. We have to wait and see!

DH and I met when a Marine friend of mine brought him home with him ( used him for a ride) I was slated to go to USMC bootcamp myself but DH (being a Marine ) talked me out of it and told me to join the Air National Guard to get the college benifits. I ended up getting out of going to bootcamp and joined the ANG. We dated for 2 yrs (lived together) I returned home from tech school (split option) and well .. first comes love , then comes baby!! DH finished his 5 yrs in the Marines and Joined the Air National Guard full time as a technician. :love:

Ah. DD has the stomach flu again. I have a touch of it myself I think.

Any guesses on if Dh is TDY? Anyone?;)

Ah. DD has the stomach flu again. I have a touch of it myself I think.

Any guesses on if Dh is TDY? Anyone?;)

Oh man I could have written this.

All 3 of my kids and myself are battling a nasty stomach bug. DD9 got sick in the parking lot at Target on Saturday nite. DH left Sunday 0500 and didn't get back until late yesterday afternoon. We were sick the entire time he was gone.

Hope your DD is feeling better soon.

Hi, all. I just joined the boards yesterday. I've been lurking for months but I didn't even realize there was a military board 'til just now. Anyway, here's my intro:

I'm an Army wife. DH is currently deployed to Iraq. No kids yet, but we're hoping for some R&R magic! :lmao:

We're almost at the 7 month mark of a 15 month tour.:sad2: But, DH is coming home for 18 days R&R in September, and we're hitting Disney for a week. :cool1: We're both so excited. It's one of the things that has kept us connected is planning this trip.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself!

Welcome! Glad he is coming home in September and you get to go to WDW! How long have you been married?

I haven't been out here for awhile myself. DH has been home almost a year now after his time in Iraq. He keeps getting these emails of job postings and gets all excited about those in Afghanastan and Iraq. That's why they joined the military though isn't it.

Welcome! Glad he is coming home in September and you get to go to WDW! How long have you been married?

I haven't been out here for awhile myself. DH has been home almost a year now after his time in Iraq. He keeps getting these emails of job postings and gets all excited about those in Afghanastan and Iraq. That's why they joined the military though isn't it.

Thank you! We've been married for 6 years this August. He's only been enlisted for 2 years, and this is our first deployment. Military married life has definitely been an adjustment to say the least! It's tough sometimes, but he really loves what he does, so I support him 100%! :)

Hey everyone! Man am I beat! DH and I had to get up at 3am. My parents came over and picked us up to take DH to the airport (1 1/2 hr away) for 7 level school. He's going to Sheppard AFB in Texas and will be there for 3 weeks. He comes home June 19th. Anyways, just wanna say welcome to the military thread to all the newbies! If you ever need anyone to talk to while your spouse is deployed you can feel free to PM me anytime! I've been through (2) 4-month deployments. Plus now going through a 3 week TDY. Im glad its only 3 weeks and glad its state side. Its A LOT easier to handle then 4 month deployments to the sandbox.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter