Military Discount Tickets

I am leaving in 2 weeks for a girls trip and one of the girls purchased our park tickets with her military discount. She told us today that she has some family medical issues come up and may not be able to go. Will we still be able to use these tickets if she isn't there? She is the only one with a military id.

did she buy the Salute to Heroes special? $138 for a 4 day base ticket( park hopping and water parks extra)

if that is the case then they will be useless unless she is there in person to activate them with her Military ID.

if she bough the vouchers for a MYW ticket through ITT or MWR, these are just like any other MYW ticket and can be used with no issue.

My husband (military person) and I both have annual passes. If I read it correctly, with this offer the military person is required to purchase a ticket for him/herself also. Is this true? In our case, an extra ticket for him will not do us any good because our annual passes are good until mid Oct.

We are going to purchase tickets for our daughter and granddaughter in a couple weeks and thought we'd use the promotion, but it doesn't make sense to pay an extra 138 for a ticket that isn't needed. Looks like we may use an old non-expiring ticket we had for our granddaughter and just purchase a park hopper for our daughter.

no. any SM may buy up to 6 tickets total. a SPOUSE can only buy 5.

but the SM is not required to purchase one for his exclusive use. if he wants to buy 3 and give them to his grandkids that's fine as long as he is the one that activates them at the gate.

my father is buying 4 military tickets for our trip end of this month.

however, we are only going to use two days worth.

would we be able to use the other two days at a later time during the summer (july) but without him being there?

he will only be with us during this quick weekend trip.

yeap once they are activated by the SM he no longer is required to be there at the gate.

no. any SM may buy up to 6 tickets total. a SPOUSE can only buy 5.

Well, I ( spouse ) had planned on buying 6 in October. 3 for my girls trip to F&W. 3 for a December trip with my DH and DD. If they won't let me buy all 6 I hope they'll let DH buy the one more needed when we arrive in December. Sometimes the rules are just a PIA.

Well, I ( spouse ) had planned on buying 6 in October. 3 for my girls trip to F&W. 3 for a December trip with my DH and DD. If they won't let me buy all 6 I hope they'll let DH buy the one more needed when we arrive in December. Sometimes the rules are just a PIA.
Yes. It will be allowed.

The reasoning behind this rule is that it is for the service member and family/guests; not for the family alone. That is why it works this way.

Any word on when Disney will release the details/blackout dates for the military promotion for Oct 2011 - 2012? The website still just says to check back soon. We are debating going back after Thanksgiving to see the Christmas decorations and would love to know if we can use the military discounts for those dates. I am having a hard time being patient!

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #17, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The blockout dates are posted there.

Thanks so much Chesire Figment! The CM I spoke with yesterday didn't have any info on blackout dates. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Any word on when Disney will release the details/blackout dates for the military promotion for Oct 2011 - 2012? The website still just says to check back soon. We are debating going back after Thanksgiving to see the Christmas decorations and would love to know if we can use the military discounts for those dates. I am having a hard time being patient!
I just booked our room today (Ft Wilderness Cabins!! :woohoo: Nov 19-Dec 3 ) and the CM told me the details for the military salute are not out yet. She recommended that I book the room only now, and then add the discount later when the details come out. She also said that we can book a package through the military salute, but it does NOT include tickets, so we would have to get the at the base. I was wondering if we would have to spend extra for the tickets to get dining added on, but we won't. That's all the info she had for me. :thumbsup2 Hope it helps.

This is the latest on Shades of Green website: black out dates are listed at the end

Walt Disney World's Armed Forces Salute 2011 /2012

From October 25, 2010 through Sept. 30, 2012 active and retired U.S. military personnel (including National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses can purchase:

Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper Option for $138 each
Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Water Parks Fun and More Option for $138 each, AND
Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun and More Options for $165 each
Offer Details:

Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased Oct. 24, 2010 to Sept. 30, 2012 at Shades of Green ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.
"Eligible Service Members" are active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard.
Shades of Green will require that Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) present valid military identification to purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets.
Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) who purchase Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort for themselves and their family members and friends will be required to activate those Tickets at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows, no later than Oct. 1, 2012, in order for those Tickets to be used. Valid military identification will be required.

No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse), and all six (6) must be purchased at the same time. Accordingly, no Eligible Service Member (or spouse) may purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets at any military sales outlet if that person (or that person's spouse) previously purchased Disney Military Promotional Tickets (whether at that same military sales outlet or at any other military sales outlet or at any other place). In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be for use by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.

Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort will not be valid unless and until activated (no later than Oct. 1, 2012).

Each Disney Military Promotional Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days. Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be used ONLY by the Eligible Service Members, spouses, other family members or friends for whom they are purchased. In addition, a valid military ID may be required for admission.

Disney Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) expire and may not be used after Oct. 1, 2012. In addition, Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) for the Walt Disney World Resort may not be used on the following blockout dates: July 4, 2011, December 26 - 31, 2011, April 1 - 12, 2012 and July 4, 2012 at Magic Kingdom Park.

Is the military 4 day ticket for $138 good for 14 days from the first use as long as it is used before the special ends?

They are good til Oct 1st. You can use the tix for 4 days non consecutively. So if you only end up going to the parks for 3 days you can come back anytime to use the last day before or on Oct 1st :) Reminder they are park hoppers for the regular 4 parks (it doesn't include waterparks or disneyquest)

Following are errors in Post 32 or apply only to Shades of Green and not Disney ticket windows. It appears that the military have stricter rules for some features and looser rules than Disney for others.

1. The tickets may be activated at any WDW ticket or Guest Relations Office. In addition to the theme park ticket windows, this includes the water parks, TTC, DTD and may be at a Guest Relations window also.

2. At the WDW windows all the tickets do not have to be bought or activated at the same time.

3. The limit of total tickets which may be activated by a service member is six; for a spouse (or unremarried widow) the limit is five.

4. The tickets may not be used after September 30, 2012. The are not valid beginning October 1, 2012.

I think I'm in a dead zone.

I'm going to F&W the first week of October. When I'd first heard the news of the extension, I thought that I'd be able to get Military Salute passes. Now it looks like the first promo ends and then new one starts a few weeks later, and I'm in the middle with no passes. Awesome. :rolleyes:

The following was added yesterday to the official internal ticketing notice about the Armed Forces Salute Tickets:

"Guests may participate in this offer as often as they wish as long as no more than six (6) tickets are sold in each transaction."

So there is no longer any limit, although the number of tickets activated by a service member will still be tracked.

The following was added yesterday to the official internal ticketing notice about the Armed Forces Salute Tickets:

"Guests may participate in this offer as often as they wish as long as no more than six (6) tickets are sold in each transaction."

So there is no longer any limit, although the number of tickets activated by a service member will still be tracked.

Love that rule! 4 days after I renewed my annual pass. I could have saved $$$ by just getting 2ea Military 4 day tickets for the next year (only have 2 trips planned). Just don't tell my family, they will all want to come down. We already used the military passes once for family, this past February while we had an annual pass.

Does anyone know if the military spouse has to go every day that the tickets are used, or just the first day to activate them? FIL is currently in Iraq, MIL will only be staying a few days, some of those at the beach, her work wouldnt allow her to take more vacation days. So we will be going the rest of the days without her, what happens if she isnt there to show military ID every day? will we have a problem. These tickets would save us a ton of money! :confused3

Does anyone know if the military spouse has to go every day that the tickets are used, or just the first day to activate them? FIL is currently in Iraq, MIL will only be staying a few days, some of those at the beach, her work wouldnt allow her to take more vacation days. So we will be going the rest of the days without her, what happens if she isnt there to show military ID every day? will we have a problem. These tickets would save us a ton of money! :confused3

once they have been activated you are fine. she does not have to be there every time you go through a turnstile.

We are just back We got the 4 day pass with the pluses. We have one day left on a ticket and 2 plusses on each ticket. When will those expire? I figured it was 9-30 but since they extended it are the tickets still going to be good? We are going back in October so would love to be able to use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter