Military Discount Tickets

We are just back We got the 4 day pass with the pluses. We have one day left on a ticket and 2 plusses on each ticket. When will those expire? I figured it was 9-30 but since they extended it are the tickets still going to be good? We are going back in October so would love to be able to use them.

You will be fine, they don't expire until Oct 2012.

We are just back We got the 4 day pass with the pluses. We have one day left on a ticket and 2 plusses on each ticket. When will those expire? I figured it was 9-30 but since they extended it are the tickets still going to be good? We are going back in October so would love to be able to use them.

I got a separate ticket with mine that listed all the blackout dates and clearly stated that they were good until October 2012

So excited! This just reduced the cost of our trip for next year by a ton! We decided to stay at SoG, too, to save more and stay longer. I have a Critical Care Nurse's conference next May, we are so going to need a good, long family vacation after this deployment!! It has been the hardest in 16 years!

The following was added yesterday to the official internal ticketing notice about the Armed Forces Salute Tickets:

"Guests may participate in this offer as often as they wish as long as no more than six (6) tickets are sold in each transaction."

So there is no longer any limit, although the number of tickets activated by a service member will still be tracked.

Cheshire; If I bought and used 5 tickets in June 2011, am I eligible to buy buy 4 more tickets and use them in late October? And if so, do I need to wait until the current promotion ends ( Oct 1st) and then purchase, or can I purchase them at any time?
Thanks.

Cheshire; If I bought and used 5 tickets in June 2011, am I eligible to buy buy 4 more tickets and use them in late October? And if so, do I need to wait until the current promotion ends ( Oct 1st) and then purchase, or can I purchase them at any time?
Thanks.

You can buy 7 more until Oct 2012. I got a update on Facebook about this from SoG. Below is what SoG actually posted on Facebook

We have just received the following update from our friends at Disney. We have been assured this is the final change to the program...

"In order to further clear up any confusion related to frequency of purchase/activation/utilization of “Salute” tickets now that we have extended the validation date until September 30, 2012, I’ve attached a tangible example...

EXAMPLE: If a qualified military Guest used two tickets last Fall (anytime after the October 3, 2010 “Salute” start date), that same Guest would be eligible for another ten tickets (for twelve total tickets) over the life of the promotion (which now ends in September 30, 2012). We will continue to keep track of utilization at our ticket windows. We will have a limit of activation of six tickets maximum per day. Once a Guest has reached their allotment of twelve tickets, they will not be able to purchase/activate/utilize any further “Salute” tickets.

Qualified military Guests are eligible for twelve total “Salute” tickets throughout the life of the promotion (October 3, 2010-September 30, 2012). They may never purchase/activate/utilize more than six per day."

Hi, we took advantage of the Salute offer in April but only used 3 of the 4 days. However, some of our tickets were disposed of because we knew we wouldn't be back before Oct. So, my question is can the lost tickets be recovered and if so can we use those in Dec as well as purchasing and activating 5 more(we purchased and activated 6 in April)? Thanks so much for any info on this.

Hi, we took advantage of the Salute offer in April but only used 3 of the 4 days. However, some of our tickets were disposed of because we knew we wouldn't be back before Oct. So, my question is can the lost tickets be recovered and if so can we use those in Dec as well as purchasing and activating 5 more(we purchased and activated 6 in April)? Thanks so much for any info on this.

When we were there in May the CM at the GS window said that if we lose the tix they can look them up using the Military member's SSN & reissue them :cheer2:

You can use them in Dec as well as purchase & activate more as long as your trip doesn't fall during the block out dates.

Block Out Dates

The following dates are blocked out for use of these tickets:
All Parks - December 26 through December 31, 2011
Magic Kingdom Park Only - July 4, 2011 April 1 through April 12, 2012, July 4, 2012

For more information, follow this link and see post # 17

sorry but i just laughed
disposing of your tickets and losing them are not that same

seriously though glad you can get it recovered

We do not put in the service members SSN. What is put into the system is the name and date of birth, not only of the service member but of each person to whom an Armed Forces Salute Ticket was issued.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature.

We do not put in the service members SSN. What is put into the system is the name and date of birth, not only of the service member but of each person to whom an Armed Forces Salute Ticket was issued.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature.

That's what I meant, of course :thumbsup2

I think I saw the answer to this question somewhere but can't find it now.

I am a military dependent and will be purchasing 5 tickets to use in Nov/Dec. I will be arriving at WDW before the rest of my family (who are not dependents any more). Can I activate all the tickets so I can go to the parks before they arrive? Last time we went using that discount, they already had all of us in the system but I would have their info anyway.

Thanks.

I am a military dependent and will be purchasing 5 tickets to use in Nov/Dec. I will be arriving at WDW before the rest of my family (who are not dependents any more). Can I activate all the tickets so I can go to the parks before they arrive? Last time we went using that discount, they already had all of us in the system but I would have their info anyway.

Thanks.

Yes, you can, since you will have all the info that is needed for the rest of your party..

Thanks.

Yes, you can, since you will have all the info that is needed for the rest of your party..

unless they changed it - EACH "adult" (over 10) needs to sign a form when the tickets are activated
so in that case, no you can't activate them ALL at once, but you can activate yours ahead of time

unless they changed it - EACH "adult" (over 10) needs to sign a form when the tickets are activated
so in that case, no you can't activate them ALL at once, but you can activate yours ahead of time

We didn't sign anything when we activated our tickets in Dec, except the back of the card.

There is no "form" which needs to be signed.

When someone comes to my window to buy or activate Armed Forces Salute tickets I will, of course, ask for the ID. I will ask for the location where the service member is stationed and give a pad of paper asking for their address and telephone number, as well as the names and dates of birth of the other people.

After the date is entered into the computer, and the tickets activated or issued, I will throw away the sheet of paper.

I have a question that I think best fits this thread. My son is 19yrs old and attending college. He is a dependent of his active duty father (my ex-husband). Can my son go to MWR and purchase the 5 tickets, then be the one to activate them on day one of his visit (going w/friends). There is no "Spouse" dependent card to activate them at the gates & his dad is in Iraq.

I have a question that I think best fits this thread. My son is 19yrs old and attending college. He is a dependent of his active duty father (my ex-husband). Can my son go to MWR and purchase the 5 tickets, then be the one to activate them on day one of his visit (going w/friends). There is no "Spouse" dependent card to activate them at the gates & his dad is in Iraq.
No. The 4-day Armed Forces Salute tickets may only be purchased and/or activated by a person who either is the service member or whose DD1173 indicates either Spouse or Unmarried Widow.

However, is is eligible to go to Shades of Green and purchase regular discounted MYW or the Stars and Stripes Tickets (and also not have to pay the sales tax).

Thank you so much Chesire Figment. Where would I find info on the regular tix at SOG?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter