mjshorses 4/2/12 Wishes PJ-3 DAYS TILL THE WEDDING!!!!

Just wanted to say hi :wave2:. I love your country theme wedding. It is so cute. I'm sorry you were having issues with your RD but atleast you got it! I love HDDR. Staying tuned! popcorn::

Hey Michelle! I saw that you were having doubts on the WP... I am too. I've been meaning to get up to the WP and see it again (hoping to do that this coming weekend or sometime soon following). But have you made a final decision? I'm leaning more towards staying at the WP because I've already got outside photography and floral booked so that is keeping my options even more vague.

I'd love to hear what you've decided to do, might help me.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and getting your way for the rehearsal dinner.

Look forward to hearing more.

Hi!!!!!!! The wedding is 19 days away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

It's been a while but I've just had so much going on that I wasn't able to finish my PJ but I leave in 11 days and the wedding is in 19 so I thought I should drop by and say hi.

I'm really excited and very nervous. My stress level is through the roof trying to make sure I have everything I need and to try to get everything organized so that I don't leave anything behind. I really worried that I'm going to forget something.

I go for my third dress fitting on friday and then my last one on the 21st (we leave for Disney on the 24th; we're driving down). I've lost 10 lbs not as much as I wanted but better than nothing. If I had a stronger will power I probably could of done better but it's so hard to say no to yummy food!!!

Here's a picture from my last fitting. (I was 7lbs down).
IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

(Only half the bustle is pinned up. It's not really going to look uneven like that! ;) )

I don't remember if I mentioned how Priscilla of Boston "Retired" and it left me without someone to alter my dress. Heck, it almost left me without my dress but fortunately after many irate phone calls and several visits in person I got my dress. Priscilla gave me the name of a seamstress that had worked with them for 35 years and could alter my dress and after calling her and setting an appointment to go see her we never heard from her again. Panicked because the fabric and the way the dress is made would make it tricky to alter I didn't want to take it to just anyway for fear it would get ruined so I called Kleinfelds in NYC (a 5 or 6 hr drive) to see if they would alter my dress for me since they sold priscilla dresses. Unfortunately, they told me no because they only did dresses that they actually sold at their store. Bummer! I was disappointed because I had visions of Vera, the head of the alterations department that's always on Say Yes to the Dress episodes fixing my dress and my mind finally being put at ease because I knew she would never ruin my dress. Plan B was to call Vera Wang in Boston and beg their help.

Well, they told me that they don't do outside dresses either but that they know what happened with Priscillas and I think they took pitty on me so they agreed to let me come down with my dress and they would see if they would touch it. Well, I did, and they agreed to alter it for me!!!! Phew! :scared:
One disaster averted!

So they've been very kind and VERY patient with me as all this run around with priscilla and their "highly recommended seamstress" left me very distrusting with a big sour taste in my mouth. You can see in the picture with me facing frontward were the bodice wrinkles and bunches a bit but that's from the pins they placed in it where it needs to be taken in (yay, negative 7lbs) unfortunately, that's mostly in the bust area :confused:

The only issue I've had so far is that they insist that they need to shorten the sides of my dress because the material (just the outer lace part) drags on the ground. (Yes, I know. that's the style of the dress. It's shorter in the front and the progressively gets longer as it goes around the back and into the train. SEE PICTURE BELOW)
401415.jpg

The flow-y way the material moves and gathers on the ground is one of the things I love about the dress and it looks fine till it's time to bustle the train. then the sides look funny. I asked them if they could just pin up the sides because I really don't want my dress cut (I paid Priscilla an additional $500 to have the dress made to fit me) but they keep telling me no and not to worry that they have to shorten the sides of EVERY dress. But, it still gives me anxiety and makes my heart twist to think of them cutting that lovely fabric even though my head tries to convince myself that they know what they're doing. They know I'm uneasy about it so they've been very patient and I think in order to prevent me from having a break down or freak out they've promised to only do the bustle and not cut, take in, or shorten anything till my fitting this Friday. You can see in the pictures of me at my last fitting that they've pinned up the sides (you can see the pins) but I think it looks too short. What do you all think? Did they shorten the sides of your dresses? Do you think I'm being over dramatic and silly about this? Please be honest.

Yay for 19 days! Your dress is beautiful, congrats on the weight loss. I don't think it looks too short in the pictures.

I never realized that our ceremony dates were so close, mine is the 24th and we leave for Disney 2 days before you do. I hope the weather is nice while we're there!

You look beautiful! Great work on your weight loss! Don't beat yourself up about how much more you could have lost, you did great!

Im so glad you got the seamstress situation worked out, that was a very stressful part for me as well.

I would also say stick to your guns on the alterations for the sides. You are paying them. And while they are the experts, it is YOUR money and your dress. If you have a vision, be clear and firm about it. And no matter what, you're going to look stunning! :goodvibes

Hey,

At least you'll be having your dream dress! theres always a silver lining! :) It will look beautiful on the day! They probably do know what they are doing... try and relax and enjoy it! :)

Lots of Love

Faye

xxx

P.s My dress was ordered october 2011, due to come in DEC 2011, ITS STILL NOT HERE!!!! i just keep getting... don't worry... I've never let a bride down! Oh well! lol

xxx

You're so close! And you look beautiful in your dress. :lovestruc

As for shortening, I didn't have to have my dress hemmed so I can't be much help. I did have to have the side of my dress taken in a lot though!

Hi sweetie
Wow you are so close!!! Your dress is to die for and you look gorgeous in it!!! Quite the princess!!! Enjoy these last few special days!!

Yay for 19 days! Your dress is beautiful, congrats on the weight loss. I don't think it looks too short in the pictures.

I never realized that our ceremony dates were so close, mine is the 24th and we leave for Disney 2 days before you do. I hope the weather is nice while we're there!

Thank you! Yes, I'm hoping for nice weather! I really want sunshine but I keep telling myself that I'm getting married at Disney and rain's not going to matter. Are you all packed for the most part?

What a beautiful dress! You look gorgeous!

Thank you!!!

You look beautiful! Great work on your weight loss! Don't beat yourself up about how much more you could have lost, you did great!

Im so glad you got the seamstress situation worked out, that was a very stressful part for me as well.

I would also say stick to your guns on the alterations for the sides. You are paying them. And while they are the experts, it is YOUR money and your dress. If you have a vision, be clear and firm about it. And no matter what, you're going to look stunning! :goodvibes

Thank you! I did express wanting the sides a little longer so they did pin them that way. I go for my last fitting weds so we'll see!!!

Wow! I know you had trouble with your dress, but it is stunning!

Thank you so much! I do really love it but sometimes I get disappointed because dresses always look better in the pictures on models! :laughing:

Hey,

At least you'll be having your dream dress! theres always a silver lining! :) It will look beautiful on the day! They probably do know what they are doing... try and relax and enjoy it! :)

Lots of Love

Faye

xxx

P.s My dress was ordered october 2011, due to come in DEC 2011, ITS STILL NOT HERE!!!! i just keep getting... don't worry... I've never let a bride down! Oh well! lol

xxx

Oh Faye, that's horrible! Did they say why it hasn't come in yet?

Nice dress! :thumbsup2 so close!! :banana:

:goodvibes

You're so close! And you look beautiful in your dress. :lovestruc

As for shortening, I didn't have to have my dress hemmed so I can't be much help. I did have to have the side of my dress taken in a lot though!

You looked gorgeous too!!

Hi sweetie
Wow you are so close!!! Your dress is to die for and you look gorgeous in it!!! Quite the princess!!! Enjoy these last few special days!!

Thank you so much!! I leave in 6 days and the wedding is in 15! I can't believe this is really it!

Well, I've spent most of the day working on our new living room but it's kind of hard to do when the couch hasn't come yet. (You can see the throw pillows for the couch in the corner). It's suppose to come Tuesday and I can't wait. I've had so much fun decorating. Hahaha, I'm so lucky Nathan has no problem with my theme! I don't know if you recognize the horse graphite drawings on the wall by the television but those are the originals of our table cards! I had copies made on card stock so I wouldn't having to worry about the actual drawings getting lost or damaged.

Anyway, horses are everywhere and I love it. We still have to put together a bookcase, an end table, and the coffee table but we're going to wait till after the couch comes!

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1534-2.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg
(My collection of Painted Ponies)

The dress fitting went well Friday, the bustle was completed. I feel really bad for my mother and sister, it looks like it's going to be quite a pain to bustle. They re-pinned the sides to adjust for the 10 lbs I've lost and it should be all set on Weds when I go for the last fitting! Here are some pics from friday's fitting. (Look at all those pretty Vera Wang dresses in the background!)

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

I can't believe I leave on Saturday. Time really did fly by!

Wow!!! I can't believe it is soooooo close! You are looking gorgeous--love the gown! Enjoy your last two weeks as a single lady!!

Awww, thank you for your compliment. <3 Your dress fits your PERFECTLY! I love how flowy it is, and it looks terrific bustled too.

Also, I love your new living room! I am happy for you, and jealous. I hate all of my furniture, but we're sticking it out until we buy a house!

The dress looks perfect! Still very flowy and I love how they've pinned the back.

Yes, I'm all packed, what about you?

Nice work on the living room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter