monana's TR:Fantamic! Dessert Party, pictures added

Hey! I do not know how I missed this. I love it, Your wedding was gorgeous! Can't wait to see more :)

So we had 4 hours at the Atlantic Dance Hall.
0837_2039.jpg

Here’s our cake, a 3 tier mad hatter style cake. It was amazing. I almost didn’t want to cut it. However I remembered how good the cake inside was during the tasting that I just couldn’t wait to taste it again. We had the bottom and top layer of chocolate cake and bailey’s mousse filling and the middle layer with yellow cake and tropical mousse filling.
0844_2058.jpg

Here’s our centerpiece. We just wanted something simple. This centerpiece was also used at the dessert party.
0843_2057.jpg

We had two favors. One was a floating rose candle wrapped in twill and ribbon tied with a gift tag. Then we also had these which were 3.50 a piece for our guest to enjoy. They are marshmallow covered in either white or milk chocolate and they had Mickey shaped straws as the holder of it.
0841_2053.jpg

Here’s some of the food.
0963_2360.jpg

0964_2362.jpg

0961_2356.jpg

Here’s our menu:
Our pre-reception we had coffee, fruit punch, and assortment of freshly baked breakfast pastries, like croissants, muffins, and cinnamon buns
Here’s our buffet menu:
Island fruit salad- fresh fruits toasted coconut with banana dipping cream and mango-papaya dipping cream
Made to order Mickey Mouse waffles with a choice of warm blueberry, strawberry and banana foster toppings
Hickory smoked bacon
Caesar salad with crisp romaine, creamy Caesar dressing, shaved parmesan and toasty herb triangles
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
Spring rolls, we had different choices shrimp, vegetable, or chicken along with sweet chile or ginger soy dipping
Parmesan crusted breast of chicken laced with mushroom cream and asiago cheese infused mashed potatoes
We had coffee, tea, water, and the fruit punch. However we did have a cash bar, as well as bill on consumption for soda.
The total for the meal was $50/adult and $25/child. The children had the same food we did, so no special menu changes.
We had Mickey and Minnie attend our wedding. We couldn’t have a wedding without them.
1043_2564.jpg

1051_2582.jpg

1097_2692_cp.jpg

Even my dad and one of my best friends totally got into having them there.
1073_2641.jpg

Here was the best picture that captured the look on just about everyone’s face when they saw Mickey and Minnie enters the dance floor.
1048_2571_cp.jpg

Cake cutting time:
1135_2772.jpg

1149_2795_cp.jpg

Bouquet and garter toss. My best friends were the one that caught both the bouquet and garter.
1214_2967_cp.jpg

1216_2968_cp.jpg

1222_2986_cp.jpg

1231_3007.jpg

Here are the shoes during the ceremony:
0046_0075.jpg

Here are the shoes after the ceremony:
1184_2880.jpg

Here’s the last shot at Atlantic Dance Hall with All the cousins on my mom’s side that were able to make it to the wedding. Believe me we did miss the other cousins that could not make it.
1250_3075.jpg

I had the best time at the reception that I didn’t even realize that it started to rain again. When were getting ready to leave the hall I just saw the rain and said oh well! We had the ceremony and reception of a life time. And now that it’s raining it doesn’t bother me one bit. My photographer Jensey bless her heart gave me a Disney poncho to wear over my dress. It was so nice of her to do.
Here’s shot of our bus back to the hotel:
SN850171.jpg

Here’s my sister and her boyfriend with the wishing well with our all our wedding gifts inside the bus.
DSCN1189.jpg

So after the reception we went back to Coronado Springs Resort this is where we first started our day. We went there to collect our things to head Polynesian Resort. Oh my gosh I felt so spoiled staying there! It was so nice and comfortable. So it rained all afternoon. We were waiting for Michelle our WP to inform us of what would happen to our dessert party. I thought for sure it would be cancelled. She called us around 4pm to let us know that we are going to have our dessert party as scheduled! I was amazed when she said that because it was still raining. Granted the rain wasn’t has hard as earlier when we left the reception however it was pretty steady. So I texted all our guest to let them know to meet us at Hollywood Studios in time to meet our CM that was going to take us to the site.
So at 630pm we headed off to the Hollywood Studios, and I swear the moment we pulled out of the Polynesian Resort parting lot it POURED!! I mean there was no end that I could see. We got to the Hollywood studio parking lot and it was just a great big puddle. Again I called to make sure it was still happening, Michelle assured me that it would be happening so sit tight we will be having an outdoor dessert party in time to watch Fantasmic!

It was your planning journal that helped me decide for sure that I wanted to go with the parasols vs flowers. You see we spent all this time going to various asian markets around seattle, but they were all around 20 dollars a parasol. Don't get me wrong it's a lot cheaper then flowers, but that was one more thing I would have to make sure to bring for the wedding. However it was the link that provided that made it super affordable, and hands down easy for me to just go with the parasols.

:cool1: How neat, I'm so glad I was able to help you out. I know how much it meant to me when I got so much help from previous Dis Brides while I was in the planning process. I'm glad that I was able to help some brides that came after me :goodvibes

I love your marshmallow favors, how cute with the Mickey straws. It looks like all your guests had a great time! The food looked so yummy and your cake was really pretty. I love the Mickey rhinestones on your shoes too!
Looking forward to reading more.

:cool1: How neat, I'm so glad I was able to help you out. I know how much it meant to me when I got so much help from previous Dis Brides while I was in the planning process. I'm glad that I was able to help some brides that came after me :goodvibes

I love your marshmallow favors, how cute with the Mickey straws. It looks like all your guests had a great time! The food looked so yummy and your cake was really pretty. I love the Mickey rhinestones on your shoes too!
Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks those pink shoes were suck a good deal. I got them at nordstrom rack, they were like 12 bucks, it's because there were bows on top all stained and looked like they were falling apart. My sister helped me take the bows off. Afterwards i bought rhinestones from Michaels craft store, and made the little mickeys.
But I really do thank you i apperciate all the brides that post on here, it really does help. I don't know if i could've plan my wedding as well without the advice and ideas from this board.

OMG girl all the food looks so good and I love the decor.

Your cake!!! WOW!!! That cake rocks.

your cake was beautiful and it looks like everyone had a great time at the reception!

Here’s our centerpiece. We just wanted something simple. This centerpiece was also used at the dessert party.
0843_2057.jpg

LOVE the cake and the details on your shoes!! :thumbsup2
Can you tell me more about your centerpieces?? Is it just colored water? How are the Mickey heads kept floating? I really like these!

LOVE the cake and the details on your shoes!! :thumbsup2
Can you tell me more about your centerpieces?? Is it just colored water? How are the Mickey heads kept floating? I really like these!

They were triple cylinder vase set filled with gel in light pink, silver Mickey confetti swirled through-out. Top with dark pink dendrobium orchid blooms. Then at the dessert party, they added LED lights to the bottome of them.

More More More....We want more!! P-P-P-lease!!!

I am sorry I've been away for awhile. I've been working more hours so we can save up more money for our disneyworld 2nd honeymoon trip in May. We are getting the most use out of our annual pass ^_^

This was a last minute add on to our wedding plans. Well we wanted it from the start however we were worried about our budget. So we were unsure if we were going to have this part of our wedding event. Well our guest count wasn’t as large as we first thought so this is our saving grace for why we were able to have this event. I am really glad we did. It was so much fun!
Ok so with rain concerns, we were really unsure it would even happen. But it all worked out in our favor. We did have on small hitch; we didn’t get to go to the site until about 30mins after it was originally planned. But other than that everything looked great. And if it was something out of a story book, there was not a drop of rain for the rest of the night! And that was a miracle because seriously when we first got to Hollywood Studios’ parking lot, it was raining so hard that the puddles were just like shallow lakes across the lot.
We kept our décor simple. The dessert able just had a Mickey and Minnie stuff animal in the center. The entire table had black linen with the center piece from our reception brought to the dessert party.
IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

Our dessert party cost $20 per guest the menu included:
Assorted miniature cakes and bar cakes
Double chocolate brownies, blondies, crisped rice treats, and assorted freshly baked cookies
Seasonal fruit display
White and dark chocolate pretzels
Coffee, decaf coffee, hot tea, ice tea, and water.
Here’s some random picture of everyone at their table.
IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

Everyone loved the show of course. The part that was also an added bonus, was that we did stay at the park taking pictures in front of Mickey's hat and along the shops. There was a number of our guest that also did go shopping at the gift shops all along the entrance of Hollywood Studios.

So Here's a summary of our wedding:
Ceremony: Japanese Garden in Epcot
Reception: Atlantic Dance Hall, Brunch Buffet, with Mickey and Minnie
Dessert Party: Fantasmic! at Hollywood Studios
Videographer: STVS Video (Stan and Bonnie)
Photographer: Rootography (Nathan and Jensey)
Florist: Laura Kidd
Wedding planner: Michelle Gihooly
Priest: Pastor Kirk Bane

So to sum up our wedding story I would have to say it was a magical miracle. It was everything we wanted plus we had the weather on our side.

What can we say it was truly a dream come true!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter