• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

monana's TR:Fantamic! Dessert Party, pictures added

Girl you are all soo beautiful :)

I love the parasol and flowers!!!!!!!

Your wedding band is exquisite! How romantic that he picked it out for you! And I love how he's helped pick up items, like the hair flowers. What a sweetheart! You two are absolutely darling! :hug:

What a beautiful ring! :goodvibes I love that he picked it out!
Yeah he was there without me, so it was totally him that picked it out. He did that for my engagment ring too.

Awww plumeria everything! It's so you...I remember when he first told me he asked your dad for his blessing. This was looooong before he asked you. It was totally in the works for awhile. He was looking at a plumeria'd engagement ring.

You guys are so darn perfect. Less your lack of Star Wars enthusiasm. We'll continue to work on that...there's a new movie coming out.
aww.. so i ended up with the plumera ring that he wanted to get me from the start. ^_^ Hey at least i do watch star wars, i a just not a as crazy about as he is.

Girl you are all soo beautiful :)

I love the parasol and flowers!!!!!!!
Aww your so sweet. Thanks.

Your wedding band is beautiful!!
Thank you I was so excited to get the ring, I swear it took forever for them to mail it to us, but it was like 3 days.

Your wedding band is exquisite! How romantic that he picked it out for you! And I love how he's helped pick up items, like the hair flowers. What a sweetheart! You two are absolutely darling! :hug:

Aww.. thanks. He honestly has been so helpful.. i dont know how everything could've been done if he didnt do what he does to make sure we get things done for the wedding.

I love the wedding band, it's so unique.

My take on the whole open bar thing is we need to have one. I come from a big family of eaters (can you tell) and drinkers.

You think listing your registry on an invite is an etiquette faux-pas? Not with my family. The biggest mistake you can make is not having enough food or drink, and a cash bar is always looked down on. However, people would certainly get over it soon enough if they had to pay for a few drinks.

28 days away!!!

I am getting SOOOO excited.. and a little nervous, i just don't want to forget anything. so here's the final things we need to do:
- put together the programs
- pack items that i can
- buy mother's gifts (everyone else we have)
- buy my groom a gift
- call nathan (photographer) to finalize plans for the day
- send bonnie (videographer) our pictures for the video as well as music preferrance
- i am currrently waiting to hear from our pastor in regards to the wedding rehearsal
- i have to figure out what to do about my make up, but it sounds like i might have a cousin that is able to do it for me ^_^ yay!

NOW: what else am I missing that comes up last minute that I am not seeing for some reason?? any tips??

Just to update on the never ending drink issues:
Alright so for the drink issue, after taking everything into consideration here's what we've decided. We are doing a cash bar. i know it's not usually something that is done, but we didn't want to give up the dessert party and the characters coming to our reception. So that's how that went.

were moving closer and closer to our wedding date, and all i can say is i hope it comes quickly just cuz i am too excited. I feel like that disney commerical where the parents tell the kids to sleep, and they respond by saying were too excited to sleep. and then so does that husband. because they are about to go on a disney vacation.. ahh well.. that's just me.

28 days away!!!

I am getting SOOOO excited.. and a little nervous, i just don't want to forget anything. so here's the final things we need to do:
- put together the programs
- pack items that i can
- buy mother's gifts (everyone else we have)
- buy my groom a gift
- call nathan (photographer) to finalize plans for the day
- send bonnie (videographer) our pictures for the video as well as music preferrance
- i am currrently waiting to hear from our pastor in regards to the wedding rehearsal
- i have to figure out what to do about my make up, but it sounds like i might have a cousin that is able to do it for me ^_^ yay!

NOW: what else am I missing that comes up last minute that I am not seeing for some reason?? any tips??

Just to update on the never ending drink issues:
Alright so for the drink issue, after taking everything into consideration here's what we've decided. We are doing a cash bar. i know it's not usually something that is done, but we didn't want to give up the dessert party and the characters coming to our reception. So that's how that went.

were moving closer and closer to our wedding date, and all i can say is i hope it comes quickly just cuz i am too excited. I feel like that disney commerical where the parents tell the kids to sleep, and they respond by saying were too excited to sleep. and then so does that husband. because they are about to go on a disney vacation.. ahh well.. that's just me.

Sounds like you're right on track. For me the closer it got the less motivation I had to get anything done - I have no idea why as normally I get more motivation. We went to bed at like 9pm the night before we left and both slept fine :confused3

I hope your day was amazing! I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures!!! :goodvibes

So now we're back, well actually we've been back for awhile now, but my laptop need some repair. Now I am stuck using our desktop that is really old and doesnt work too well. Oh well at least it's something.

IT TRUELY WAS A MAGICAL WEDDING!!!
The best thing a bride can do is to have their wedding at disney. Everything was taken care of and you just really get a chance to enjoy your special day..

So here's a recap:

Date: Sept 10, 2008 Ceremony Starts at 9am
Ceremony Location: Epcot Japan
Reception Location: ADH
Dessert Party: Hollywood Studios, Fantasmic!
Photographer: Rootography (Nathan and Jensey)
Videographer: STVS videos (Stan and Bonnie)
Pastor: Pastor Kirk Bane
Wedding Planner: Michelle Gihooly
Florist: Luara Kidd

Guestlist total: 50 guest (including our wedding party)

Here's a link to our photographer's slideshow. http://clients.rootography.com/monajay/

(I must say i LOVE them. If you are not sure who to hire for your photographer, or if you do have an idea, i suggest that you give them a call or email first! I know that if we are ever to plan a vow renewal or anything there, we'd call them.)

Here's the link to our videographer's preview.
www.stvsweddings.com, click sneak peak then user blu-ray, password magic and it's under mona and jay (epcot japan)HD

When I get my laptop back I can do a little more detailed review of our wedding since all the pictures are there on the laptop. Enjoy for now.

Congratulations! I saw your sneak peek on Stan's site. I had the exact same parasol that your girl's used at my wedding too. I was a fellow Epcot bride and I absolutely loved it. Your pictures truly reflect the beauty of the setting and it looks like you had a wonderful day. I can't wait to read more :goodvibes

Awww your pictures are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!

Absolutely beautiful!! I'm so happy that everything went so well for you! Congratulations on a beautiful wedding. :wizard:

Oh, WOW! Mona, you looked exquisitely beautiful! I swear your smile is so contagious! I am sitting here with a huge happy smile on my face, so grateful that you shared the pictures with us. It really looked like a day full of joy and happiness! There were so many unique elements --your hair pin was perfect, the cake was gorgeous, your bridal party looked beautiful!

Can't wait to hear all about it! :hug:

ETA: meant to say at the very beginning that Jay looked so madly in love and awestruck by you. :faint: :love: :cloud9:

Mona - I simply cannot wait for more info. Your pictures are STUNNING

I want to have the ceremony in Japan Epcot, there are so few reports that i'm waiting with bated breath to hear all about it! Your brides maids are exactly the colour I wanted for them too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter