monana's TR:Fantamic! Dessert Party, pictures added

Beautiful! I loved your BM dresses and the parasols were so cute! What a wonderful day! Congratulations!

Your pictures are gorgeous! They did a great job at getting some pics with the parasols that look amazing ! CAn't wait to see more!

Mona, your pics are so gorgeous!! You two are absolutely adorable! And your ceremony looked soooooo beautiful. Looking forward to seeing more pics, and hearing more about your day!!

Wow! Your pics are awesome! Japan is really a beautiful location for a ceremony.

I love the pictures! You looked so beautiful!

I just got engaged two weeks ago at WDW so I'm new to this part of the Disboards, but I'm enjoying reading everything! :)

your smile is absolutely infectious! Gorgeous pictures, the 2 of your looked like you had a blast!!

I love the pic of you 2 laughing at the alter! Soo in the moment!!

Everything looks wonderful.

Congrat's!

Can't wait to hear more!! :goodvibes

What type of music did you have at your ceremony? Were you two mic'ed to speakers for your guests to hear you?

Alright so our wedding has been a little over 3 months ago. But with adjusting to marry life and having computer issues. I haven't had much time to update. But this snow/icy storm that just hit Seattle left me home from work today, with time to tell our fairy tale wedding story!
Here’s the logistics of our wedding
The ceremony location is at EPCOT – Japanese Garden just in front of the garden
0390_0941.jpg

The reception location at Atlantic Dance Hall
0837_2039.jpg

The Dessert Party at Hollywood Studios; Fantasmic!
Sep102008_0074.jpg

We had 48 guest total (including the wedding party)
1206_2948_cp.jpg

Here’s our wedding party:
2 maid of honor
1 best man
3 bridesmaids and groomsmen
1 flower girl
1 ring bearer
1 coin bearer
2 cord sponsors
2 veil sponsors

We left Seattle on Saturday night of the 6th, to give us plenty of time to get things ready before the wedding. Well to tell you the truth, there wasn’t much for me to do once we got to Orlando, but that’s beside the point. I really just wanted us to get there as soon as possible. We were on the same flight as my maid of honor and her boyfriend, jay’s sister, husband, and their son.
Here’s a picture of us on the plane
DSCN0856.jpg

Here’s a picture of Jay’s sister (bridesmaid), husband (code sponsor), and their son (our ring bearer)
DSCN0857.jpg

I felt so bad for their son; he was about a month shy of being a year old he’s actually been on a number of flights, but it just seem like he was so uncomfortable. I think that the whole red eye flight did not work well for his sleep schedule.

Once we got to Orlando, we split up to go to our resort. We meet up for lunch at Chef Mickey’s. I love that place! It was so much fun. Plus it was just great to be with jay’s family enjoying good food, good company, and the Disney magic, of characters with your meal!
DSCN0886.jpg

Here’s a random picture of jay and I going to meet my best friend and maid of honor and her boyfriend for lunch at Cinderella’s castle. GOOD food by the way. Plus if you’re a princess fan this is the place to be.
image0020.jpg

I lied when I said there was nothing for me to really do wedding related before the wedding. Monday before the wedding we headed early to the court house for our license. I think that’s when it started to really feel like “oh man, were getting close to being married”. Afterwards we headed to Costco to buy a few items for gift bags, and also some snacks for the theme park ^_^. Then on Monday night jay went out with the guys to do whatever they do. While they were gone, I put together the gift bags for our wedding party.
We had a rehearsal the morning before the wedding on the 9th. However I don’t have any pictures from it. Jay’s cousin does, and hopefully I’ll get copies soon. But it was at the boardwalk conference center. We did not have a rehearsal meal with our wedding party because a good number of our wedding party actually arrived the night before the wedding. So we decided that the dessert party would be our time to just thank them. Gifts were given to those at the rehearsal and everyone else at other times.

Hooray! You started your trippie! Can't wait to read the next installment.... popcorn::

Your photos are beautiful!! I love your gown and your bridesmaides' dresses! I am excited that someone had a fantasmic dessert party!! I am having one this coming May. Do you have any more photos are your dessert party? I can't seem to find any photos anywhere and need some help with decor. :goodvibes

Your photos are beautiful!! I love your gown and your bridesmaides' dresses! I am excited that someone had a fantasmic dessert party!! I am having one this coming May. Do you have any more photos are your dessert party? I can't seem to find any photos anywhere and need some help with decor. :goodvibes

Thanks ^_^. I will definetly be adding pictures fron the dessert party so stay tuned. But I was like you, there was really not a lot of pictures on the boards for fantasmic dinner parties. I have to say our guest LOVED the fantasmic dessert party.

So the night before the wedding hurricane IKE was passing through so it just kept pouring down rain. I wouldn’t let it bother me, so I went to sleep. You know some people say it’s hard to sleep the night before the wedding. But I really had no problem. Maybe it’s the four days prior of going the different theme parks, or just that I felt Michelle (our wedding planner) had everything under control. Either way I had a good night sleep. Until about 4 am when my cousin who did my hair and makeup woke me up.
Here’s my cousin starting the magic that would be my hair for the wedding.
DSCN1029.jpg

Here’s the side view of my hair.
0080_0155.jpg

Here’s my cousin working on getting my makeup right.
0086_0162.jpg

While everyone was in my room getting ready, my mom was busy getting our breakfast ready for all to enjoy. She was so awesome. My mom and dad stayed on a resort off the Disney property because they had a time share deal. So they woke up early and cooked eggs, bacon, spam, and rice for the wedding party to enjoy before the wedding. So that’s breakfast for about 15 people. Plus get ready.
DSCN1030.jpg

While all of this was going on, my dad realizes that they forgot to pack his shoes for the wedding. Now mind you we had to be ready to leave the resort at 800am in order to take pictures before the wedding. So his choices were limited for where he could get shoes. I didn’t want to worry about what he was going to do. So I just thought he was going to borrow my sister’s boyfriend’s shoes, because that was the last thing I heard. Later I learned he headed out to a 24 hour Wal-Mart and just got shoes from there.
We finally got ready and headed out to EPCOT Japan. ^_^. Here’s a number of pictures we took before the wedding.
Riding the limo into the EPCOT area was so princess diary like. It was just so exciting. That’s what I started to really feel all princesses like.
0120_0257_cp.jpg

0125_0264.jpg

0011_0020_cp.jpg

0091_0169.jpg

0255_0616_cp.jpg

A close up look at my bouquet. FYI this bouquet cost me 165 dollars.
0157_0366.jpg

Here’s a picture of part of my entrance to the ceremony. I took the long walk where we went around the bridges above the pond and down by the temple around the back of the guest and down towards jay. It was a pretty long walk, but it was my time you know ^_^.
0362_0877.jpg

My bridesmaids and maid of honors had these parasols rather than bouquets. We saved a ton! I mean the parasols we got for like 4 bucks a piece and well flowers, you all know how much those are from the Disney florist. Other floral savings for us was that the guys used Kukui nut necklaces that Jay got while he was in Hawaii for his grandmother’s funeral. We had some leis made certain wedding party members. Jay’s (the groom’s lei) was 65 dollars. Our parents leis were 26 dollars.
0405_0962.jpg

0596_1374_cp.jpg

There is a story behind this picture. You see my DH is a huge star wars fan! I mean huge! Well So when we were picking music for the ceremony and the reception, he really wanted to add a star wars song to the wedding somewhere. So I being the loving and compromising DW said alright you can pick it for the song we walk out to. So he chooses this song…. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUiXiNF3u6A
So at the rehearsal jay was humming it while everyone was walking out, but no one thought that it would seriously be the song they would be walking out to during the ceremony. So as it was playing that’s when the photographer took this picture.
0533_1208_cp.jpg

Here is some pictures we took after the ceremony at Italy.
0776_1842_cp.jpg

0618_1429.jpg

0735_1716.jpg

Here's the link for our videographer:
www.stvsweddings.com
Go to sneak peak
Username: blu-ray
password: magic
Then look for mona and jay Japan HD

Just beautiful! You are such a beautiful bride! I LOVE your dimple! ;)

Where did you get your parasols? They are great!

That was so sweet of your parents making breakfast for everyone. I'm glad your dad was able to get shoes, I know I probably would have flipped out :rotfl:

I absolutely love seeing other Epcot weddings! The colors of your wedding were so beautiful! The parasols your bridesmaids had is the exact one I used at my wedding :goodvibes I saw your video on Stan's site, everything turned out amazing. There was a limo fiasco before we arrived for pictures at Epcot, so only the guys got to ride the limo into the World Showcase; I'm so jealous that you got to do it!

I can't wait to see more!!

Wow - everything looks just beautiful. Your ceremony was in a perfect location. I am partial to Epcot being an Epcot Italy bride. Anyway, your colors are just beautiful and your bouquet was perfect. I can see a Mickey bracelet peaking out in the picture with your bouquet. Can you let me know which one it is and where you got it. It looks great. Walking out to the music from Star Wars was also great. I love it when couples add their own special touch to their wedding.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

Just beautiful! You are such a beautiful bride! I LOVE your dimple! ;)

Where did you get your parasols? They are great!

Thanks your so sweet! We ordered the parasols online at http://asianideas.com/ The prices are super reasonable and we got it fairly quickly. It took about a week to get them.

That was so sweet of your parents making breakfast for everyone. I'm glad your dad was able to get shoes, I know I probably would have flipped out :rotfl:

I absolutely love seeing other Epcot weddings! The colors of your wedding were so beautiful! The parasols your bridesmaids had is the exact one I used at my wedding :goodvibes I saw your video on Stan's site, everything turned out amazing. There was a limo fiasco before we arrived for pictures at Epcot, so only the guys got to ride the limo into the World Showcase; I'm so jealous that you got to do it!

I can't wait to see more!!

It was your planning journal that helped me decide for sure that I wanted to go with the parasols vs flowers. You see we spent all this time going to various asian markets around seattle, but they were all around 20 dollars a parasol. Don't get me wrong it's a lot cheaper then flowers, but that was one more thing I would have to make sure to bring for the wedding. However it was the link that provided that made it super affordable, and hands down easy for me to just go with the parasols.
We got to ride into the World Showcase too because I was running a little late getting my makeup done. But it worked out for the best, because that was really the reason why I felt all princess like too.

Wow - everything looks just beautiful. Your ceremony was in a perfect location. I am partial to Epcot being an Epcot Italy bride. Anyway, your colors are just beautiful and your bouquet was perfect. I can see a Mickey bracelet peaking out in the picture with your bouquet. Can you let me know which one it is and where you got it. It looks great. Walking out to the music from Star Wars was also great. I love it when couples add their own special touch to their wedding.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

Hi Linda,
I totally love looking at everyones Epcot ceremony too. I actaully got that bracelet as a valentine's day gift like 4 years ago from my DH. But it's from swarovski and I know he got it at the store in the mall.

Everything looks great! LOVE the colors!

Thanks so much! You know what's so funny I totally love pink as a color, but there's a story to why i choose green and brown as accent colors as well. After we got engaged we went to San Diego to visit my extended family there. Well while we were there, we went shopping and I found a totally cute Roxy tote that had those colors on there. That's when I said this is going to be the colors for our wedding

Absolutely gorgeous! I reckon these are the best photos I've seen :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter