Moonlight Magic AK

We canceled. Waited as long as we could, but our home, travel path and WDW all in the cone. We'll be back in a few months ... 8-)
🤞Hoping MM goes on as planned, have fun, be safe
We also cancelled. We go to Orlando 4-6 times a year, have been to a few Moonlight Madnesses, and were not particularly impressed with the last DAK MM we went to in 2019. (Probably our least favorite MM.)

We currently are at Portofino Bay and will do one more night at Riviera before heading home on Tuesday. Our next trip is the week after Thanksgiving - split between POFQ, VB, and VGF. That's only 2 months away.

For us, it just doesn't make sense spending another 4 nights in Orlando with it likely pouring every day.

Here's the latest weather report from the NBC local news - I'm going to wait until Tuesday to cancel our Kidani reservation (because I'm a hopeless optimist), but it's not looking good for Wednesday night.

This storm is 500 miles wide. If you fast-forward to 2:11 you can see the impact at 11 pm Wednesday.,

WESH News

They've already started shutting things down 28 Sep through 30 Sept. (Not the parks, yet, though AFAIK)
So far: Typhoon Lagoon, Winter Summerland Minature Golf and Fantasia Gardens Miniature golf.
As well as: Disney Fort Wilderness Resort& Campground, Copper Creek Cabins, Tree House Villas at SSR and the Bungalowas at the Polynesian Village Resort.

We drove down today, super easy to get in. Gas stations all have fuel.

honestly it’s business as usual for now. I expect Parks to remain open Tue and Wednesday, Thursday for now looks up in the air

wed could be a shortened day but also tbd for now

We drove down today, super easy to get in. Gas stations all have fuel.

honestly it’s business as usual for now. I expect Parks to remain open Tue and Wednesday, Thursday for now looks up in the air.
Yes, business usual at the moment. We've been here a few nights. But Monday night is our last. Heading home Tuesday morning, hoping "evacuation traffic" does not start on Tuesday.

Irma was the same time as a MM at AK - what was that 5 year ago? Our generator got fried and I was glad we had the Kidani reservation for the party.

I haven't cancelled the room yet, my husband thinks I'm just nuts, but I've got another day to save the points. ;-)

The track now (for me, the most frustrating thing about hurricanes is that you don't know where the heck it's actually going) has it coming in around Sarasota and moving west of Disney.

2pm.JPG1664306295439.png

ETA - BTW - The airport is closing at 10:30 am tomorrow (Wednesday).

Last edited:
The parks will be closed… so I guess no MM. but the last few days in the parks were fun! I’m here until Friday, we will see how this goes!
Hang in there!!! At least you know you're in a safe place and I'm sure they're planning some fun things while you're stuck indoors.

The new map is worse...I'm not going to post it. Maybe the 11 pm map will be better. In the mean time, batten down the hatches!!

And everybody who is already at WDW, make sure your weather/emergency apps know where you are so you can get the proper alerts and warnings.

Stay safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter