More Contemporary Gossip!

Wishful thinking - was wondering if they could break out of the standard method of operation & temporarily "convert" a few floors of the Tower & South Garden units into DVC accommodations. Would get around the % requirement for TS sales (ala AKV)

In my mind's eye, there are enough fans to "settle" for the current hotel rooms; pending the devleopment of new resort. Think "value" rooms/points ala BW standard in the existing buildings.

Once the new tower is erected; they'd switch out some of it's rooms to allow the resort to also use the building...thereby gaining back the lost units.:idea:

where's the suggestion box?;)

While its a nice thought, it won't happen. Remember, Disney is trying to make money. Makes no sense to spend the money plus the legal wrangling they would have to go through. My understanding is that the AKV sales is going at a pretty good clip. No incentive to speed up CRV (assuming it is in the plans).

Wishful thinking - was wondering if they could break out of the standard method of operation & temporarily "convert" a few floors of the Tower & South Garden units into DVC accommodations. Would get around the % requirement for TS sales (ala AKV)
I don't see them temporarily converting a few floors of the Tower and some South Garden Wing rooms into DVC rooms, because that would mean less accomodations for non DVC members. Besides considering they just renovated all those rooms, they would have to renovate them to look like a DVC villa and renovate them back to the way they are now since it would only be temporary.

Plus it's hard enough to make reservations at the Contemporary and a lot harder the North Garden Wing gone, by taking out more rooms that leaves even less regular guest rooms available.

I don't see them temporarily converting a few floors of the Tower and some South Garden Wing rooms into DVC rooms, because that would mean less accomodations for non DVC members. Besides considering they just renovated all those rooms, they would have to renovate them to look like a DVC villa and renovate them back to the way they are now since it would only be temporary.

Plus it's hard enough to make reservations at the Contemporary and a lot harder the North Garden Wing gone, by taking out more rooms that leaves even less regular guest rooms available.

since the north bldg. has been gone, it is indeed more difficult to book a room...although i've found that @ 1 month out many of the convention rooms tend to open up...albiet @ rack rate.

I don't think they'd need to do a thing to the rooms, market them as "DVC Lite":laughing:

I shall continue to have "nice thoughts" though;) popcorn:: from my lips to DVCs ears:wizard:

When the tower was designed, they had it so the rooms could be like pods that could be physically removed from the A-frame and then be replaced with upgraded rooms. It was a pretty radical idea. But the building didn't settle the way they expected it to. So 20 years later they discovered the rooms were stuck. And they can't remove them without threatening the entire structure.

The building also has a number of design flaws that has lead to electrical and plumbing problems that are practically impossible to correct at this point. Otherwise I assure you that Disney would love to remodel and renovate those tower rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter