Moving Forward... More DVC.

Yeah

I hope its kinda like things are now, my fear is if DVC member got more benefits and setting aside more theme park land only for them

Yeah

I hope its kinda like things are now, my fear is if DVC member got more benefits and setting aside more theme park land only for them
Yep agree, but I'm sure they said somewhere before that the Marriot (or whatever it is there at Gardenwalk) is already permitted for Timeshare so it wouldn't take up any more real estate, but i could also see them build something into the 3rd gate park, that maybe connects the two areas (over Katella) putting a hotel over a tunnel so as to not take up too much space, & also connect them.. also maybe a good spot for a Skyliner station from the new parking lot.? :)

I still just want to know where exactly we'll need to park when staying at the Grand Californian after all of this new stuff is built. I honestly don't care for using valet so I'll be bummed if it's forced upon us.

I wonder if they will convert any rooms at Pixar Hotel into DVC at some point.

I still just want to know where exactly we'll need to park when staying at the Grand Californian after all of this new stuff is built. I honestly don't care for using valet so I'll be bummed if it's forced upon us.

I wonder if they will convert any rooms at Pixar Hotel into DVC at some point.
I posted this is another thread, part of the agreement is that Pixar hotel will not add DVC component for at least 20 years.

I posted this is another thread, part of the agreement is that Pixar hotel will not add DVC component for at least 20 years.
Is that "agreement" the DVC buyers' contract? Is that provision designed to prevent the "dilution" of value of buy-ins at the Disneyland and Grand Californian hotels? Sorry, I know little about how DVC works.

Is that "agreement" the DVC buyers' contract? Is that provision designed to prevent the "dilution" of value of buy-ins at the Disneyland and Grand Californian hotels? Sorry, I know little about how DVC works.
The documents that Disney presented that outlines the whole Disneyland forward proposal to the city of Anaheim. Part of the agreement with Anaheim is they will not add a DVC component to Pixar Hotel for at least 20 years.

Any new hotel will have a DVC component.

I totally hear you on this one! Self-parking for the Grand Cal is already quite squeezed, huh? Oh, my.

On top of avoiding valet, our trucks are too tall for most garages, including Mickey & Friends. So, we always park in the regular lots rather than garages. Or, we drive our oldest vehicle which is of parking-friendly size & height. (I stress oldest as that is becoming a common word in our discussions regarding that vehicle. Whenever I report a new squeak, rattle, engine noise or such, my husband reminds me how old the poor thing is. He seems to justify "falling apart" with "aging." It might be true ... but still hurts to consider.)

I hadn't thought of height restrictions. We have only stayed at the Grand Californian once so far and didn't have a car. We will this summer though since we're driving. We'll be in a truck and I hope we can just part in the self-parking across the street!

I hadn't thought of height restrictions. We have only stayed at the Grand Californian once so far and didn't have a car. We will this summer though since we're driving. We'll be in a truck and I hope we can just part in the self-parking across the street!
It should be quite a while before you wont be able to park across the street. :)

It should be quite a while before you wont be able to park across the street. :)

I don't know...I feel like the parking lots will be the first things to go. We shall see though! I know I'm safe for this June though. (Unless the lot is full? Not sure how often that happens.)

True. I haven't brushed up on all things DF yet so besides the hotel parking...are they getting rid of any existing theme park parking lots?

They're pretty much getting rid of all the parking lots. That's where all the new parkland will go. It'll be replaced with the huge 17,000 space parking garage. DLH and Paradise Pier look like in the renderings will keep/expand their garages.....but who knows for sure at this point.

Are they planning to keep the Toy Story lot or is that changing to something else?
The Toy Story lot is planned to become a shopping district like Disney Springs with hotels. The reason it's shopping and not theme park is to cater to business travelers from the convention center.

This could obviously change, but that's the rumor for now. Theme park expansion will take place in the parking lots around DLH and PP, either as a new park or connected to DL and DCA via pedestrian bridges over Disneyland Drive (like the one in Downtown Disney.

As someone else noted, a massive parking structure is planned for the east side of Harbor behind the Tropicana area.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter