• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moving Forward... More DVC.

For the last year people have been speculating on DIS boards at what point would Disney "Convert" Pixar Pier to DVC, I think this answers the question. I wouldn't base anything on what the renderings show (another tower at Pixar Pier Hotel for example), as they are purely conceptual. Disney will build another 1300+ hotel rooms most likely as part of the project, some of which will be DVC (as they've already said), no one knows where/what though, except they won't ask to convert Pixar Pier to DVC for at least 20 years.
Renderings is all we have 🤣. Gotta go off something. Like that avatar blue sky rendering has everyone going about location beyond DF.

My guess would be a new DVC tower at Pixar. It makes sense as the VDH tower is sold out. I can see yet another parking structure built expanded from the existing Pixar structure to accommodate all three hotels/dvc.

edit;
this is what I'd propose if Disney where to ask me to blue sky DF and beyond :D

DF-Transport.DVCPixar.Explanade2.jpg

Last edited:
I absolutely think that Toy Story will be a 3rd gate. I would think Disney would also buy Gardenwalk. (Last time we walked through Gardenwalk, it was very cluttered and filled with random stuff all over. It was not a good look) I am wondering if the Gardenwalk area would either become another hotel or another DTD area. Maybe DTD east or something. Then they could have a flyover from the garden walk area to the new 3rd gate and also over to the new parking garage behind Tropicana. Maybe a peoplemover would connect them all?

I also feel like extending DCA and DL over by the Pixar Place and DLH would seem very odd. It would not surprise me if they extended DTD to those areas. Or even add a water park in the Simba parking lot. And make the DLR more of a destination like WDW.

It will be interesting to see how much the plans change….

See, I think the opposite, just based on the artwork they've put out. Seems like they want to extend DCA and DL into the area around the current hotels. Essentially making both parks bigger. And then put another hotel and more shopping over where the Toy Story lot is.

I'd love it if they had a proper 3rd park but I just don't know if I see it happening.

I'm curious to see what they end up releasing at D23.

I could see them not adding a 3rd gate because of money. But it would feel like a waste because Toy Story lot is such a big area! I don’t know. I hope whatever they do, it is done well and not just slapped together.

I really do think they are trying to make DLR a destination, where people stay a lot longer than 2-3 days. More like WDW. I think to do that, even if they extend the parks over by Pixar Place and DLH, they need a 3rd gate as well.

See, I think the opposite, just based on the artwork they've put out. Seems like they want to extend DCA and DL into the area around the current hotels. Essentially making both parks bigger. And then put another hotel and more shopping over where the Toy Story lot is.

I'd love it if they had a proper 3rd park but I just don't know if I see it happening.

I'm curious to see what they end up releasing at D23.
Very curious for D23 to really amp up things on Friday and Saturday Honda nights.

My thinking is DTD will be either absorbed into the two lands or more likely a super resort destination to support the three hotels+convention centers with

ToyStory lot becoming DisneySprings-West to support Anaheim convention center and surrounding hotel; build Disney hotel with remaining outstanding hotel rooms for 'moderate' Pop Star level - connect all this via skyliner.

Very curious for D23 to really amp up things on Friday and Saturday Honda nights.

My thinking is DTD will be either absorbed into the two lands or more likely a super resort destination to support the three hotels+convention centers with

ToyStory lot becoming DisneySprings-West to support Anaheim convention center and surrounding hotel; build Disney hotel with remaining outstanding hotel rooms for 'moderate' Pop Star level - connect all this via skyliner.
That's what I'm wondering...what will happen to DtD if they do the Toy Story expansion with shopping and dining? I am leaning toward your second guess. I think it'll still exist as a dining and shopping destination so it can serve the main resorts and other day guests. It'll be interesting to see what happens!

That's what I'm wondering...what will happen to DtD if they do the Toy Story expansion with shopping and dining? I am leaning toward your second guess. I think it'll still exist as a dining and shopping destination so it can serve the main resorts and other day guests. It'll be interesting to see what happens!
Yeah; more likely the latter would be my guess to be in the bubble, but outside the parks themselves.

I also would LOVE to see Gardenview bought by Disney as a bridge between the garage and ToyStory lot -- make it a Fremont Street level attraction with ziplines from the garage to Disney Springs-West along with the skyliner route. That would be complete entertainment+ outside the parks. To make DLR a 5+ day adventure.

Yeah; more likely the latter would be my guess to be in the bubble, but outside the parks themselves.

I also would LOVE to see Gardenview bought by Disney as a bridge between the garage and ToyStory lot -- make it a Fremont Street level attraction with ziplines from the garage to Disney Springs-West along with the skyliner route. That would be complete entertainment+ outside the parks. To make DLR a 5+ day adventure.
Yep, that’s the only thing that really makes sense. Building a shopping district farther away and next to another one is just insane, makes zero sense.

Extending DL & DCA into those lots and also keeping DTD in the middle with DLH in the middle makes nothing but good sense. IMO

D23 will be interesting to see if they announce anything about Disneyland Forward. I have to be pessimistic though. The last two D23's they've announced a lot for the parks that never came to fruition. They've already put off the Tomorrowland project the last couple of times. They have also announced two ride concepts for the same spot at Avengers Campus - still nothing has started construction.

D23 will be interesting to see if they announce anything about Disneyland Forward. I have to be pessimistic though. The last two D23's they've announced a lot for the parks that never came to fruition. They've already put off the Tomorrowland project the last couple of times. They have also announced two ride concepts for the same spot at Avengers Campus - still nothing has started construction.
Yeah, given how preliminary the publicly released DF plans have been so far ("Here are some areas we're building in other parks. Maybe we'll put them at DLR, or maybe we won't."), I'm not optimistic about anything like hard details coming out of D23. But it sure would be great if it happened, since the City Council's action has brought renewed attention to the project and everyone's eager to see some specifics!

If they don't drop a boatload of stuff at d23...

I know you're not a fan of gp being the potential, but that makes the most sense in logistics, size and merchandising.
After seeing the concept art they put out, it really looks like that's their plan but I'm holding out hope that it's not!
I agree i definitely DO NOT want that, but honestly I’m not seeing the sense to put it there.
In your scenario does the bears head stay on top of the mountain from the “wine country” side? Or does that side turn into Pandora as well?
I think the southwest corner lot by Pixar Place hotel lot makes way more sense… after they build the new lot across Harbor.
Hopefully we’ll get all the info at D23.

They pretty much confirmed Avatar was going to be in the Disneyland Forward expansion at the last city council meeting.
The wording is the important part right…
1. “IN” the expansion?
2. part of the expansion?
3. The expansion needs to be approved before we can build it.

I think it only seems like it makes sense because the trees are already there which make it feel right, but pine trees are not in Pandora, so it all would have to get removed/scraped away anyway.

Pandora could all be a ruse and pr stunt for DF too, but I don't think so.

They need time to develop DF with 5+ years before anything there happens. DCA desperately needs addition prior to show---hence pandora.
Yes, DCA desperately needs ride capacity. They need a multi attraction Pandora PLUS the new Avengers ride ASAP.

I hope they can somehow keep Monsters Inc. I really like the ride and the park needs family friendly things for young kids. I know it won't happen, but it would be wonderful if Monsters Inc. could somehow be moved.

Yes, DCA desperately needs ride capacity. They need a multi attraction Pandora PLUS the new Avengers ride ASAP.

I hope they can somehow keep Monsters Inc. I really like the ride and the park needs family friendly things for young kids. I know it won't happen, but it would be wonderful if Monsters Inc. could somehow be moved.
Talk about not fitting .. Pandora in that corner of Hollywood makes no fit sense. Perhaps punching out the theatre, seating area and the backlog may get a small Pandora in there but very narrow area

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter