My blood is about to boil

From previous threads, I think her husband and parents are the reason for her losing weight. Personally, If my husband pressured me to lose weight I’d look him dead in the eye and order a pizza but that’s just me 😬

You don't know the whole story. Maybe she was having health issues related to being overweight. My husband and I, a LONG time ago, promised to keep each other "in check" when it comes to weight and health. We promised each other that we would not let ourselves go in that way, because health and longevity are both very important to us, especially because we have special needs kids to look out for long term. We both have parents who let themselves go, and it cost my father in law his life at a very young age (56...he had uncontrolled T2 diabetes as a result of poor eating habits and a refusal to take his diabetes seriously). My husband's sister and brother are both morbidly obese and have full blown T2 diabetes as well, and are heading down the same path as their father. My husband refuses to end up like them. We both have upper weight limits (self imposed) that we won't let ourselves go beyond. It's not about vanity. It's about the fact that we are both short people and excess weight means we are not taking care of ourselves. And just for the record, the upper limits are VERY reasonable (at the borderline between "overweight" and "obese", BMI wise). We are not trying to stay stick thin. I wear a size 10, and DH is a 34" waist. If I decide I don't care and my weight goes above my maximum and I don't take action, and my DH says something to me about it, I won't be offended at all. It will give me the push to do what I need to do.

I'm pretty sure the OP has worked hard and lost alot of weight. I think that gives her the right to her own feelings about her size.

Food for thought, there are alot of young girls and women who are already having a hard time feeling like they have to live up to the standards of weight and body image set by society. We don't need these girls thinking that a size 6 is plus.

It will be beneficial to all young girls and women of ALL sizes if we stop treating "plus size" as an insult.

From previous threads, I think her husband and parents are the reason for her losing weight. Personally, If my husband pressured me to lose weight I’d look him dead in the eye and order a pizza but that’s just me 😬
It's funny that we read the same posts, but appear to have very different impressions of her DH. Her parents do appear to be very controlling. Unfortunately, when you have to depend on someone financially, that often happens. It's too bad they need their help.

ETA: I should add that I don't know her parents. This is simply my perception of the situation based on what I've read. I may be totally wrong.

Last edited:

My dad is the one pushing and yes unfortunately he pays for the house that dh and live in and he said he would blam me if i became dibetic and ironically we are i8n a constant and i am at 26,726 steps as I speak but i am glad he pushed me i lost the pounds and my workouts and volunteer postion is now very easy

Everybody is overweight. It’s the new normal.

If you want to see your fat, just jump in front of a mirror. I do this whenever I want to feel bad.

Everybody is overweight. It’s the new normal.

If you want to see your fat, just jump in front of a mirror. I do this whenever I want to feel bad.

Tell me sbout it i still have a stomach to lose but i think just doing more abe work will do the trick i dont think i need to go down a size

and i agree with the poster it should just be numbers no need to add shame by saying its a plus size

The term Plus Size has been around for decades, since the 20's and 30's. They were created and marketed for the larger woman and there was nothing shameful about it.
People are too sensitive nowadays. I worked in a Plus Size clothing store when I was younger. There were no sizes under 14 in that store and the women who shopped there were far from ashamed of it.

My dad is the one pushing and yes unfortunately he pays for the house that dh and live in and he said he would blam me if i became dibetic and ironically we are i8n a constant and i am at 26,726 steps as I speak but i am glad he pushed me i lost the pounds and my workouts and volunteer postion is now very easy

Just be VERY careful that you don't over do it and end up with an eating disorder or an unhealthy view of weight loss/exercise. You seem to post an awful lot about working out, being "oveweight" and needing to lose weight. There is such a thing as losing too much weight and not feeding your body what it needs for fuel and that is a very dangerous thing.

The term Plus Size has been around for decades, since the 20's and 30's. They were created and marketed for the larger woman and there was nothing shameful about it.
People are too sensitive nowadays. I worked in a Plus Size clothing store when I was younger. There were no sizes under 14 in that store and the women who shopped there were far from ashamed of it.

I was that is what got me into the gym
Did someone actually call you overweight?? I sure hope not, Tink. :hug:

No thsnk God

You don't know the whole story. Maybe she was having health issues related to being overweight. My husband and I, a LONG time ago, promised to keep each other "in check" when it comes to weight and health. We promised each other that we would not let ourselves go in that way, because health and longevity are both very important to us, especially because we have special needs kids to look out for long term. We both have parents who let themselves go, and it cost my father in law his life at a very young age (56...he had uncontrolled T2 diabetes as a result of poor eating habits and a refusal to take his diabetes seriously). My husband's sister and brother are both morbidly obese and have full blown T2 diabetes as well, and are heading down the same path as their father. My husband refuses to end up like them. We both have upper weight limits (self imposed) that we won't let ourselves go beyond. It's not about vanity. It's about the fact that we are both short people and excess weight means we are not taking care of ourselves. And just for the record, the upper limits are VERY reasonable (at the borderline between "overweight" and "obese", BMI wise). We are not trying to stay stick thin. I wear a size 10, and DH is a 34" waist. If I decide I don't care and my weight goes above my maximum and I don't take action, and my DH says something to me about it, I won't be offended at all. It will give me the push to do what I need to do.

If that’s what you and your husband decided then that’s great and works for your situation. My husband likes me big, and, since I have monthly bloodwork, I know that all my numbers are just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter