My fears came true... Fp availibility at 60 days has definitely changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too couldn't get a fast pass at the 60 day mark for FOP. I was up at 4:55 AM and it was gone right away. Looks like a rope drop, which can still be an hour wait.

We check in Sunday and did ours 60 days out and got everything we wanted for the week .. although I get motion sickness and have no interest in the new ride so that wasn’t a big deal . We also use the GA pass so it helps a bit . We are not all day park people .. we typically only do about half a day then enjoy other activities though . Good luck !!

We are there for 10 days at the end of May. I booked my FP’s almost 2 weeks ago and I was able to get FOP for both of my AK days (1st was 60+3) and SDMT for all 3 if our MK days. I did not try for FEA bc we opted for Test Track on both of our Epcot says.

I did ours this past Saturday for last week of May and some of the first week of June and had no issue getting what I wanted including FOP, 7DMT, Soarin and Frozen. I booked FOP as our last day, seems to be the trick is to go as far out as your trip allows to get fp for FOP.

Yeah - I saw absolutely no difference for my upcoming trips . . . . frankly, I found this easier than last year. What you described sounds pretty status quo.

First week of June is going to be super busy because many thought TSL would be open and booked for then.

When we decided this next trip a couple of weeks ago, I struggled with hotel availability until the 2nd full week of June.

Interesting. This has not been our experience. We actually had better options for many rides for our upcoming trip than we have had in the past. No issues getting SDMT, FEA and FOP when we wanted them for our trip in May.

We check in Sunday and did ours 60 days out and got everything we wanted for the week .. although I get motion sickness and have no interest in the new ride so that wasn’t a big deal . We also use the GA pass so it helps a bit . We are not all day park people .. we typically only do about half a day then enjoy other activities though . Good luck !!
what is a GA pass?

We’re going second week of May and securing fast passes this year was easier than last year. Got everything we wanted and then we tweaked it a little bit to get times closer to what we had hoped for. ;)

I will be going in August and the most important one for us is Alien Saucers, followed by Slinky Dog. We already assume we will have to go to DHS twice to FP both of those, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can get them on the days I have ADRs at the Studios. We have spent a lot of time at AK in the past few trips, so I don’t have to worry about Pandora FP this time around. Looking forward to reading everyone’s experiences with booking.

We have been staying on property at WDW on the same dates at the beginning of June for 12 years. I have never had any problem getting the fp I want at the time I want them at 7am at the 60 day mark until a couple of days ago. I was worried that since they opened the 60 day advance fp booking to the off property hotels that it would be more difficult to get fastpasses. Well, my fears came true! I couldn't believe the difference in this year and last year! I had a hard time with finding fp on the days and times I need them for the whole week!

I haven't seen many posts about others noticing the difference between previous year's fp availability and this year's lack of. Has anyone else noticed the difference? It's so frustrating!
I agree, I had a trip planned for earlier that I ended up having to cancel...rescheduled and just made fastpasses today for the beginning of June and had a much harder time than before. I think it also has to do with some being able to make them up to 90 days in advance (club level that pay right?) as well as more being able to book at 60 days.

Reactions: Iya
I didn’t have a problem booking FoP FPs 60 days out for 4 consecutive days for next month using the rolling booking window

What is a rolling booking window?

If your tickets are part of a package, you cannot practice. If your tickets were bought separately or if you have AP, you can look at what is available.

Interesting. I assume you can look and have an chance to back out before confirming? What happens if I accidentally book a FP for a day that I'm not going?

What is a rolling booking window?
For every onsite stay, the 60-day FP Booking window continues to roll forward each day. It rolls until a Guest is at his onsite resort and fully checks out of his room. It’s a nice perk if you have another upcoming stay especially if it’s offsite.

I was researching for a guest to see if FoP was available at exactly 60 days out.

The only FP that had less availability than I was expecting for early May was 7DMT on 60+1. It was only available on the afternoon. But other than that my experience was similar to last year.

We have been staying on property at WDW on the same dates at the beginning of June for 12 years. I have never had any problem getting the fp I want at the time I want them at 7am at the 60 day mark until a couple of days ago. I was worried that since they opened the 60 day advance fp booking to the off property hotels that it would be more difficult to get fastpasses. Well, my fears came true! I couldn't believe the difference in this year and last year! I had a hard time with finding fp on the days and times I need them for the whole week!

I haven't seen many posts about others noticing the difference between previous year's fp availability and this year's lack of. Has anyone else noticed the difference? It's so frustrating!
I don't think most are having more problems so that's likely why you aren't seeing many posts. In general it's been easier to get FP, they are dumping more FP in the queue.
My 60 days opened on Tues. I had to book FPs for 9 people and I got everything we wanted and all for early in the day. FOP 3 different days, 7DMT 3 times, FEA (just once but only wanted it once). Maybe I was lucky, who knows. The only one I couldn't get was TSM but those aren't available to anyone right now. However, we have 8 day hoppers and I didn't try booking FOP til the last 3 days of our trip.
I booked for our trip at the first of June and didn't have any trouble getting all our FP either. I'm finding the complete opposite of OP, I'm finding FP easier to get, or the same. Not harder for sure. So I say you aren't lucky, the OP just hit a run of bad luck

I also expect club level extra fast passes to play into this as well. If they can pay extra to make 3 extra fast passes and make their regular fast passes at 90 days from their check out day, that will definitely reduce the supply a bit.....

I agree, I had a trip planned for earlier that I ended up having to cancel...rescheduled and just made fastpasses today for the beginning of June and had a much harder time than before. I think it also has to do with some being able to make them up to 90 days in advance (club level that pay right?) as well as more being able to book at 60 days.

And I don't think CL guests being able to buy extra FP has one whit to do with it. Do y'all really think there are that many guests willing to fork over $150 each to get extra FP? I sure don't. Some for sure but enough to make any significant dent in available FP? No way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter