New Disney Book - The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World

DznyLvr2005

DIS Veteran
Went to Barnes and Noble the other day and found a new Disney book all about the parks and attractions! It's brand new just released this year and is really interesting. It's by Susan Veness and it's not that expensive either, $13. Check it out! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the information. I'm always looking for something new to read about my favorite place.

Thank for the tip. I just ordered it from Barnes & Noble. I can't wait to get it.

Thanks for sharing! I've been thinking I need a good new book to help with the vacation-is-over disappointment :lmao: Off to find this! :)

Thanks for sharing! I've been thinking I need a good new book to help with the vacation-is-over disappointment :lmao: Off to find this! :)

I believe I remember reading here on the DIS that this was written by someone who used to be a Moderator here on the DIS.

Went to Barnes and Noble the other day and found a new Disney book all about the parks and attractions! It's brand new just released this year and is really interesting. It's by Susan Veness and it's not that expensive either, $13. Check it out! :thumbsup2
how were you able to get the book already? According to borders and barnes and nobles it doesn't come out until June 18.

Is it out for sure? We are going shopping tomorrow for books to read on our flight. This would be great if I could find it. I can't afford to run to a lot of different bookstores though. Which one did you get it at?

I bought this book a few weeks ago at Barnes and Noble. I LOVE it so far! Lots of great things I didn't know about. I plan on bringing it with me on my June trip!

I was just like the OP- I always check the travel section and almost jumped and yelled happily that there was a new WDW book! haha It's really great- I wasn't sure if it would have anything new in it, but there was a lot I hadn't heard of before! I recommend it!

Whats it about?

It's about little things that make WDW special. Like the fact that the morse code heard at the Frontierland train station is the speech Walt gave to open Disneyland. There are lots of things like that- it's a great book to find little, very interesting things that you may not have known before.

Thanks for the info... I am going to order mine tonight.... I have been waiting for a good Disney book to come out.. :cheer2:

We are going to stop by our small mall bookstore tomorrow. I really hope that they have this book. If not, do you think I'll be able to pick it up at the parks?

The new book is really good. I just bought it a couple days ago and I finished it today. There were a lot of things that I've already heard before or knew about but there are also a whole bunch of things I had no idea about.

We have our copy! Have not read it yet, myself (DH is reading it first).

Susan used to be a DIS Moderator by the name of Cleo. You can find her still over on our board "The Think Tank" - she is also a webmaster there. Follow the link in my siggie....and happy reading! I have heard the book is just fabulous! :yay:

I was just like the OP- I always check the travel section and almost jumped and yelled happily that there was a new WDW book! haha It's really great- I wasn't sure if it would have anything new in it, but there was a lot I hadn't heard of before! I recommend it!

It's about little things that make WDW special. Like the fact that the morse code heard at the Frontierland train station is the speech Walt gave to open Disneyland. There are lots of things like that- it's a great book to find little, very interesting things that you may not have known before.

Sounds cool, thanks.

how were you able to get the book already? According to borders and barnes and nobles it doesn't come out until June 18.

Typically, the publisher sets a provisional date for publication, but they are always only a guess-timate, as delivery, distribution and actually stocking a new book can vary by weeks in some cases. Happily, Susan's book benefited from quick publishing and distribution (we were actually amazed it came out quite so soon!), hence people who pre-ordered are getting their copies sooner than the estimates and (some) bookstores have also received supplies.

As you can tell, as Susan's DH I am as proud as punch that the book has made an immediate splash as I saw all the hard work and dedication she put into it. As CarolAnnC points out ( :thumbsup2 and :wave2: Carol!), Susan used to spend a LOT of time here as a Mod but our workload over the last 2 years (especially hers!) has been fiendish, hence we read and post only rarely these days (which is no reflection on the DIS, just a sad fact of working life). Although I'm biased, I think the Hidden Magic is a wonderful read and Susan unearthed facts that even I never knew about (and I've been writing about Orlando and Disney for 15 years!), as well as getting Imagineer interviews that also provide great extra insights into the parks. Hopefully Disney fans will really enjoy this new book and find that additional element of appreciation of the parks which we have :)

(Oh, and you can see more about our range of travel-writing work Here!)

PS: Although nothing is arranged yet, we're hoping we can set up a book-signing session for Susan in Orlando this summer (but you didn't hear that from me! :rolleyes1 ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter