• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New goal, new me, new excitement!Angie's journal w/Charlo's notes(Motivators welcome)

gudrench3

Mouseketeer
:wave2: Hi!!! My name is Angie and I love WDW! I have some of my fondest memories there. I would go every year if I could afford it. I am kind of a rambler in my "writings" so please forgive me. This is my first journal...so I hope to go back to it often and update it often. I also hope to get my Aunt to join me on this joural since we live so far away, but she is my Disney World travelling buddy, so this will be good and fun for both of us. :)

I will post some pictures when I get home tonight. My higest weight is 215. :scared: I am currently down to 204. :banana: My goal is to get down to 140ish. I am in a size 16 currently and would love to get down to single digits. :) I plan to do this by eating out a lot less, cutting back my portion sizes and getting some exercise everyday. I'd also like to do a marathon at WDW some day. :)

So, here are my goals:

Short Term:
1) Get below 200 lbs before the end of January
2) Get into a size 14 by February
3) Workout 4 days this week:
4) Eat healthier this week
5) Decide not to eat out a couple of times this week

Long Term:
1) Get to down 140ish
2) Get into a size 8
3) Workout on a regualr basis and make it a routine (enjoy it)
4) Learn to love healthier foods and share them with others
5) Cook at home for every meal except one night a week
6) Prepare for a marathon at Disney World

Short Term:
1) Get below 200 lbs before the end of January ---> 204 lbs
2) Get into a size 14 by February ---> size 16 (pants are a bit loser)
3) Workout 4 days this week ---> haven't done anything yet :(
4) Eat healthier this week ---> going to the grocery store tonight to get healthy items
5) Decide not to eat out a couple of times this week ---> was sick, so I didn't eat much at home yesterday

My plan each post is to start with my ST goals and update them with how things went as of yesterday.

Notes:
This past weekend was horrible in the food and exercise category. I went to my hometown to see my best friend since kindergarten. Can you believe that we are still best friends? :) I feel so blessed to have her in my life still. She is going to have a little boy in a month. I'm so excited for her. But, I didn't eat very well and we didn't exercise at all. :( I'm a bit down on myself today, but I know it's just a matter of me starting over today. I was home sick yesterday, so I didn't do a lot of ecercise. I plan to walk today and eat a healthy dinner.

Short Term:
1) Get below 200 lbs before the end of January ---> 204 lbs
2) Get into a size 14 by February ---> size 16 (pants are a bit looser)
3) Workout 4 days this week ---> walked at work for a little bit (maybe a total of 15 miutes)
4) Eat healthier this week ---> didn't have the best day for food yesterday
5) Decide not to eat out a couple of times this week ---> yesterday, I did bring my lunch to work, so that's a start. :)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Yesterday was not a great day (health wise) for me. I didn't eat all that great and I didn't do all that much exercising. I kind of started feeling bad around 3 yesterday and went home after work and fell asleep on the couch. I woke up with a massive headache. I'm guessing it is from the cold front that blew in. I'm hoping today will be a better day.

Having short term goals is great. :thumbsup2 That is something that I should have done. :rolleyes1

Keep it up!
-nat

Short Term:
1) Get below 200 lbs before the end of January ---> 203 lbs -1 lb yay!!!
3) Workout 4 days this week ---> This weekend was pretty laid back, so I didn't do much for exercising. But, I have already done some exercise today. :)
4) Eat healthier this week ---> We have home made veggie burgers last night...they were so good.
5) Decide not to eat out a couple of times this week ---> We did pretty good this weekend, I think we only ate out once. And I had a salad at Olive Garden. Woo who!!!

hey there, thanks for getting me started on your new journey. i love the idea of blogging and keeping in touch with progress. keep strong, and drink those fluids. :banana::banana:

YAY!!! I'm so glad you joined the Disboards! You'll love it here! :) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you username too! :) I hope you are having a wonderful day today! I love you!!!:cool1:

Short Term:
1) Get below 200 lbs before the end of January ---> 203 lbs - still at the same weight...think positive, at least I didn't gain anything. :)
3) Workout 4 days this week ---> Last night I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill for an hour. I ran for a little little bit last night. Once I came home I had fruit and a smoothie for dinner.
4) Eat healthier this week ---> We've done okay at the healthy eating so far this week. If we eat out, it is generally a veggie subway sandwich, so that's not too bad.
5) Decide not to eat out a couple of times this week ---> We are working on this one. We didn't go to the grocery store this weekend, so we need to do that to have food to eat. Oh joy!!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful and Magical Wednesday. It's hump day. We've made it this far, surely we can get through the week. :)

1) Get below 200 lbs before the end of January ---> 201 lbs - I'm down 2 lbs today!!! I'm so close to hitting this mini goal! I can SO DO IT!!! Yay!!!! :dance3:
3) Workout 4 days this week ---> I didn't go to the gym yesterday because my foot and knee hurt. But, I have my workout clothes with me today, so my plan is to go right after work today.
4) Eat healthier this week ---> Last night we ate out and I left several bites of everything on my plate, so I left there satisfied and feeling so good. I'm drinking lots more water too, so that may be part of the weight loss.
5) Decide not to eat out a couple of times this week ---> Still haven't gone to the g store, so we'll probably just plan on going this weekend.

I hope that everyone is enjoying this Thursday. I'm having a GREAT day!!! :) :woohoo:

Hi Angie. I'm following your journal. I'm in maintenance now, but I lost about 40 over 18 months. Keep up the good work. You are close to being under 200!

Aw, thanks Amy! Haha, didn't think anyone was really paying any attention. But, I'm thrilled to have you aboard. WAY TO GO on your weight loss; that's so great!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: I'm so happy for you. How did you do it? How long have you been maintaining? Any tips you want to share with me?

what did i hear about more water? fantastic :cool1: keep up the good work.

Haha, thanks so much! :goodvibes How are you doing? I need to update this after my birthday weekend. I think I might have gone up just a bit, but I just had to have the chocolate cake. :thumbsup2

i am doing good. i got a plan out of a mag. and it is about combinations. carbs, fruit, dairy. need to walk some. if you would like to try, only meat at dinner. boco burgers, fish, chicken. can you have this. it s a little restricted but looking for new meals. :cutie:

i am doing good. i got a plan out of a mag. and it is about combinations. carbs, fruit, dairy. need to walk some. if you would like to try, only meat at dinner. boco burgers, fish, chicken. can you have this. it s a little restricted but looking for new meals. :cutie:

Very good missy! :) We have started doing the boca and morning star veggie burgers more and more. We are learning to like them. :)

1) Get below 200 lbs before the end of January ---> Well, it's February 1st and I weighed in this morning at exactly 200 lbs. So, I'm down another pound, but not under 200. I'm not going to let myself get down though because I am SO CLOSE to getting under 200 and I haven't seen this weight in quite some time. :woohoo:
3) Workout 4 days this week ---> I haven't been to the gym this week, but I did walk at lunch yesterday and am trying to walk several miles at the office today. It is snowing here, so I'm trying to not get out in it as much as possible.
4) Eat healthier this week ---> THis past weekend was my birthday, and I over did it a bit. I had the chocolate cake at Johnny Carino's. But, I didn't eat all of it, so I think that was good.
5) Decide not to eat out a couple of times this week ---> We went to the grocery store this weekend and bought so much food, so we now HAVE to eat it because I don't want to waste that money. Not sure what we will have tonight, but I can guarantee I won't be out driving to get something for dinner.

I hope everyone is keeping warm today. A large portion of the country is getting hit with some bad weather. I'm praying that everyone makes it through this storm okay. Stay warm and be careful! :)

1) NEW GOAL!!!! Get below 195 lbs before the end of February ---> Can you believe that February is almost half over already...I must have been sleeping in these first two weeks. Man!!! I am still at 200 lbs...I think the scale is playing games with me. Haha! It is my own fault because I have slacked a little on the exercise part. But, today is a new day and a new week and I'm back on it again. :) It's Valentine's Day...I hope everyone enjoys this day. :)
2) Get into a size 14 by February ---> size 16 (pants are a bit looser). My pants are definietly getting looser and looser. I have some older pants that say they are a size 16, but they are pants that I was unable to get into a few weeks ago. I tried them on, and I can actually button them now. :) They are still way to tight to be worn in public, but just the fact that I can pull them up is very motivating. I wonder if that means I'm really in a size 18 now and just have stretchy pants on?! :confused3 Oh well, the number says 16, so I'm going with that. I think that losing 5 lbs will really help those pants fit nicely. I carry most of my excess weight in my hips and thighs, so 5 lbs makes a lot of difference.
3) Workout 4 days this week ---> Well, I didn't go to the gym this weekend because I wasn't feeling good, but I do have plans of going tonight. I brought my clothes with me to the office so I can leave from here. Woo who!4) Eat healthier this week ---> We are doing really good with eating healthy right now. I feel like we have mastered this goal right now. I say we, and I mean my boyfriend Scott. We either try and make our food or we only eat at places that offer healthy options. Next week, I'm going to count this goal as accomplished. :)
5) Decide not to eat out a couple of times this week ---> We are doing so good here too...as long as we go to the g-store on the weekend and prepare for the meals for each week. We didn't do this this weekend because I didn't feel good, so I'll have to make a quick run tonight.

So, If you noticed, I have added another name to my title. Charlo is my sweet, dear aunt. She's so much closer than an aunt to me. She has really stepped in like a Mom to me when my mom passed. I invited her to WDW on a whim one year and she has been hooked ever since. :) We can't wait to go back together once they've made all the changes. We both want this trip to be our healthiest trip yet. :cool1: Is said healthiest...but skinniest would be great too. ;)

So, she will be posting from time to time on her progress as well. She's not on the computer all the time like I am, but 'm sure she'll keep us up-to-date on her progress. Love you Charlo! :)

1) NEW GOAL!!!! Get below 195 lbs before the end of February ---> Well this goal isn't happening because the end of February is 3 days away and I am in a major PLATEAU stuck at 200 lbs. Boo! I guess I should count my blessings in that I am not gaining anything. :)
2) Get into a size 14 by February ---> size 16 (pants are a bit looser). See response from #1...not happening yet.
3) Workout 4 days this week ---> I haven't felt very god all week, but last night I managed to walk/run on the treadmill for an hour. :scared1: Don't panic I walked for 55 minutes and only managed to run for a minute a time.
5) Decide not to eat out a couple of times this week ---> We have eaten out more this week than normally, so that isn't good. Maybe that is what is helping this plateau. :confused3 I plan to go to the store and have meals planned for the whole week.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!! It's FRIDAY!!!!:rotfl:

Hey there, I finally busted through my plateau of 200 lbs. Today I weighed in at 197 lbs...woo who!!! I'm so very excited. A co-worker told me that it could take up to an hour in the cardio zone to break through it...and boy was she right. :woohoo: I'm feeling so good today!!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!

Updates:
1) NEW GOAL!!!! Get below 195 lbs before the end of March ---> I am now at 197...woo who!!! I'd love to surpass this goal and possibly lose a few more before the end of March since today is only March 1st. :)
2) Get into a size 14 by March ---> I have been able to retire my largest pair of pants because they are just becoming to baggy for me. I have decided to keep them since they are my largest...and I never want to get back to them again. I can't wait until I can donate some of the other ones. Still in a size 16, but making progress all the time.
3) Workout 4 days this week ---> I've started off this week pretty well. I walked at work for 20 miutes and then went to the gym for about 45 minutes.
4) Eat healthier---> I've done really good in this area for the last couple of days. It feels so good when I've done good in the exercise and the food sides. :)

Until next time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter