• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
For anyone looking to travel once this is behind us (I really do hope that's soon!), I just booked flights on United for our trip late Dec/early Jan and the tickets were less than $125rt each which is much less than we've paid in a really long time. Anyway, just wanted to share with the group in case you're planning some upcoming travel to celebrate the end of this craziness!

So we ended up going outside to enjoy the weather yesterday!! DS wanted us to do an Easter egg hunt for him, so we did it a few times (he hid them on us too!!) Then he wanted to practice pitching, so I sat on the deck with a glass of wine and watched him! DD stayed inside playing video games. (Like mother, like daughter!) 😆 Did you guys do anything outdoors yesterday? I can’t wait until I can keep the windows open all day!!!

So we ended up going outside to enjoy the weather yesterday!! DS wanted us to do an Easter egg hunt for him, so we did it a few times (he hid them on us too!!) Then he wanted to practice pitching, so I sat on the deck with a glass of wine and watched him! DD stayed inside playing video games. (Like mother, like daughter!) 😆 Did you guys do anything outdoors yesterday? I can’t wait until I can keep the windows open all day!!!
Hi, we went out yesterday afternoon too! It was windy but felt nice to be outside. Played paddle ball with my daughter. We made that be kinda like "gym class" lol

Good morning everyone! I am also looking forward to being able to open the windows to get fresh air in the house - can't wait for the warmer spring weather to arrive. We try to get outside as much as we can for a change of scenery and fresh air but it's been a bit chilly this week. A couple days a week, I take the kids on a drive, we have a picnic in the car, and they watch a movie in the backseat. They enjoy it as it's something different than what's become the new norm of being home all day. I believe Onward begins streaming on Disney+ today so that will probably be the movie of choice today. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and continues to stay safe and healthy!

I've got a May and a June trip planned that I haven't even considered canceling yet, I'm going with a wait and see attitude.

I like your optimism.

I think they're trying to curb the seasonal folks from quarantining at the shore and taxing your local resources. No beach or boardwalk might as well stay home. :-)

Unless you have a water view. ;) Don't flame me, just sayin.

Happy Friday, another week is almost over. I do have to say that time does seem to be moving along very quickly. I hope everyone is staying safe, social distancing and staying well. Can't wait for this to be over! :wizard:

I like your optimism.

Unless you have a water view. ;) Don't flame me, just sayin.

Happy Friday, another week is almost over. I do have to say that time does seem to be moving along very quickly. I hope everyone is staying safe, social distancing and staying well. Can't wait for this to be over! :wizard:

I agree! Time definitely seems to be going quickly! My kids are just finishing their third week of “home school.” We have not heard from our superintendent yet to let us know how much longer this will be. I am hoping by Sunday we will hear something. The kids have been doing great, thankfully. All they keep saying is they hope we can still go to Disney in the summer. I think we will be collectively upset if not, but I understand if we cannot.

This morning, I just added a second week to our fall trip, just in case we are not able to go this summer due to closure (since we still have points left over.) I hate taking the kids out of school so long, that’s why we have shortened our fall trips in the first place, but thankfully the teachers have been great and provide classwork the kids will miss.

Stay healthy everyone!

For anyone looking to travel once this is behind us (I really do hope that's soon!), I just booked flights on United for our trip late Dec/early Jan and the tickets were less than $125rt each which is much less than we've paid in a really long time. Anyway, just wanted to share with the group in case you're planning some upcoming travel to celebrate the end of this craziness!
I saw one in January for $68 rt. Having all this time home is making me plan a lot more trips, not sure they will actually happen.

I spent yesterday and this morning outside clearing out my raised beds getting ready for this years garden and trying unsuccessfully to play frisbee with the dogs, they don’t seem to understand frisbees and the wind don’t mix and kept looking at me like “Is that the best you can do?” :rotfl2:

Good morning everyone! I am also looking forward to being able to open the windows to get fresh air in the house - can't wait for the warmer spring weather to arrive. We try to get outside as much as we can for a change of scenery and fresh air but it's been a bit chilly this week. A couple days a week, I take the kids on a drive, we have a picnic in the car, and they watch a movie in the backseat. They enjoy it as it's something different than what's become the new norm of being home all day. I believe Onward begins streaming on Disney+ today so that will probably be the movie of choice today. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and continues to stay safe and healthy!

I have Onward on today’s to-do list. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter