New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
Just took a nice walk with DH in the park across the street from our home. It did wonders to lift my spirits, I was down in the dumps after listing to the news this morning. I suggest to anyone who can to go outside and enjoy some fresh air and sunshine, does wonders for the soul. :wizard:

I agree! Time definitely seems to be going quickly! My kids are just finishing their third week of “home school.” We have not heard from our superintendent yet to let us know how much longer this will be. I am hoping by Sunday we will hear something. The kids have been doing great, thankfully. All they keep saying is they hope we can still go to Disney in the summer. I think we will be collectively upset if not, but I understand if we cannot.

This morning, I just added a second week to our fall trip, just in case we are not able to go this summer due to closure (since we still have points left over.) I hate taking the kids out of school so long, that’s why we have shortened our fall trips in the first place, but thankfully the teachers have been great and provide classwork the kids will miss.

Stay healthy everyone!

Unfortunately I think this school year is gonna be a wrap, I don’t see them opening back up until September. ☹

Glad you found availability to add a week, it’s getting tough for fall trips.

Unfortunately I think this school year is gonna be a wrap, I don’t see them opening back up until September. ☹

Nnnnoooooo 😫 I’m not built for Home Schooling!! Going to need more wine 😂 I don’t know how people actually do this all the time!!

I have not listened to nor watched news today. We do walk Gus, but it’s just too windy for me to stay out for more than 5-10 minutes. My chiropractor told me that he planted lettuce seeds yesterday. I have to wait for a less blustery day!

Sorry, just realized I missed this part. Thanks! Was able to book at SSR for my home resort. 7 month mark comes soon, so we’re going to try to switch. Waiting for kids to let me know what resort they prefer and hopefully I can get it.

I have the News on all day. I feel like if i change it I’ll miss something important.

I usually have the news (FOX) on all day, my husband doesn't like it but I need to know what's going on. Lately I just can't take it and I find I'm much better off turning it off, going outside for a walk, reading a good book, doing something constructive around the house, cooking a good meal for dinner for better part of the day. I do tune in for the presidents update later in the day, might not watch the whole thing but get the gist of what's going on. We all have to find the best way for ourselves to deal with this situation. I sincerely hope this ends soon. I'm praying for our country, the world and our president. It seems there are those out there that want to take issue with the way he is handling this in the middle of the pandemic. I'm thinking there is a special place in H--l for them.

I hope all my fellow NJers will be safe and healthy. :wizard:

Nnnnoooooo I’m not built for Home Schooling!! Going to need more wine 😂 I don’t know how people actually do this all the time!!

My DD feels the same way! I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job and hopefully your children will look back on this time with found memories.

Stay healthy and safe. :wizard:

I usually have the news (FOX) on all day, my husband doesn't like it but I need to know what's going on. Lately I just can't take it and I find I'm much better off turning it off, going outside for a walk, reading a good book, doing something constructive around the house, cooking a good meal for dinner for better part of the day. I do tune in for the presidents update later in the day, might not watch the whole thing but get the gist of what's going on. We all have to find the best way for ourselves to deal with this situation. I sincerely hope this ends soon. I'm praying for our country, the world and our president. It seems there are those out there that want to take issue with the way he is handling this in the middle of the pandemic. I'm thinking there is a special place in H--l for them.

I hope all my fellow NJers will be safe and healthy. :wizard:

My DD feels the same way! I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job and hopefully your children will look back on this time with found memories.

Stay healthy and safe. :wizard:

FOX News here too!!! That’s all we watch! And I LOVE your thinking process! I’m right there with you!!!!!! 🇺🇸❤️ And thank you so much!!! I appreciate that! I’m sure you are as well. I just want things to get back to normal, for everyone!!!! Stay healthy!!!

Good morning! I watch a bit. I wish I had saved, not given away, the pirate scarves we get from DCL. I would have sewn some together to somehow make a face mask. Maybe I can find some, I hope so. I don’t think I have any other cotton material around. I suppose that’s my goal for today, see if I can come up with something.
Bobbi :)

Good morning! I watch a bit. I wish I had saved, not given away, the pirate scarves we get from DCL. I would have sewn some together to somehow make a face mask. Maybe I can find some, I hope so. I don’t think I have any other cotton material around. I suppose that’s my goal for today, see if I can come up with something.
Bobbi :)

Good morning and happy Saturday! Pretty gloomy day but I think I will still be able to get out of the house for a walk.

I saw on Fox News this morning the Surgeon General showing how to make a mask from an old tee-shirt.

1- You cut the shirt from the bottom up to make a fairly wide strip,
2- Fold the top and bottom to meet in the center, repeat this step again.
3- Using two rubber bands, putting one around each end,
4- Fold each side over the rubber band far enough towards center to be secure.

The rubber bands go over the ears to hold mask in place. I'm thinking you would need to pin the portion folded over the rubber bands to hold in place. Hope this makes sense, if not there are websites with directions on how to make face masks.

I'm going to try this today, the nice part is you could easily take it apart and wash.

Stay healthy everybody :wizard:

Good morning and happy Saturday! Pretty gloomy day but I think I will still be able to get out of the house for a walk.

I saw on Fox News this morning the Surgeon General showing how to make a mask from an old tee-shirt.

1- You cut the shirt from the bottom up to make a fairly wide strip,
2- Fold the top and bottom to meet in the center, repeat this step again.
3- Using two rubber bands, putting one around each end,
4- Fold each side over the rubber band far enough towards center to be secure.

The rubber bands go over the ears to hold mask in place. I'm thinking you would need to pin the portion folded over the rubber bands to hold in place. Hope this makes sense, if not there are websites with directions on how to make face masks.

I'm going to try this today, the nice part is you could easily take it apart and wash.

Stay healthy everybody :wizard:
Thank you!
No pirate scarfs here. I am pretty efficient about giving things away!
I searched and found something We could make! Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Instead of tee shirt, I used a pillow case made into two squares that were about 16.” I need different rubber bands than DH, but we found things that work.

Good morning...we went to Mass on line. It’s as good as we can do.

Three years ago, on a DVC MC, we sat at a table with a gal who has become a good friend. Yesterday she had a heart attack and is in hospital in OK. Most recently we were on the DVC MC to Bermuda. Please pray for Patricia Pook, who is also a Veteran, AF, and she’s in this picture when we all participated together at Flag Ceremony in MK. Who knows, maybe some of you may recognize her!

Good morning...we went to Mass on line. It’s as good as we can do.

Three years ago, on a DVC MC, we sat at a table with a gal who has become a good friend. Yesterday she had a heart attack and is in hospital in OK. Most recently we were on the DVC MC to Bermuda. Please pray for Patricia Pook, who is also a Veteran, AF, and she’s in this picture when we all participated together at Flag Ceremony in MK. Who knows, maybe some of you may recognize her!

View attachment 485872

I will definitely say a prayer for her. 🇺🇸❤️🇺🇸❤️

Please be careful everyone over the next couple of weeks. The recommendation is now to avoid going to the grocery store or pharmacy unless absolutely necessary because the virus is expected to peak over the next 2 weeks. Please stay healthy and safe everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter