• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

New Jersey Week Visitors

You will love Ohana's, it is my favorite. We have been to Boma's for dinner and that was great too. I am hoping to try it for breakfeast this trip.

Originally posted by Donnainnj
Hey GJerseygirl,
Just wanted to say Hi neighbor! We are also from Middletown. I was so excited when they changed the school schedule to a full week off for teacher's convention. My oldest DD is just going into middle school, and I was thinking that we would have to cut back how much time we went so she didn't miss much school. They better not take it away!! We are going to do the Disney Cruise, this time, will probably stay a couple of nights after at the parks, unless I see a really good rate at Vero. Haven't decided on where we are staying the first Friday yet, either WDW, or Cocoa Beach.
Have been many times for NJ week before. Last year was the busiest, but still a lot of fun.
Donna

Hey Neighbor: Where are you staying when you do the parks? I wonder....does the AP do anything for the Disney cruise? I think this year will be busy also but that's okay!! Even though we have the week off, the kids will still be missing Friday before and Monday after!! Oh well...they go too long anyway!:teeth: I have one in each school(grammer, middle and HS)!:teeth:

Originally posted by jsfein
Freehold family of 5 will be in WDW 10/28 to 11/5. MNSSHP on 10/31. Got terrific air fare on Delta Song out of JFK for $125/person. Hotel still up in the air. Have a ressie at AKL at a really great rate, but hoping to get into Poly if AP rates are released.

Hey jsfein: Hopefully I'll see you at the Poly!! I'll be the one with the big hair, big heels, pina colada's lined up and the Jersey girl shirt (Only kidding....maybe not!!:teeth: )

Originally posted by disneyforme33
Checking in from Toms River, NJ. We are taking advantage of NJEA. Our school is closed Nov. 4 and 5th. We are flying down to Disney on Friday Oct. 29. We booked the Land/Sea package from Oct. 31 through Nov. 7. We will be at the Poly from Oct. 31 through Nov.4 then we will be on the Disney Wonder. I am so excited this is our first time going on a Disnye cruise. We are booked right now for Oct 29 and 30 at the Radisson Parkway Resort, but we are hoping for some codes and we will switch to a disney resort. We have tickets to the MNSSHP on Oct. 29. I am going with DH, DS11, DD7 and DD4.

Hey Disneyforme33: Look for me at the Poly. I already posted what I'd look like:teeth: :wave2: ! Have a great time on the cruise...it sounds GREAT....maybe next time!

Originally posted by minijeanie
honestly don't find it any more crowded as some people suggest.

hey,gjerseygirl, just got back from LBI. rained most of the day then sun came out. can't wait to get back. we usually swim in shipbottom. Also, if you go to the manahawkin flea market on saturday or sunday you can get "Jersey Girl" t-shirts for just $4.

I have several.

last year went to food and wine festival which is superb. don't miss it.

sorry we can't go this year. DD starting high school and she joined color guard....want to wait a year and see how things go.

but all "You Guys" have fun........

see ya next year though.

and
btw,

HHN at Universal is really scary but lots and lots of fun

We went to Beach Haven. We didn't get to swim on Sun. but Mon. was beautiful. I love LBI. I wish I would have gotten to that flea market. $4 for those shirts is a great price. I know what you mean about color guard. I was so happy when DS decided not to play football this year 'cause I know I would have had to fight with his coach about getting the time off...and then he probably wouldn't have played the rest of the season anyway! So we're better off. As much as I luuvv to watch him play football...I love WDW better!!!:crazy:

Originally posted by moondance
Another Middletown resident here. We will staying at Universal 10/29 and 10/30 then checking in at BWV on 10/31 until 11/06. It's hard to beleive that I got a decent fare 2 weeks ago flying out of EWR on Continental non stop for $175pp and only $88 for an infant in a seat. We are flying out on the 28th and staying at MCO airport hotel I got for $45 on priceline. I saved so much on the airfare by flying out on a Thursday (1 day early), I don't mind paying for an extra night. This way we can get an early start at US.

If anything they will take away the two extra days from us. I don't think they will take away Election Day because the schools are used as polling places and the days off for the convention will never be taken away. Why do we have off on Columbus Day? And why do we need a 4 day weekend for President's Day? This year we have two 3 day weekends in a row. One for Lincoln's birthday and the other for President's day. We were also given a day off for Passover. And don't forget, this year is a contract year. Remember what happened with the last contract. At least the teacher's contract says they can't work beyond July 1st.

Wow!!! That's a great rate out of Newark Liberty! Just for leaving on Thurs. Huh!! I'll have to pass that along to my "flying friends". We were going to stay at Universal the first few days but when I called (back in Jan.) the Royal Pacific was booked solid. I coudn't believe it. I still don't know why. Then they offered me the Hard Rock at $250 a night. I said the heck with that, if I get the AP rate at the Poly it'llbe cheaper than that and even if not, I'd rather stay at the Poly. So we're staying there the whole time. Oh well.

About their days off, I agree with you. Take something else away....not NJ week!!::yes::

Originally posted by StrwLady
Well Im not from Jersey but I have been told I sound like I am. hehe. I was born and raised in New Orleans and contrary to what many believe, we do not talk Cajun. :) The NO accent is somewhat northen sounding. I have had people tell me I sound like im from NJ, Boston and NY. :) I will be at the Poly 10/31 to 11/6 so with my accent I should fit right in :) Looking forward to meeting all you NJ folks! :)

Take Care
Jamie

Yes, but do you have the big hair and the big heels!!!:teeth: I'll look for you at the Poly!!!!::yes::

Originally posted by northcapemaymom
Checking in from Exit 0 on the GSP. We're arriving at SSR on the 30th (Oct) for the duration of Jersey Week and we can't wait! Six of us are driving to Fla for this trip (4A, 2C)- the airfare prices have really gone up (from Philly and A.C), if one can get a flight at all. We've heard from others that the weather is great and the crowds are better than during the summer.

Just one reminder for those travelling that week - don't forget to get your absentee ballots and vote since we'll all be away on Election Day. As we all know- every vote counts!

You're right!! Already have my absentee ballot!!!::yes::

I think we should nominate gjerseygirl as Moderator of this thread. What do you all think? No doubt that those of us staying at the Poly (I'm hoping this will include me) will be able to pick her out by the pool.

Just called this morning and got priority seating for Cinderella's Character Breakfast for Nov. 2nd. Just thought I'd pass along the info...now is the time to call if you want PS for Cindy's Breakfast. We can't wait!!!

Hey Belleville Girl, I am a former North Arlington girl married to a former Nutley guy (we are now in Montville); could you tell me about your great deal from Song? Thanks, Carolyn

Originally posted by gjerseygirl
We were going to stay at Universal the first few days but when I called (back in Jan.) the Royal Pacific was booked solid. I coudn't believe it. I still don't know why. Then they offered me the Hard Rock at $250 a night. I said the heck with that, if I get the AP rate at the Poly it'llbe cheaper than that and even if not, I'd rather stay at the Poly. So we're staying there the whole time. Oh well.

You may want to check their website if you are still interested in staying at US. http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/resort_hotels/rp_rates_reservation.html
Rooms are available at the RPR. I originally booked two nights with the FAN club rate ($157). I decided to get an Annual Pass and dropped the room rate to $129. When I factored in all the costs (2 day pass, room rate, and the cost of meals) it was cheaper for me to purchase the annual pass since it gives a discount at restaurants.

Originally posted by jsfein
I think we should nominate gjerseygirl as Moderator of this thread. What do you all think? No doubt that those of us staying at the Poly (I'm hoping this will include me) will be able to pick her out by the pool.

:rotfl: Don't put it past me to get up on a chair at the Poly's pool and yell out "anyone from theDisboards Here?!!":crazy:

Just to update. I got an email with discount, so now I am at the Poly from Oct. 29-Nov. 4. I got Cindy reservations for October 31. I feel like this is my lucky week.
I booked my air about 2 weeks ago. We are leaving on Friday so we did not get the $175 rate but got $258. on Continental out of Newark. I was pretty happy with that considering every time I checked rate before it was over $500 round trip. We like to fly out of Atlantic City but the rates were very high.
I look forward to meeting you all at the Poly pool. I won't have the big hair, but I will have a Pina Colada in my hand.

Hmmmm....you got an email? I didn't get an email. Who do they send emails to? Who was the email from...Disney insider???:mad:

disneyforme33, did you have an existing reservation at Poly before you received the email? I did not, received the email, and tried to get into the Poly Oct 28 to Nov. 5 but was told no availability for the discounts for these dates (which are nearly identical to yours). When did you book the discount? Maybe I should call again.

We're flying out of Atlantic City Airport. Does anyone know what the closest hotel to the airport is? Since we have an early morning flight, we will go down the night before.

jsfein-I had the Land/Sea booked from Oct. 31 through Nov. 7, with the land portion at the Poly. I wanted to add 2 days on before hand. I booked the discount on Monday but only needed it for the nights of 10/29 and 30.

Originally posted by gjerseygirl
You know, it's funny you should say that. I refuse to stay at he BC, YC or GF because I feel that we have that right here. The real deal. Especially in Cape May!! I love Cape May. So why do I need to go all the way down to FL to stay in Cape May!!:hyper:

Well, I'd stay at the Beach Club for the pool alone! But I'd cheerfully pass on the Boardwalk Inn. I love Cape May with its Victorian flair and its restaurants; Wildwood with the Doo-Wop archetecture, its rides and tacky games; and Atlantic City for the bright lights and LONG boardwalk. And Lucy? Well, she's just adorable!!! Our shore communities are so varied, each with its own personality. I know that such a small area at the Disney Boardwalk can't really capture all of that... it just doesn't say "fudgey wudgey" to me! I thought Disney could have had more (any?) street performers the evenning we went. I thought the games at $3 a pop was a bit steep.... 3 kids can pick your pocket pretty quickly here, even if there were only 3 games to pick from.

The Boardwalk is the one area at WDW where I actually felt ripped off. I know Disney is expensive and I'm willing to pay the price because I get a good value per $.... just not at the Boardwalk. So my advice is .... forgetaboutit.

Hey! I have a hissy when I go to Pt. Pleasant and the games are $2.00 a pop! And that's the real deal, not a Disney sanitized version of the Shore. I live right near Keansburg and they still have their quarter wheels!! I love it!! The kids always come home with some prize or another. That's why I'd rather stay in another resort. Hey....since I don't fly the Poly's the closest I'm ever gonna get to Hawaii!!:tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter