• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

New Jersey Week Visitors

Originally posted by jsfein
disneyforme33, did you have an existing reservation at Poly before you received the email? I did not, received the email, and tried to get into the Poly Oct 28 to Nov. 5 but was told no availability for the discounts for these dates (which are nearly identical to yours). When did you book the discount? Maybe I should call again.

You were probably told no because the email was only sent to some people. It is not a general code. disneyforme33 is a lucky duck!!

Originally posted by Rhonda922
We're flying out of Atlantic City Airport. Does anyone know what the closest hotel to the airport is? Since we have an early morning flight, we will go down the night before.

Sorry Rhonda: Don't have a clue about hotels in AC. Maybe someone else does???::yes::

Hello disney friend I live in ocean city which is really close to the airport.. There are a few hotels all about 15 minutes..Try the Econo lodge in Pleasantville 609-484-8500 or Days Inn609-641-4500. There is also a Best Western. I have never stayed at them. I am sure there a room and beb deal.. The airport is not far from any of them. We could not get a good price on plane tickets on spirit... Good for you.. Hope this helps:earseek:

We currently live in Flanders, Morris County (just down the road from HugsforEeyore) but only moved up here a year ago after living in (most recent to oldest) Millstone, Old Bridge, Freehold and North Brunswick. DH grew up in East Brunswick and is a 1981 graduate if anyone out there went to EBHS.

Our kids are 6.5 and just 2 so we're still able to pull ds#1 out of school. We're going this year from 12/4-12/11. But in another year or so we won't be able to do that. I'm thinking of trying Jersey week, but we only get the 2 days off for the convention (all you lucky ones that get a week must be psyched). If we think we can swing it 2 years in a row, it will make sense to go in 2005, buy APs and then go down in 2006 as well.

However, we're trying to get a big trip together with other friends from all over the US (an internet group of families with kids born in Feb 98...ds#1) so we might have to change 2006 to Christmas week.

Anyone going down later on who might want to hook up for a quick hello? Anyone nearby want to be friends with a Disney fanatic who is making everyone around her crazy with her obsession...?

Hey there! Montclair girl here. I didn't know about jersey week cauz I don't have kids, but me and my boyfriend are going in September so I have a totally random question for all the Jerseites...
I have reservations for the Poly but I was toying with the idea of staying at the Beach Club (because of the pool). Having grown up going down the shore summer after summer I thought maybe it would be a little bit of a repetitive theme staying at the BC. For example the beach theme or the bars and eateries on the boardwalk...I wanted to experience something I coudn't get right here in Jersey and or in NYC which is 15 minutes away.
Anyone feel that way too? I want to make sure I made the right choice in staying at the Poly. I wanted to feel like I was staying somewhere "different" which is why I chose it. Anyway, have fun during jersey week!

Originally posted by j's m
Tinkerbelle,

We'll see you at WL. We'll be there Nov 3-9.

DS will miss 2 days of school, Mon & Tues. But the difference in airfare was ridiculous. For him to miss one day, it was double. Now all the airfare on 11/3 is pretty well full out of Philly

Maybe we will run into each other in the lobby while rubbing Humphreys Nose!!

Originally posted by thatdarncat
Hey there! Montclair girl here. I didn't know about jersey week cauz I don't have kids, but me and my boyfriend are going in September so I have a totally random question for all the Jerseites...
I have reservations for the Poly but I was toying with the idea of staying at the Beach Club (because of the pool). Having grown up going down the shore summer after summer I thought maybe it would be a little bit of a repetitive theme staying at the BC. For example the beach theme or the bars and eateries on the boardwalk...I wanted to experience something I coudn't get right here in Jersey and or in NYC which is 15 minutes away.
Anyone feel that way too? I want to make sure I made the right choice in staying at the Poly. I wanted to feel like I was staying somewhere "different" which is why I chose it. Anyway, have fun during jersey week!

If you look at my previous posts, I feel the same way. I'm also staying at the Poly. Although to be fair, I have never been to the BC but I would imagine it can't compare to the real thing. I, personally, feel you are making the right decision!

Thanks so much! I am so looking forward to a week away! I think the palm trees and the hawaiian music at the Poly is just what the doctor ordered for this Jersey girl!

We are going down for a few days. Embarrassed to say we have been there 50-60 times - usually stay at our vacation club or Beach/Yacht Club Taking our 13 year old and our college student son is meeting us there. We are trying out Universal Hard Rock for two nights 11/9 & 10 and going to the Polynesian for the first time also for the last three nights. We are going to the Very Merry Christmas Party for the first time too - soooo excited about that.

Saw another Ocean City, NJ girl also - a big hello to you.

jfranklyn said:
Hi - we're from Wayne and we'll be there for part of Jersey week. Hoping to leave right on the 4th and stay right through the 13th. My daughter will miss a week of 1st Grade, but she's willing to "sacrifice"!!

When I saw this thread, I just HAD to see if there was anyone posting from Wayne! I grew up in Wayne and taught for a few years before I got married and moved out of state. I read this thread and think this would be me going for Jersey Week! HAVE FUN and say hey to all our fellow Jersey girls for me! :)

Another Jersey Week Family here.
Exit 145 off the Parkway.

We're staying at Old Key West for the first time. It's funny...at WDW we have already stayed:

-In the Caribbean Islands :beach: ,
-In the French Quarter of New Orleans, :jester: and

-In Upstate New York. :artist:

This is the first time our resort will actually "feel" like Florida!!

Kathy

This is so interesting to me! I am from New Jersey Haddon Heights until we moved to Maryland many years ago but my heart is still in New Jersey, along with most of my family. We just got back from Ocean City NJ and go as often as possible. My two favorite places are O.C. and Disney! I never knew about Jersey week and I'm going to Disney next week and the first week in January! Oh well next year I will have to go Jersey week. Where do they sell these things?

Any advise for getting us Texans to "blend"? Will we be in trouble for coming on your special week?

Stanhope, NJ checking in.
We will be staying at POFQ fro 11/4-11/11. My Magical Express packet just came today!

Rhonda922 said:
We're flying out of Atlantic City Airport. Does anyone know what the closest hotel to the airport is? Since we have an early morning flight, we will go down the night before.

As I work at the AC Airport, I have to say there isn't really any hotel that would be described as close. There are some hotels on the Black Horse Pike in Pleasantville, about 4-5 miles away. Anything closer I would probably stay away from. If I recall, there is a Clarion, a Holiday Inn Express and Days Inn. There are others on the White Horse Pike as well but they are a little further.

Hope that helps....

---Paul from Southern NJ

Guess I need to chime in here as well.... we are from Cherry Hill and will be at WDW Jersey Week as well. Leaving after school on Friday, 11/3 and driving down. Departing WDW after a tank topping buffet breakfast on 11/11. We are driving both ways.

In Cherry Hill, schools are closed Thursday and Friday of that week, so we get 8 days for the price of 3 school days. The kids bring their work with them so they don't fall behind.

Anyone else from Cherry Hill?

---Paul in Southern NJ

Another Southern NJ (Barnegat) family heading to Disney on 11/2 returning 11/14... POR, will the last person to leave for Disney turn the lights out so the electric bill won't be so high when we return to the garden state?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter