• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

New Jersey Week Visitors

gjerseygirl

Mouseketeer
There's so much talk on the boards about New Jersey week that I thought I'd start a thread for us Jerseyans that are going down for Jersey Week. Maybe we can share our tips and get some ideas from each other.

I'll be at the Poly from Oct 30th through Nov. 7th. Me, DD and DS going to MNNSHP on the 31st. DH and DS (16 - who would never be seen at MNNSHP) are going to Universal's HHN on the 31st. Taking Amtrack down. With AAA discount got a great rate of $562 for 5. For those of you flying, I've been told that you can get a good price if you're willing to go out of Atlantic City Airport. Hoping for great weather. A little confused on what I should pack:crazy: . Planning on buying an AP but still waiting for AP rates to come out for that week. Do you all know about splitting you stay?? If you checking in on 30th, that's regular season so if you didn't split your stay you will be paying regular season price for the whole week even though Oct. 31st starts value season. You have to check in on 30th, check out on the 31st, check back in on the 31st and then the rest of the week you'll be charged for value season. Hmmm....let's see....can't think of any other tips right now but if anyone has anything to share, please post!!

HELLO TO YOU ... WE ARE FROM OCEAN CITY WILL BE DOWN THE SAME TIME WE ARE LEAVING OCT.28 TILL NOV.8. NOT SURE ON HOTEL WAITING FOR A GOOD AP RATE....WE USUALLY STAY AT GF BUT , MIGHT TRUE SOMETHING NEW.WE ARE GOING TO THE MNNSHP ON THE 31ST ALSO........

Hey Neighbors-

We are from Marlton. We'll be at the Poly from 11/1-11/9! We're flying down on AirTran (decent rate of $160/pp)!

ADIDAD - we just got home from Ocean City. Our kids love it there almost as much as Disney!!!

gjerseygirl - what longhouse did you request? We are staying GVC. Our kids will be 5 and 22 months when we arrrive. This is our first time staying at the Poly and travelling during Jersey week. We usually stay at the Epcot resorts. We are going on the 5+2...works out better for us than AP...Jersey week next year is later than this year, so we would only get eight days off the pass and we weren't too hopeful the resort rate would make up for it. We will probably get APs next year b/c Jersey week is later than it is the following year, so we will get two trips out of it!

This was a great idea for a thread! Hope to get some good tips from experienced Jersey weekers!

I can't wait to see you all there!

We will be there from the 6th - 13th. The week after the NJEA has always been a week of 1/2 days for my kids. This year they moved it to the following week, so my DD8 will miss an entire full week of school. We are staying off site with my mil in her time share, a 3 bedroom condo. My mil can't get the previous week, or the week after so, we are going anyway!!

I am staying on site with DH this coming Thursday - Monday. He surprised me with an adults only get away.

Hi All:

Chiming in from Jersey. We're going down in mid-October. Hadn't heard about Jersey week before we booked our trip. We're flying out of A.C. Airport. We would rather go out of Phila. like we usually do but A.C. had much cheaper prices on Spirit Airlines.

Have a good time!

:D

Just what is Jersey Week? Are there special weeks for other states? Do people from that state get special rates?

princess:

Belleville girl here...I've never heard of Jersey week, now I wish I was going then. Anyway, I guess I'll have my own mini-Jersey Week starting this Saturday. By the way, I found an amazing rate flying out of Newark through Delta Song.::MinnieMo

Originally posted by newcomer52
Just what is Jersey Week? Are there special weeks for other states? Do people from that state get special rates?
Jersey Week is held roughly the 1st week of November at Disney World. That week, WDW celebrates everything about New Jersey - our customs, favorite foods, sells NJ merchandise, etc. Many, many people from Jersey come for the festivities. Right now, Disney only does it for New Jersey, but is thinking of doing other states like Delaware or Rhode Island next. It's great!!!!! :teeth: :teeth:

OK OK - ONLY KIDDING!!!!!!!!! Couldn't resist! "Jersey Week" is simply a week - usually the 1st week of November - when NJ schools are closed for a few days for a large teacher's convention. Since schools are closed, many people make a week's vacation out of it. :) No special rates or anything, though that sounds like a great idea!!! :)

This year I hope to be there (if job permits!) for my 1st "Jersey Week". I'll probably drive down and take the AutoTrain home. I already have tickets for MNHHSP on Oct 31, and maybe go on possibly Oct 29 too, if I can sneak off a couple days early! I will be at Wilderness Lodge, unless I can get a great AP rate at the Poly or Contemporary! :) :)

New Jersey's lucky...:( Illinois has found a way to cut our "conference" week to 2 days.

Originally posted by ADIDAD
HELLO TO YOU ... WE ARE FROM OCEAN CITY WILL BE DOWN THE SAME TIME WE ARE LEAVING OCT.28 TILL NOV.8. NOT SURE ON HOTEL WAITING FOR A GOOD AP RATE....WE USUALLY STAY AT GF BUT , MIGHT TRUE SOMETHING NEW.WE ARE GOING TO THE MNNSHP ON THE 31ST ALSO........

Hi to Ocean City. Leaving for LBI in a little while!! Yeah, waiting for the AP rate also. See you at the Halloween party!

Originally posted by deanna2426
Hey Neighbors-

We are from Marlton. We'll be at the Poly from 11/1-11/9! We're flying down on AirTran (decent rate of $160/pp)!

ADIDAD - we just got home from Ocean City. Our kids love it there almost as much as Disney!!!

gjerseygirl - what longhouse did you request? We are staying GVC. Our kids will be 5 and 22 months when we arrrive. This is our first time staying at the Poly and travelling during Jersey week. We usually stay at the Epcot resorts. We are going on the 5+2...works out better for us than AP...Jersey week next year is later than this year, so we would only get eight days off the pass and we weren't too hopeful the resort rate would make up for it. We will probably get APs next year b/c Jersey week is later than it is the following year, so we will get two trips out of it!

This was a great idea for a thread! Hope to get some good tips from experienced Jersey weekers!

I can't wait to see you all there!

Hey Hey in Marlton!! What airport are you flying out of on Airtran. That's a great rate!! I have to tell my friends that are flying about that. We requested the Nuie longhouse. Its close to the pool and Ceremonial house. Plus I'm a smoker:rolleyes: I've never stayed at the Poly before. I'm soooo excited!! I've always wanted to since I started going to WDW at about 10 years old!!

I have a feeling they're gonna take jersey week away from us next year because everyone is complaining that we're getting out of school June 27!!!

And speaking of tips, anyone that's been down there before the first week of Nov. I would appreciate some packing tips. I'm starting to pack already (okay, okay I know that's a little over the top) and I'm sooo confused on what to pack.

Originally posted by JoiseyMom
We will be there from the 6th - 13th. The week after the NJEA has always been a week of 1/2 days for my kids. This year they moved it to the following week, so my DD8 will miss an entire full week of school. We are staying off site with my mil in her time share, a 3 bedroom condo. My mil can't get the previous week, or the week after so, we are going anyway!!

I am staying on site with DH this coming Thursday - Monday. He surprised me with an adults only get away.

So, DD will miss a week of school!! We've all done it before!!:teeth: Can't believe DH surprised you with trip this Thursday!! That's great!! Have a great time!!

Originally posted by binigrl417
Belleville girl here...I've never heard of Jersey week, now I wish I was going then. Anyway, I guess I'll have my own mini-Jersey Week starting this Saturday. By the way, I found an amazing rate flying out of Newark through Delta Song.::MinnieMo

Hey binigrl417: Do you have kids? If you don't that's why you never heard of Jersey Week. Or if you're kids are not of school age. Don't worry, I know alot of Joisians that go in Aug. too! It's supposed to be a great time to go. You got a great rate out of Newark because the time you are going but the airlines have wisened up to Jersey week and the prices shoot up for the first week of Nov. (they not stupid!)

Originally posted by FINFAN
New Jersey's lucky...:( Illinois has found a way to cut our "conference" week to 2 days.

Our conference week is usually 3 days but in my school district (Middletown) they now give them the whole week. But that's not the case in most of the school districts and parents just take the kids out for the other days!:teeth:

Originally posted by HugsForEeyore
Jersey Week is held roughly the 1st week of November at Disney World. That week, WDW celebrates everything about New Jersey - our customs, favorite foods, sells NJ merchandise, etc. Many, many people from Jersey come for the festivities. Right now, Disney only does it for New Jersey, but is thinking of doing other states like Delaware or Rhode Island next. It's great!!!!! :teeth: :teeth:

:rotfl: That was sooooooooo funny!!! Wait, I have to get up off the floor!! But wouldn't that be great!! In our shoprite, they have these T-shirts and sweatshirts that say the the local towns like Holmdel and Middletown and they also have ones that say Jersey Girl. I told all my friends that are going we should all buy one and wear them down there. Then they don't have to ask us what exit we're from!!:teeth: Hope to see you at the Poly!!:wave:

Haddonfield girl here... went down last year, wishing I was going again this year.

One tip I'd recommend if you are driving is to make a PS at the Cape May Cafe for dinner. The all you can eat seafood meal was, I thought, a good value for the buck. Then explore the Boardwalk breifly (a bit disappointed with this area myself, since we have the real deal at the shore) and pop into the International Gateway for Illuminations. We went to the bridge beteen GB and France and had a decent view right up to the fence without anyone in front of us within 15 minutes of the start of the show! The absolute BEST part was the quick exit back through International Gateway, a 10 minute walk to our car and back to our room at POR within another 10 minutes. I figure that we probably wouldn't have even made the front gate in 20 minutes with the exiting-the-park crowds being the nightmare that it is.

Have fun! I'll be with you in spirit.

Originally posted by sters
Then explore the Boardwalk breifly (a bit disappointed with this area myself, since we have the real deal at the shore)

You know, it's funny you should say that. I refuse to stay at he BC, YC or GF because I feel that we have that right here. The real deal. Especially in Cape May!! I love Cape May. So why do I need to go all the way down to FL to stay in Cape May!!:hyper:

Originally posted by HugsForEeyore

OK OK - ONLY KIDDING!!!!!!!!!

When i first started reading this I was trying to imagine New Jersey "customs"........:eek: :p :p

Hey GJerseygirl,
Just wanted to say Hi neighbor! We are also from Middletown. I was so excited when they changed the school schedule to a full week off for teacher's convention. My oldest DD is just going into middle school, and I was thinking that we would have to cut back how much time we went so she didn't miss much school. They better not take it away!! We are going to do the Disney Cruise, this time, will probably stay a couple of nights after at the parks, unless I see a really good rate at Vero. Haven't decided on where we are staying the first Friday yet, either WDW, or Cocoa Beach.
Have been many times for NJ week before. Last year was the busiest, but still a lot of fun.
Donna

Hey gjerseygirl & Donnainnj,

I am also from Monmouth County. We are in Manalapan. I wish my district gave us the week off!! The week of 1/2 days that month is a killer. We usuall get the 2 NJEA days, then 1/2 days and a day off for Veterans day. They changed it just for this year. Oh well, I hope my DD teacher is nice :). I am sure my DD isn't then only one to be out that week.

I can't wait till Thursday....Pop, Poly, GF, and AKL, here I come!!!!
(Yes I am crazy, we are resort hopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter