New policy for reservations based on check IN date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. However, I think she was upset because when she called the first day wasn't available and was not allowed to book the ones that were available (which is clearly the policy). And when she called the next day, the rest of the days were no longer available.:eek: I would be very :mad: about that. That is definitely a very frustrating experience. And it only takes one of those experiences to change/amplify your view of this new policy.

This happened to several PP's in this thread as well ... Future days were available, but by the time they could book them, they were gone. :(

Each of you have grasped the issues that I raised with the supervisor. I was one of the first callers within the first minute of operations opening, and the concierge studio was gone. They assured me that they did not make an exception to the rule for someone else the day earlier, but who knows. My points is this: if someone is booking multiple rooms for one party, and one view is not available the first day, they should consider it a continuous booking and allow you to book the following days at a different view. (Booking DVC reservations is a separate issue from how the hotel manages the room changes.) We could have dealt with one night apart and the rest of the stay together, but now we are apart the entire length of stay. And regarding the thought that I should have booked the one day and waitlisted the rest - I couldn't waitlist the rest because it wasn't at the 11 month window of the bookin date yet!
Whatever way you look at it, we were penalized by the new booking rule for being a large family and needing two rooms.

Due to the way the new system works, it's possible only one room was available (maybe you were the second caller in queue) and someone managed to get it just before you. That's one of the reasons that this system, imo, is less fair than the previous system. With DBD, you knew the full inventory of rooms was available every morning at 9:00am. With the new policy, you're competing for a reduced inventory. Instead of having several rooms waiting, there may have just been one. Under the old system, you probably would have gotten that day via DBD. :confused3

Yes but just because someone was lucky enough in the past to get what they wanted, doesn't mean they would have always gotten what they wanted. And now... anytime anyone doesnt get what they want, they blame the new system.

Agree, right or wrong, I think this is what is going to continue occurring. At least 'everything' is getting a shot in the limelight. First it was all the SSR Owners' Faults. Then it was all the DBD Bookers' Faults. Now it's the new booking policy. I wonder what's next? :p

Perhaps, but what I found interesting is that on Day-1, Day-2+ was available. On Day-2, Day-2+ was booked, but Day-1 was available.

Sounds like a walked reservation to me. :confused3
If someone walked (or extended) a reservation the way most will, that wouldn't free up Day 1. Walking could account for Days 2+ being unavailable when the OP called back the next day but for Day 1 to become available, someone else had to cancel that night (or the walker had to call back again right at 9am that morning to cancel that night, but that seems less likely). Some time between the OP's first and second call to MS, someone cancelled that first night at which point anyone who called after that point for the OP's dates was able to book that room.

Perhaps, but what I found interesting is that on Day-1, Day-2+ was available. On Day-2, Day-2+ was booked, but Day-1 was available.

Sounds like a walked reservation to me. :confused3

The other day I had 6 nights in a Standard view at BWV's, it ended up that I only needed 5 nights, I called and cancelled the night at the end of the reservation. This could also be excatly what happened. No Walking here. I just didn't need the extra night.

If someone walked (or extended) a reservation the way most will, that wouldn't free up Day 1. Walking could account for Days 2+ being unavailable when the OP called back the next day but for Day 1 to become available, someone else had to cancel that night (or the walker had to call back again right at 9am that morning to cancel that night, but that seems less likely). Some time between the OP's first and second call to MS, someone cancelled that first night at which point anyone who called after that point for the OP's dates was able to book that room.

I see what you're saying ... so it's possible that room was available sometime on Day-1, so if the OP called several times on Day-1, they might have gotten lucky and snagged it? I guess that's a strategy that could work ... how it reduces call volumes I do not know though. :(

Day 1 did not become available on the day I called. Day 1 became available the next day during the discussion with the supervisor after the other days were not available. Had I waitlisted Day 1, I would have only gotten Day 1.
And, FYI, I have been able to book these same concierge rooms in the past with no troubles - even over holidays!

Another thought, with the historical popularity of the concierge option, why did they not add concierge rooms in Kidani? Seems like it would be a good money maker and people pleaser, too.

Another thought, with the historical popularity of the concierge option, why did they not add concierge rooms in Kidani? Seems like it would be a good money maker and people pleaser, too.

My thoughts are the lounge is at Jambo, but I do wish they had given more than 5 or 10 possible reservations. Concierge is a huge seller for AKV's, then it is so hard to book. Since you have booked more than one concierge room at a time, you have had huge success with this booking Cat. I have talked fast to get mine, still am waitlisted for 2 nights and called at the right time of day. How busy is the first week of May? Did you waitlist for your studio? You never know what may happen.

Agree, right or wrong, I think this is what is going to continue occurring. At least 'everything' is getting a shot in the limelight. First it was all the SSR Owners' Faults. Then it was all the DBD Bookers' Faults. Now it's the new booking policy. I wonder what's next? :p

For sure SSR had a HUGE impact on the 7 month window. Making buying where you want to stay even more important.. sadly many SSR owners didnt buy where they wanted to stay, they bought what disney was selling. (yeah yeah I know some of you love SSR, but many dont, and fell for the book somewhere else at the 7 month window line the sales people fed them)

Day 1 did not become available on the day I called. Day 1 became available the next day during the discussion with the supervisor after the other days were not available. Had I waitlisted Day 1, I would have only gotten Day 1.
And, FYI, I have been able to book these same concierge rooms in the past with no troubles - even over holidays!

FYI, what you were able to book in the past has zero effect on what your able to book in the future. I guess, more than anything, what this means is Your Luck Ran Out... :grouphug:

Yes but the number of AKV owners increases every week and will continue to do so until Kidani is sold out. With more owners comes more competition for those very few Concierge rooms. It's getting more difficult to book even one Concierge room let alone two. You were very fortunate to get multiple rooms in the past but it's just not something you can count on going forward.

Yes but the number of AKV owners increases every week and will continue to do so until Kidani is sold out. With more owners comes more competition for those very few Concierge rooms. It's getting more difficult to book even one Concierge room let alone two. You were very fortunate to get multiple rooms in the past but it's just not something you can count on going forward.

Unless you walk them. :p

*runs away*

Two concierge would be difficult but I think she as upset she could not book day 2-6 and just waitlist day 1 which was available when she called back on day 2 but then 2-6 were gone.

Denise in MI

I think that this is one instance where the additional knowledge you get under the new booking system actually makes the system appear to be work less well.

Here someone called on Day 1 and was told Day 1 was not available but Days 2-6 were, but could not be booked. When you think about, this is exactly what could have happened under DBD booking. You call on Day 1 and can either book that day or not, but if you paused to think about it, you KNOW that Days 2-6 are available because NO ONE could book them yet.

The diffference is that the CM didn't remind you on the DBD call that other nights you wanted were still outside your reach. Under this system, when a CM says Days 2-6 are available but you cannot book them, it is almost feels like they are taunting you.

It is for this reason that I think that many member will feel more unsatified with the new system, even if their success rate was the same under both.

-- Suzanne

I think that this is one instance where the additional knowledge you get under the new booking system actually makes the system appear to be work less well.

Here someone called on Day 1 and was told Day 1 was not available but Days 2-6 were, but could not be booked. When you think about, this is exactly what could have happened under DBD booking. You call on Day 1 and can either book that day or not, but if you paused to think about it, you KNOW that Days 2-6 are available because NO ONE could book them yet.

The diffference is that the CM didn't remind you on the DBD call that other nights you wanted were still outside your reach. Under this system, when a CM says Days 2-6 are available but you cannot book them, it is almost feels like they are taunting you.

It is for this reason that I think that many member will feel more unsatified with the new system, even if their success rate was the same under both.

-- Suzanne

I agree and think it even goes a step further. Under the new system, if you keep on thinking about it, you have the additional anxiety b/c you don't know if days 2-6 will be available when you call at 9am the next morning b/c someone who already held a reservation that included your day 1 could call later on that same day and add on days to their reservation. In the old system you at least knew you'd have the same chance as everyone else to get days 2-6 and then just spend 1 night in different accomodations or hopefully even waitlist and get the accomodation you wanted on night 1.

anytime anyone doesnt get what they want, they blame the new system.
That was, in part, why I suggested one has no comparison data. The easy stuff doesn't matter regardless and the most difficult stuff was a problem before.

-- Suzanne

I agree and think it even goes a step further. Under the new system, if you keep on thinking about it, you have the additional anxiety b/c you don't know if days 2-6 will be available when you call at 9am the next morning b/c someone who already held a reservation that included your day 1 could call later on that same day and add on days to their reservation. In the old system you at least knew you'd have the same chance as everyone else to get days 2-6 and then just spend 1 night in different accomodations or hopefully even waitlist and get the accomodation you wanted on night 1.

I agree with both of you, you have expressed it prefectly.

We are going to hear more of this too. This is the first of more to come. In essance this is what this whole thread is about. The setup for the waitlist is all wrong. I would be upset too. To know the majority was available when I called, but I can't book it, then the next morning at 9, the whole thing is
booked. What if she had not even been able to get one room? I can see the dis when Christmas reservations start. It will be a nightmare.

I think that if they consider changes to this new policy they should focus on changing the waitlist policies rather that 'outlawing walking'

For example,

If your first day is unavailable, why can't you choose to waitlist that day and book what is available? That would truly make the 7 days fully bookable/

If your vacation includes moving to a different room partway through in the same resort why can't that be considered a contiguous reservation? You would consider it one vacation? If I have a studio for 4 days and a one-bedroom for 3, why can't I book all 7 in the first call?

If I want to waitlist by individual days and take the risk that I have to change rooms why can't I take that chance?

Just a few thoughts.

As well, I don't think that they can design any system that will work for the very hard to get rooms. AKV concierge is a tough reservation and getting tougher as the resort sells out, that has nothing to do with the new reservation policy.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter