New Rules for Disney Parks

Agreed. Why do people have to take EVERYTING literally? Either you get Bill's sense of humor or you don't. I get it. Here's mine:

New Rule- Hey Family, I paid a LOT of money for the DDP, so I better not see ANYONE eating chicken nuggets this trip!

I don't wish anyone any harm so that they might oneday have to use a wheelchair or ECV BUT---
A few years ago I waited in line for an elderly man to TRY and navigate his ECV onto a bus headed for the MK. It was hot, babies were screaming, others just looked annoyed. The man and his wife were both terribly embarrassed. A young man came out of the line and drove the ECV onto the bus for this gentleman, another man helped the man onto the bus and onto a seat.
I saw them later in the day and the elderly man was grinning from ear to ear. Without the use of his ECV he most likely would not have been able to spend a Magical Day at the MK.
I don't know who the other two men were or if they would read this, but I would like to Thankyou again for being so kind in helping that man have a nice day.

We took my mom after she made it through a year of chemo. When things were horrid, the trip is what we would talk about. She could not have done the trip without mobility assistance.

Agreed. Why do people have to take EVERYTING literally? Either you get Bill's sense of humor or you don't. I get it. Here's mine:

New Rule- Hey Family, I paid a LOT of money for the DDP, so I better not see ANYONE eating chicken nuggets this trip!

:thumbsup2

We took my mom after she made it through a year of chemo. When things were horrid, the trip is what we would talk about. She could not have done the trip without mobility assistance.

My nephew is in a wheelchair, so I get where your coming from. However, we ALL know that sadly, there are a FEW people who LIE just to use the wheelchairs and get to the front of the lines. I've seen them on almost EVERY trip I've been on. Last trip, we saw a family, where Dad was in a wheelchair in MK. We later bumped into them at Epcot, Dad, walking around, drink in hand very drunk. It happends. THAT is why someone mentioned it. ;)

no kidding. I am certainly glad the op is so perfect. frankly i like disabled people. Nor do I have issues with people from different countries.

I will happily pass you in all of the standby lines because you aren't clever enough to get a fp. Oh yeah...:goodvibes

i hope that all of the pompous folks that have issues with people with disabilities eventually suffer from one...:goodvibes

Nobody said anything about hating people from other countries or people
with disabilities! Can't it be possible that ALL people have the ability to be rude and thoughtless? Just like ALL people have the ability to be polite and respectful. Whether you walk all over somebody's toes or roll over them, it is rude! I like kind, considerate, likable people. Being disabled or from another country does not automatically make you likable nor unlikable, it's who you choose to be! Lighten up people!!

I don't think anyone should be getting offended and I believe (hope) the joke about the wheelchair was aimed at those who really don't need one but rather are being lazy and abusing the system.

New Rule: It's 70-80 degrees in Connecticut, you knew it would be hot in Florida. I have no clue why you only packed one pair of shorts. Please stop sighing and complaining that it is too hot especially when you refuse to go on any rides that you might get wet!

New rule: I know blowing bubbles in line may keep your children entertained, but blowing bubbles on people you don't know is neither funny nor amusing. Doing so may result in the loss of fingers.

New rule: If your child outweighs you, or their age is almost equal to the number of fingers on both hands, they no longer need a stroller. Walking is good for them.

:sad2: And I don't even have an opinion on the original intent of this thread, I just really think it's sick to even joke that it would be funny if someone or their child become disabled. However offensive you think the OP's post was, this totally crosses the line.

I don't think anyone should be getting offended and I believe (hope) the joke about the wheelchair was aimed at those who really don't need one but rather are being lazy and abusing the system.

New Rule: It's 70-80 degrees in Connecticut, you knew it would be hot in Florida. I have no clue why you only packed one pair of shorts. Please stop sighing and complaining that it is too hot especially when you refuse to go on any rides that you might get wet!

What? Florida is hot??? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

oh, i'm not wishing that someone is horribly hurt, like a child falling off a rail and cracking their skull, just thinking that a temporay injury causing the need for assistance might teach a lesson. so don't fret. :) I have a sense of humor too!

New rule: If your child outweighs you, or their age is almost equal to the number of fingers on both hands, they no longer need a stroller. Walking is good for them.

How true! Seriously. This is why we have so many fat kids in this country! If my daughter (who I will admit, is pretty lazy), can walk WDW in 95 degree heat, your kid can too. And I am actually on the fat side and I did it. I felt good about it. Like I conquered a mountain! :rotfl2:

oh, i'm not wishing that someone is horribly hurt, like a child falling off a rail and cracking their skull, just thinking that a temporay injury causing the need for assistance might teach a lesson. so don't fret. :) I have a sense of humor too!

:thumbsup2

New Rule: If you ram into the back of my legs/feet with your stroller, I now reserve the right to gently place your child aside while I turn the stroller around and ram you a few times. :thumbsup2

New Rule: If you ram into the back of my legs/feet with your stroller, I now reserve the right to gently place your child aside while I turn the stroller around and ram you a few times. :thumbsup2

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

This is actually the only truly mean thing that I've read so far.

Oh, read my next post. Just hoping for a temporary injury! Like a kid falling. No biggie, this is a thread to mock other people!:) So now worries!

New Rule.. Anybody who posts on the DIS boards is not allowed to have a sense of humor, and if they do they will be subject to ridicule by half the community.

New Rule.. Fake Disabled, Overweight ECV/Wheelchair users, Brazilians, Childless Guests, Rednecks, Smokers, Parents who discipline their children, Parents who don't discipline their children, Children, Grumpy old people who smell like mothballs, Guests with bad clothing choices, ferrets, people who don't know the difference between the DHS and Universal, Guests staying off site, Guests not using moleskin, People who don't feel the Magic.. should not be allowed in the parks.

I predict a thread where people openly talk about being mean and wishing ill on others, all under the guise of being funny, will not last long.

Saying something mean and then going Ha ha, just kidding! doesn't make it any less mean.

New Rule: Maxiesmom is perma-banned!!!

LOL, ha ha, just kidding

Sorry, forgot one of these for extra sarcastic effect :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I predict a thread where people openly talk about being mean and wishing ill on others, all under the guise of being funny, will not last long.

Saying something mean and then going Ha ha, just kidding! doesn't make it any less mean.

I have to agree. People are very ballsy sitting behind their computer screens pretending that they're "just joking". You're right - a smiley face icon after their post does not change the true meaning behind their hate. It's quite sad how bitter some people are...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter