New Rules for Disney Parks

Michelle and Crew, and MomtobrandonandJacob, this thread is clearly not up your alley, why don't you go away now so we can make up so more New Rules that WE find funny, even if you don't. I can tell from your screen names that you are moms and that it is an important part of your life, but you're not my mom, nor the mom of anyone else on this thread, so just let us have some fun, without the moralizing. And please don't try to make this into a, oh but I guess you think you're perfect, thing, that's a cheap way of winning an argument and really kinda misses the point.
I'm not perfect and I know it, in fact here's one about me...

New Rule: We don't care what you read on the message board, or how you think they could improve the park by changing it back, now shut up and listen to the funny bird from Aladdin.

BTW, this is intended to be in good fun, not actually bashing the folks or hoping for kids to get hurt, more along the lines of indulging those base instincts that take over for a few seconds when something happens that irks us in the park. None of us would ever actually do some of these things, even if we could get away with it.

New Rule: When you take flash photography of fireworks you are stating loudly to the world, "I am either a moron who doesn't understand how photography works, or a jerk that doesn't care how it annoys everyone else," most likely you are both.

I predict this thread turns into an all out war.

j/k :)

popcorn:: People need to lighten up and joke around a little. It makes life more fun.

New Rule: When you take flash photography of fireworks you are stating loudly to the world, "I am either a moron who doesn't understand how photography works, or a jerk that doesn't care how it annoys everyone else," most likely you are both.

Actually, it's all fun and games until I get called a moron.

:snooty:

If I understood photography, my photo collection wouldn't be 90% full of pictures of 1/2 of my kid's faces (or their backs.)

How about a new rule for the DIS...
New rule: Stop purposely picking fights with people who have a good sense of humor. If you don't think they are funny, dont read it

Now move along, there is nothing to see here!

Michelle and Crew, and MomtobrandonandJacob, this thread is clearly not up your alley, why don't you go away now so we can make up so more New Rules that WE find funny, even if you don't. I can tell from your screen names that you are moms and that it is an important part of your life, but you're not my mom, nor the mom of anyone else on this thread, so just let us have some fun, without the moralizing. And please don't try to make this into a, oh but I guess you think you're perfect, thing, that's a cheap way of winning an argument and really kinda misses the point.
I'm not perfect and I know it, in fact here's one about me...

New Rule: We don't care what you read on the message board, or how you think they could improve the park by changing it back, now shut up and listen to the funny bird from Aladdin.

BTW, this is intended to be in good fun, not actually bashing the folks or hoping for kids to get hurt, more along the lines of indulging those base instincts that take over for a few seconds when something happens that irks us in the park. None of us would ever actually do some of these things, even if we could get away with it.

I am just playing along. Mock people, wish ill on people and put smiley! :cloud9::goodvibes:goodvibes

No problem. you wished a child would fall and not really be hurt, i wished you would need a wc for something not life altering. apples to apples when you add the emoticon!:yay::thumbsup2:lmao:

i know...it will be so funny when you or your parent, child or spouse are in a wheel chair!!:rotfl:

Oh please... My grandmother uses an ECV and is in a wheelchair and my cousin is mentally handicapped and uses one too and they and our family are the first ones to laugh about it and make fun. In fact, last trip my grandmother , who is a big ol' pain in the butt but can be very funny , when in one of her moods, would purposely head slowly to the bus and bet us as to how many people would roll their eyes when she showed up... LMFAO! She figures her situation sucks but at least she will have fun with it.. Try and ask her if she needs help, she might smack you upside the head!

My cousin likes a light hearted joke about his situation much more than gushing pity and "political correctness" Don't feel sorry for him, he hates that!

OP, Love your new rules!

Lighten up people, life needs some laughs. Not everything has to be a pity party! Laugh at yourself and situations, makes life much more fun and bearable! But again, might just be my family, we tend to have a strange sense of humor!

I am just playing along. Mock people, wish ill on people and put smiley! :cloud9::goodvibes:goodvibes

No problem. you wished a child would fall and not really be hurt, i wished you would need a wc for something not life altering. apples to apples when you add the emoticon!:yay::thumbsup2:lmao:

Sigh...

New Rule: Michelle and Crew are now being ignored by me.

Btw, I don't think I used any emoticons in my op, the smiley face you saw was one in your head trying to get free from your oppression.

Wow are people sensitive. I genuinely feel sorry for anybody who goes on the internet, posts forums with people they don't even know, and then gets all upset and emotional by things people post on here. I just couldn't imagine having that type of burden on my mind.

Michelle and Crew, and MomtobrandonandJacob, this thread is clearly not up your alley, why don't you go away now so we can make up so more New Rules that WE find funny, even if you don't.

Translation ...

New Rule: This thread is only for people with the emotional maturity of a 12-year old and who thought that middle school was the best 6 years of their lives. :lmao::laughing::woohoo::rotfl::tongue::lmao:

Translation ...

New Rule: This thread is only for people with the emotional maturity of a 12-year old and who thought that middle school was the best 6 years of their lives. :lmao::laughing::woohoo::rotfl::tongue::lmao:

ooooh! You are a smiley expert!

sigh...:rotfl:

Translation ...

Ok, I get that this isn't your thing, but what are you hoping to accomplish? Are you trying to shame us into stopping? Are you trying to derail the thread? I mean, seriously, if you don't like this thread, move along. This isn't a thread to debate a topic, this isn't a thread attacking you specifically.

And Middle School wasn't the best 6 years of my life, I made it through in 3, I'm sorry it took you so much longer, maybe that's why you didn't like it.

How about a new rule for the DIS...
New rule: Stop purposely picking fights with people who have a good sense of humor. If you don't think they are funny, dont read it

Now move along, there is nothing to see here!

Certain people seek out these threads to point out how perfect they are....and to chastise those of us that can joke around. Been like this since I've been on DIS, and I see it is actually getting worse.

NEW RULE: If you wear a fanny-pack to the parks, I get to punch you in the back.

Ok, I get that this isn't your thing, but what are you hoping to accomplish? Are you trying to shame us into stopping? Are you trying to derail the thread? I mean, seriously, if you don't like this thread, move along. This isn't a thread to debate a topic, this isn't a thread attacking you specifically.

And Middle School wasn't the best 6 years of my life, I made it through in 3, I'm sorry it took you so much longer, maybe that's why you didn't like it.

From what I understand this is her thing. She likes to stir the pot! Let her have her fun!
I, myself found post graduate school the best time of my life!;)

Funniest thread ever. Although I don't wish for the bus to pull away unless I am already seated on it! :rotfl: <----appropriately placed smilie.

NEW RULE: If you wear a fanny-pack to the parks, I get to punch you in the back.[/QUOTE]

Now that is just so insensitive and I take offense to that. I once had to wear a fanny pack instead of a backpack due to sciatica. I hope you have sciatica and are forced to wear a fanny pack one day!:lmao:

New Rule – Any child over 6 who needs to be pushed around the park in a stroller because they are too tired to walk should be taken back to the hotel for a mandatory swim and rest break instead of having to go commando at all cost.

I found the op quite amusing and understand the spirit in which it was posted. Unfortunately, this does open up a thread that is likely to hurt many fellow disboard followers. Unless you've walked in the shoes of someone who has been directly affected by various disabilities you may not understand the sensitive "buttons" you are pushing.

I quoted the post that hit my sensitive grandma button. I'm sure wtccheermom came up with that one because I've seen many families that might apply to. But, if she had seen us giving our 7 year-old awake and happy granddaughter a ride in a Disney stroller one afternoon a year ago May in EPCOT she would not have known the story behind it. J.. has been a "toe-walker" from infancy. She's has physical therapy but still is unable to stand flat on her feet. We did WDW slower than commando style for a week (visiting parks for part of 6 days.) But we knew that the only way she could make it all the way around EPCOT would be if a stroller ride gave her some relief. She and her older sister loved their one and only trip to WDW. They still look through our photo album almost every time they are at our home.

Sigh...

New Rule: Michelle and Crew are now being ignored by me.

Btw, I don't think I used any emoticons in my op, the smiley face you saw was one in your head trying to get free from your oppression.

lol, rule...whatever...

people always read the posts from posters on ignore...Conceit wins every time!:hippie::wizard::banana::santa::3dglasses

Certain people seek out these threads to point out how perfect they are....and to chastise those of us that can joke around. Been like this since I've been on DIS, and I see it is actually getting worse.

NEW RULE: If you wear a fanny-pack to the parks, I get to punch you in the back.

Now that one actually made me laugh out loud!
I have a very vivid visual in my mind now!

This thread is ALA Bill Maher and his New Rules segment on his show. These are intended to be funny, if somewhat true, rules for the parks. If you have no sense of humor or are easily offended, you should probably not read this thread.

It seems to me we have a few people who missed this part of the first post. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter