New THREAD: Your voucher experience..do tell?

don't know if you want only for q/c but i think our best voucher meal with vkl was at bD..we split coconut shrimp, steak& shrimp, creme brulee coffee ( he gave us a free coffee also) which would have been around $47 so saved 15 ( roughly 1/3) but the nicest part was they split and plated it in the kitchen, decorated both plates and either gave us more sides or they give a giant amount of sides so we were both "full" it definetly felt like more than a $30 lunch. we saved more other places ( rfc) but enjoyed it the most here. lecellier we got basically the same meal for the same price and was also very good but 1) they did not preplate it and 2) the sides were skimpy..we literaly got 1 1/2 new potatoes ( very tiny ones at that)!

q/c the only place i did not notice already listed was pop where were got lomein, salad, tiramisu, drink $17+, hub got double cheese burger & fries, salad, tiramisu, drink $17+ so on 2 vouchers we saved $11

Wow Maggiew....what a great post! You listed exactly what I was hoping for....what was ordered and what you actually spent (hence: showing what was saved). I'm a facts and figures sort of gal.....sounds like you did super with your meals!!

Thanks also to jann1033...that was great that they split it before it arrived. Forgive me though...I've gone blank...where is BD?

thanks!
Esmerelda

I just wanted to point out that there is a thread on the budget board right now that has evolved into a different take on vouchers - lots of "not voucher" people posting why they aren't voucher people - some who just "know" they aren't voucher people - some who tried and and weren't happy. It may be worth a peek for those on the fence. I'm not a voucher person, but I think they can work for some people - it might just be worth knowing why they don't work for everyone before anyone jumps on the idea.

i.e. vouchers can be great, but they aren't for everyone and you need to think before you use them blindly or you may not be satisfied with your voucher experience.

I think what Crisi says is very important. Vouchers aren't for everyone and need to be used "smartly" for them to be worth it. For example, we like to use vouchers. But I only buy them for the meals that I KNOW we will eat and where we will save money. For example, we just got back from a 8 day trip and I purchased 5 Q&C vouchers, 2 adult VKL vouchers and 2 kid VKL vouchers, plus 8 Breakfast vouchers (for our 2 character meals). So it was only for a few of our meals. Plus, we like to share meals since none of us eat a lot at one time. So, these vouchers work for us.

Maggie

We leave Friday........I've got VKL vouchers for RFC. Has anyone recently used them at DTD? DD really wants to try the volcano can we combine hers and ours to get this dessert? Can she order off the adult menu? She's getting past the chicken nugget stage.

DH & I split VKL vouchers at Hollywood Brown Derby and Chef de France. We loved it! We had the steak at both places. We just ordered an extra drink. I am a big dessert fan so that helps make the vouchers a great value.

Originally posted by ceecee
........I've got VKL vouchers for RFC. Has anyone recently used them at DTD? DD really wants to try the volcano can we combine hers and ours to get this dessert? .

unless something changed I thought the only rfc you could use them at was at ak ( it would say on the voucher)

simonmunro...I know what you mean about dessert. What we have done is gotten ours to go because we are so full from just the food portion of the voucher. While I may not normally always order dessert...it sure is nice to have that option and to take it with you for later on!

I will say we haven't ordered steak yet with a voucher...but that's in my plan for this Octobers trip! Its nice to have to pay so little for so much food!

happy planning,
Esmerelda :)

I would like to eat at RF again in animal kingdom with the vouchers, but we will not be going to that park. I don't want to pay for parking just to eat there.

Well I just recently got back from WDW. Sept 12-18, was very nice, until the 17th the parks were pretty much walk right up to the rides.

Anyway.

There were 6 of us at RFC, and 4 of us used the Vouchers. The waiter, offered the steak and Lobster deal, and all 4 of us got them. We ordered one Sampler Appetizer taking 2 vouchers, my brother got the chicken wings and my mother the Salad.

We all got Character Sodas.

For Dessert we got one volcano, one key lime pie and one banana foster.

He brought out the check for the voucher stuff and the check said 292.65. I signed the Voucher receipt gave him the vouchers and that was that. He had a 36 tip, which we added another 30 dollars on top of.

All and all, we felt we robbed the place. I felt a little guilty but full. We ate a very late lunch, 3:30 and went hungry for about 2 hours before going to lunch/dinner.

My wife and I had two vouchers we used at Marrakesh, were the total was about 80 dollars. Which I feel is about normal.

Had Scott not offered the Steak and Lobster, odds are my wife would have gotten Lobster and I would have gotten steak and shared them.

I kept the receipt. Mainly because I will never see such a bill again.

WOOOOOWWW!!! Geez did you folks come out ahead on that one! I don't think I've ever read about a bill that size with vouchers...I would be stunned myself :)

Don't feel guilty....I imagine that Scott would not have offered it had it been a big issue with the restaurant. This sure does top my 4 vouchers and my $110+ bill 2 years ago at B/C...lol I'm glad your family enjoyed their meals and thanks for posting! By the way; what is a Volcano....?

good day,
Esmerelda :teeth:

SPARKLING VOLCANO - Enough for two or more! Giant rich chocolate brownie cake stacked up high, served warm with vanilla ice cream, fresh whipped cream, and topped with caramel and chocolate sauces. $12.99

We went to RFC at AK on Sep 14, bringing 1 adult VKL and 1 child VKL.

George of the Jungle (our server), said the child's VKL is considered the same as the adult, so we might as well order the adult items with the child VKL. He even said they count it the same way as using wishes.

So DH got the steak and ribs combo (he doesn't do seafood), buffalo wings, RFC icee in souvenir mugs (these are huge), and apple cobbler for dessert. Total price for his meal: 39.99 + 8.99 + 8.99 + 8.99 on a $15 voucher (the price he paid on Ebay)

I had the steak and lobster, shrimp cocktail, RFC icee, and bananas foster for dessert. My total was 39.99 + 10.99 + 8.99 + 8.99 on a $37 voucher (the price he paid on Ebay)

Using the child's VKL for an adult was definitely the best value we got - and yes, I kinda felt like robbing the place!:)

We used all 16 Q&C vouchers I bought, and were ahead $ on every meal we paid with them. We used the VKL (1 A and 1 C) at RFC and got amazing value. We used the breafast vouchers at CRT and PSB, and those savings are pretty straight forward.

For the Q&C's, we used them about 3 times at the food court, mostly with entrees + sides about 9., drinks 3, and sundaes 5. We were two adults, DD2 and DD11. We shared 2 vouchers and ordered an extra entree most of the time for DD11. She was usually happy with the kid's pasta, so that only added about 5. to the cost of the meal. Therefore, we got a 17. meal for 11.50. Twice, I got the special of the day, which was some kind of meat over pasta. Both times I was allowed to get an additional side, which added about 4. to the value of the voucher. For a side, they allowed me fruit salad, small salad, or a few other things I can't recall. At the Pepper Market, all four of us shared 2 vouchers. We got the Ribeye platters (about 17.99), smoothie, coke, and two fruit pastries. I will try to find my receipt for the exact savings on that meal. We all shared 1 voucher at the Japanese counter service at Epcot, since it was about 3:30. We were able to get the combo plate (about 7.99), a large green iced tea (2.29), chestnut cake, and a salad. You can no longer get sushi rolls as a side. At Flame Tree in AK, we all shared 1 voucher, since it was late. We got the smoked 1/2 chicken with beans and corn, iced tea, frozen minute maid. I think the chicken platter was about 7.50, 2.29 for the drink, and 2.? for the frozen lemonade. At the Lotus Blossom in Epcot (Chinese), we used 2 vouchers and got the Beef & Rice Bowls (I think about 8.), a side of egg rolls, a side of fried rice with beef, iced tea, coke, and two smoothies for desert. We did B&C twice, due to the delicious food! We all shared 2 vouchers each time. The first time DD11 and I shared the Roast Beef Sub (9?), as did DH and DD2. We got iced tea and cokes with free refills, onion rings (about 4), and No Way Jose (7.99) and Large Sundae (7.99) for desert both times. I may be slightly off with the prices-sorry. The second trip to B&C we both got double burgers, which they split in the kitchen for us. They were huge and delicious. They added all toppings free of charge-cheese, bacon, grilled onions.
The absolute best deal was the VKL at RFC in AK. We used one adult and 1 kid's voucher for the 4 of us, and just couldn't finish a ton of it. We combined the two vouchers and got the awesome appetizer platter, which was like two meals on its own. They had a special platter of the shrimp (fried), ribs, and steak, which was about 25. We ordered that and the steak and lobster. They upgraded the steaks to fillets (not sure what kind of fillets) and gave us two soups as add ons. I got the icee in the souvenier cup, DH got a coke. For desert, we got one cheesecake and one chocolate cake. I will need to find the receipt for this meal, but the value was MUCH more than the 50 we paid with extra tip. One meal we did not use the vouchers for, but was good value of Earl of Sandwich. The hot sandwiches were about 5 each and a warm, tasty, filling lunch.
Sorry I went on and on, but I just had to gush about the great food and value with the vouchers!

Wow Frann....thanks for posting! Sounds like you guys did quite well also and had some great meals! I can't wait for my trip coming up in October.

Esmerelda :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter