New THREAD: Your voucher experience..do tell?

It would be great if the mods could 'pin' this to the top - I know there's a thread on the Budget Board about the vouchers, but this is more about the FOOD and getting a good value - it's all about the restaurants, and which ones to choose, right?

I vote for pinning:teeth: .

I do have a question - for those who have been to RFC and used the childs voucher - how old is their version of 'child'? My youngest is 12, and I would say that at most places, it's 12 and under. What has been your experience?

KC:earsgirl:

I agree KCMiller..I would LOVE for this to be pinned to the top...but I have no idea how they chose what will go there and what won't. You're right, this was more about what were the best restaurants...what was ordered...what did you spend vs what the voucher cost..etc. The other thread seems to be more about how to obtain the vouchers...the cost...etc.

I'm not sure on your question about the 12 yr old. I think a kid (as far as food) is described as under 12? I know different folks have posted different things on here regarding that topic. I also remember reading where an adult actually used a kids voucher but I can't recall where they were at. I'm not sure what consistency WDW holds with this one if any. Hopefully, someone can answer this.

Esmerelda:teeth:

i know you can use a kids AK voucher at pizzafai for the pizza and since it's counter it's up to you if you use it for a kid or not( although i think it says for guests under 12 or some such wording) also have heard of some using a kids voucher at RFC and being order some things off the adult menu ( think appe and desserts, maybe entree also) but that was for a child and the child was present..don't know if they would be so lenient with just adults there and it could easily depend on the server's/manager's whim

I have never used the VKL or Q&C vouchers but the obes they sell in the AK are really good. If you buy the child's voucher and use it at pizzafai for a cheese pizza lunch you have already made for the voucher. You then can get either ice cream or popcorn and a bottle of soda or water. I have little kids and i got a dish of icecream at the soft serve place they gace me the sprinkles no charge the kids shared the ice cream with more left over. Later we got a popcorn to share and on the way put of the park we got a bottle of water and a coke. To make the deal even better under the cap of the coke was a coupon for a free liter bottle of coke! I felt like a real winner that day!

The kids vouchers are 5.99 plus tax. The kids pizza is 5.99 so you are even already!

Only regret is that we didnt get them till we bought lunch. If you get them early you can have the popcorn or ice cream as an early snack and then a late lunch. You have to be careful because the AK closes early so make sure you use all the features of the vouchers before the carts close.I actually got the adult ones at tusker house but plan on getting the kids ones at the pizza place the next time i go (if they still offer them)

Originally posted by luvdisney14
I would like to eat at RF again in animal kingdom with the vouchers, but we will not be going to that park. I don't want to pay for parking just to eat there.

Can't you just take the WDW transportation to the park and enter the restaurant from outside the park?

This thread is great. Trying to decide what to do about vouchers. I have 4 in my family that are not sharing types, so if I suggest combining items to make a meal for each, they would probably spontainiously combust right there in the restaurant.

Well, I'm going to WDW at the end of October, and I plan on using various vouchers at various places, so I promise to give a full report when I return. Here's my plan (and just a note - we are a good sharing family):

2 VKL Adult at RFC for me, DH, DS17, DD15 and DS12

Breakfast vouchers for CRT, if my sister gets the ressies!

We have a number of Q&C vouchers, and I want to use them 2 times at Pepper Market, at least once at Beaches and Cream, and somewhere at MK the day we do MNNSHP. Any good ideas for that?

We did the morning at MK, then took the bus from MK to the Beach Club, ate a late lunch at B&C, then took the boat to MGM. DH was skeptical at how this would work out time-wise, and yes, we were pooped at the end of the day, but we did not stay for Fantasmic that day. I would think you could do this in reverse if you were looking to end up in the MK for MNSSHP. I would start the day a bit later than normal, by taking the bus to MGM. Maybe do a few rides or shows there, then have a very late lunch/very early dinner at B&C (to avoid the worst crowds). I believe you could take the bus from B&C to MK for MNSSHP a little earlier than the party (if you have regular admission) and avoid the MNSSHP lines. You may be hungry for a light snack much later in the evening. Have fun!:wave2:

HI - has anyone used the Lunch voucher at the Whispering Canyon Cafe ? can you get the all you can eat skillet or the all you can drink milkshake ?? Thanks Michelle

i think on the vocher thread they have rose and crown listed as a good deal but it doesn't look like it from the menu..anyone used them there lately ( or eaten there for that matter with out them) and think they were worth it?

At $30 for a kingdom lunch voucher their isn't reallly value in using it at Whispering Canyon. It would be cheaper to just pay cash plus you can't split "bottomless" items.

O.K., about the bun thing... Using Beaches & Cream for an example: If I order the double cheese and pay for a bun that means I could split the one burger with the two tiny little GDs and I'd have the other one for myself. The fries and beautiful sunday, pay for an additional drink will fill all three of us as we have small appetites anyway. We use one QC, waste no food, everybody happy, EXCEPT. How do you ask for a bun & plate without feeling awkward? I just said it outloud to myself and it sounded absurd!! If you've actually done this, tell me the expression on the servers face. I could just split a meal with one GD and order the other one a kid's meal but the food left over would be so wasteful. Any advice?????????

I have asked for another bun and the server had no issue. They are quite used to people sharing meals. I have had to pay for my bun on a few occasions but often they have not charged me.

I plan to ask like this " I will have a double cheesebuger to split with my son so could I please get an extra bun and plate . Thank you " at which point i do expect the server to say it will be an additional dollar or so for the bun which i will say " yes i understand . again thank you " Michelle

It does go quite smoothly at B&C. I just tell them we have a voucher and we will be splitting a meal. I order a double cheeseburger and an extra-bun. Typically, they split the meal and bring it out on 2 plates.

I do like the food and service here. Make sure you pick some songs on the juke box too! There is no charge to play selections.:wave:

DH and I split a voucher meal here. We got a double burger and no extra bun. They just cut the burger in half and brought it out on two plates, no problem.

Originally posted by LglBlonde
DH and I split a voucher meal here. We got a double burger and no extra bun. They just cut the burger in half and brought it out on two plates, no problem.

That's what DD and I did. They just cut the double cheeseburger, in half, and split our onion rings, brought out on two plates. When we got our sundae, she gave us both spoons.

I can't wait to go back...those sundaes sure are good! :)

We loved Beaches & Cream, and hope to get back there this trip.

Does anyone have any recent experiences at MK to share? Counter service info is what I'm looking for - and thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter