News and Developments for Future In-Person runDisney Events

wait standby... sorry TA says princess likely moved to feb 25 to 28th... so thst may definitely be happening

This is what I would assume for Princess. Where are they hearing this information? I will be surprised if they don't do Marathon Weekend

wait standby... sorry TA says princess likely moved to feb 25 to 28th... so thst may definitely be happening
Which makes sense as Gasparilla is Feb 26th/27th and they historically run the same weekends weird princess was would be fri-mon instead of thu-sun though unless they are changing things up

Any hint on whether TAs are getting bib packages?

TA's don't get 'bib packages' anymore. We can book the races as a packages with a room/tickets, but it's not only specific agencies anymore. Whether or not they will allow us to is to be determined but I don't see why they wouldn't

We have Wine and Dine and Marathon reservations, just curious, for people that have Princess locked in based on the typical weekend dates do you think it's going to be hard for you to switch/update reservation? Based on when the Marathon is, I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to change if you act as soon as the dates are announced.

We have Wine and Dine and Marathon reservations, just curious, for people that have Princess locked in based on the typical weekend dates do you think it's going to be hard for you to switch/update reservation? Based on when the Marathon is, I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to change if you act as soon as the dates are announced.
I have never run Princess, but since Star Wars/whatever it’s going to be was kind of questionable, I booked Feb 24-28 (back in March) based on someone’s predicted info. I would like to run two weekends (Jan and April), but if one of my ‘normals’ wasn’t happening or didn’t work out, I booked for Princess just in case.

Right now, reservations on that Feb 25-27 are easy to find and put on hold. President's Day, not so much

TA's don't get 'bib packages' anymore. We can book the races as a packages with a room/tickets, but it's not only specific agencies anymore. Whether or not they will allow us to is to be determined but I don't see why they wouldn't
yeah, sorry by packages i keep referring to the practice of TAs offering bibs with hotels, not that it is officially part of a rundisney package.... i RREALLLLLY hope TAs are able to sell bibs

Right now, reservations on that Feb 25-27 are easy to find and put on hold. President's Day, not so much
yeah, the TA basically emailed me to move my original dates based on her info.... so that's why it feels like Princess is solid, and seems like that could imply Marathon is a go too... i believe we hear today, or worst case this week.... God I hope. please runDisney, be today, be soon

Last edited:

I booked around 11 month mark for after presidents weekend because I have DVC. There seems to be plenty of availability. But when the leak came out with those other dates I put in another reservation for presidents weekend, that weekend is tight. I really need them to announce soon, so I can let go one of the reservations. I am really hoping they do not do it over presidents day weekend because that is already looking crowded and it will be hard for reservations for a lot of people.

I booked around 11 month mark for after presidents weekend because I have DVC. There seems to be plenty of availability. But when the leak came out with those other dates I put in another reservation for presidents weekend, that weekend is tight. I really need them to announce soon, so I can let go one of the reservations. I am really hoping they do not do it over presidents day weekend because that is already looking crowded and it will be hard for reservations for a lot of people.
It won't be President's Day weekend. They choose the dates based on slow times at the parks to draw guests

yeah, the TA basically emailed me to move my original dates based on her info.... so that's why it feels like Princess is solid, and seems like that could imply Marathon is a go too... i believe we hear today, or worst case this week

I have a number of clients who have that last weekend in February on hold already so I think you're TA is definitely doing the right thing! With these races, it's better to be prepared. It's easier to modify dates on a reservation you already have than make a new one.

Hope so!

she didn't reply with an answer to that question... usually she would, so im not optimistic, but I'll email with only that question now
no news on this front... TA says even if it happens, it could be a cluster like before where they had a pool to try to access, which feels like regular registration for us. sigh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter