News and Developments for Future In-Person runDisney Events

I'd like to see different courses for different weekends and the whole 5k, 10k, half, challenge for every weekend gets old. I imaging they will always run MW down Main Street and through the Castle and the full should run through all 4 parks since that is the draw but the actual route, start and finish lines, etc can change.

Well, the finish line is pretty much set in the Epcot parking lot, just because that's where they've got the space.

I doubt they'll take the opportunity to make a lot of changes to the races right off the bat. They're coming back from a very destabilizing time, it'll make everybody feel better to be able to say, "Okay, we've done this before, we know how all of this works."

I'd love to see them bring back the ToT 10-miler. I'm sure they won't, but I'd love it anyway. :D

I'm really thinking an announcement comes this week for both W&D (I think this might be virtual :( ) and MW. I have no insider info, but they are running short on time, especially if that leaked July 20 registration date is legit.

I've not yet been to Marathon weekend, but I've done a bunch of the half marathon weekends. I've had race starts and finishes at the TTC, Epcot, and WWoS. I've also run through all four parks during half marathon runs so there has been some variety there.

my favorite course aside from having to navigate some slight skyliner related construction was W&D 2017/SW 2018's 10K .....I really want to do the marathon weekend half once I build to that distance as I really would love to run magic (and I was so looking forward to the W&D 5K at animal kingdom in 2019 and was so upset that two days after AP registration they announced it being moved to Epcot)

I'd love to see them bring back the ToT 10-miler. I'm sure they won't, but I'd love it anyway. :D

I'm really thinking an announcement comes this week for both W&D (I think this might be virtual :( ) and MW. I have no insider info, but they are running short on time, especially if that leaked July 20 registration date is legit.
We started doing RunDisney events in 2014, right after the ToT 10-miler, and have always wished they'd bring it back! While we love the different events during marathon weekend, it seems like each other race weekend essentially mirrored the MW courses (sans marathon) and atmosphere, albeit with a different theme (Princess, Star Wars, Wine & Dine). Hopefully, the break enabled them to re-imagine what RunDisney events can be like, and we see some new events going into 2022!

I'd like to see different courses for different weekends and the whole 5k, 10k, half, challenge for every weekend gets old.

That's actually not a bad problem to have when you think about it. Some of us have never gotten to enjoy runDisney races yet.

I’m only “perfect” in two Disney races - ESPN - The Weekend 5K and ToT (in all incarnations - 13K and 10 miler). That’s the guarantee that it will never return 😥

And then Disney Parks Blog started announcing stuff last Tuesday at about 8:10 CDT.

I didn’t go back to past weeks (Tuesdays) to see the timing of those.

ETA: Looks like Fireworks were announced at about 3:30 CDT - two weeks ago.

TA is telling me rumors are first hosted weekend is Princess. I hope she is wrong!

i dont think they moved marathon to that weekend either
Umm… if it’s that kind of news, it could be a Friday announcement…
Nothing wrong with Princess, but I would be severely disappointed for MW!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter