News and Developments for Future In-Person runDisney Events

I’m a tad annoyed with the new POT cutoff that was posted for W&D. Those capable of running a sub 2 half (or getting a qualifying 10K time) are few and far between. Just look historically at the very small percentage of bibs assigned to A & B corral. I’m thinking A & B will be combined into corral A now with Club RunDisney in B. That really stinks for those that are minutes away from a sub 2 half being lumped in with thousands of other people who are going to lie about their estimated finish time.

I’m good for POT for a half, but the POT cutoff for Dopey has me worried. Fingers crossed that it is sub 4:30. I would miss a 4:15 cutoff by 2 minutes with my best 10 miler. I am training for the Chicago marathon in October, but with my health issues I would be lucky to pull off a 4:45.

ETA: Don’t even get me started in th elimination of the AP/DVC benefit. I stuck it out with Disney during shutdown. I never canceled my pass and took the extension. This is like a big FU complete with middle finger coming from Disney after giving them my.loyalty.
Never tried for Dopey before so dumb question and easy answer for you guys. Can you submit a half POT or 10 miler for Dopey or does it have to be a full.

We are stressed about this too, what are you going to do if you get both though or get the F&W challenge first?

That’s an easy one! Run both!

Dopey is the one I care most about, but I love the villains theming of W&D, too. NBC is my favorite Disney movie and Kronk & Yzma are seriously underrated as a comedy (I mean villain) duo.

Never tried for Dopey before so dumb question and easy answer for you guys. Can you submit a half POT or 10 miler for Dopey or does it have to be a full.

10 miler or longer works for Dopey PoT.

That’s an easy one! Run both!

Dopey is the one I care most about, but I love the villains theming of W&D, too. NBC is my favorite Disney movie and Kronk & Yzma are seriously underrated as a comedy (I mean villain) duo.
Not sure our 10 and 7 year old would be cool with mom and dad going to Disney twice in three months without them 😂

Not sure our 10 and 7 year old would be cool with mom and dad going to Disney twice in three months without them 😂

I have the advantage of my daughters being 22 and 28 at that point; however, my wife is a teacher and she won’t be as cool about me taking two solo trips when she can’t get away!

Have they posted any info about charity partners?
I'm probably going this route. I've heard from multiple sources now that charities will be getting bibs.

Edit: Here's a link to the list of last year's MW charities. Contacting them might be a good place to start, both to avoid the stress of registration day and to help out a good cause. :-) Participating Charities & Travel Providers

Last edited:
I'm probably going this route. I've heard from multiple sources now that charities will be getting bibs.

Edit: Here's a link to the list of last year's MW charities. Contacting them might be a good place to start, both to avoid the stress of registration day and to help out a good cause. :-) Participating Charities & Travel Providers
Thank you for posting this! I’m only planning to register for the marathon in January so I think I have a good chance of getting in, but I’m definitely going to look into charities for Princess weekend!

Please have pity for a newbie here - I want to run my first runDisney race on Princess weekend (5k). I will be out of the country when registration opens and now we can't use DVC for early access - how freaked should I be? Any recommendations? Should I bring my laptop vs trying to register on my phone? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Please have pity for a newbie here - I want to run my first runDisney race on Princess weekend (5k). I will be out of the country when registration opens and now we can't use DVC for early access - how freaked should I be? Any recommendations? Should I bring my laptop vs trying to register on my phone? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Honestly, you will want to try on multiple devices. It's going to be madness. Get online to the site about 20 minutes before it opens and the spinning wheel will keep you in a queue until the site lets you in

Sorta freaked?! I would certainly not bring a laptop for this purpose only--and I would definitely not do this unless it was on secure Wifi or cell data (i.e. no slow, insecure hotel wifi or public hotspots). If you have a data plan that supports whichever country you would be in, then that would be the best bet.

Anyone you can trust stateside while you are gone that could try to register you?

I'd bring the laptop personally but then again I always travel with a computer. You could always give someone your login and have them register for you. Just remember to change the password once they no longer need it.

Sorta freaked?! I would certainly not bring a laptop for this purpose only--and I would definitely not do this unless it was on secure Wifi or cell data (i.e. no slow, insecure hotel wifi or public hotspots). If you have a data plan that supports whichever country you would be in, then that would be the best bet.

Anyone you can trust stateside while you are gone that could try to register you?
That is my other option, to rely on my adult child to get it done for me (with all the info spelled out for him).

5k goes the fastest, I think. Make sure you properly incentivize your son to get it done.....bribes==success! ;)
Oh, i plan on many bribes! If I am online (or him!) right at 10 EST, how likely will I get in? Have you experienced it selling out while you're waiting?

Oh, i plan on many bribes! If I am online (or him!) right at 10 EST, how likely will I get in? Have you experienced it selling out while you're waiting?
2019 princess sold out before I could get in. I was going for the 10k that year and other races were still available. For 2020 races, it seemed like people were striking out left and right. I imagine this year will be especially crazy because of all the people who are dying to do them now.

I’d suggest having your adult son log in on multiple devices as well and hope for the best! The 5K could go quickly. It seems to be very random, in my experience sometimes logging in right at 10am gets you in faster than logging in before 10am (this has happened more than once for my family, but I think sometimes it also depends on the device and probably luck). On registration day it’s all hands on deck!

Edit to add: Yes, races can sell out while you’re still waiting in the queue…

Honestly, you will want to try on multiple devices. It's going to be madness. Get online to the site about 20 minutes before it opens and the spinning wheel will keep you in a queue until the site lets you in

I did this with 3 devices for the summer 5k series. Phone on LTE, laptop (different browser from phone) and ipad on wifi. Was logged in and had the "spinning circle of death" 20min before registration was supposed to open. And you know what actually worked? When I opened YET ANOTHER BROWSER on my laptop 10min after registration had opened. It got through within 2 minutes, and I was able to do everything, and 15min later everything else (that I had been logged into and waiting for 35+min at that point) was still not getting anywhere. Disney IT makes no sense.

I did this with 3 devices for the summer 5k series. Phone on LTE, laptop (different browser from phone) and ipad on wifi. Was logged in and had the "spinning circle of death" 20min before registration was supposed to open. And you know what actually worked? When I opened YET ANOTHER BROWSER on my laptop 10min after registration had opened. It got through within 2 minutes, and I was able to do everything, and 15min later everything else (that I had been logged into and waiting for 35+min at that point) was still not getting anywhere. Disney IT makes no sense.
THANK YOU to everyone who answered, I really do feel a sense of community here - hopefully we will all see each other there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter