News and Developments for Future In-Person runDisney Events

I've never tried to register that many people at once, so I ask this purely out of curiosity. Would having to enter information for 6 people end up risking the race(s) selling out by the time you get to check out? Would it be better to split it up based on how many people/devices you have? Two groups of 3? Three groups of 2? I know any option leaves room for races selling out, but I was just wondering... :scratchin
I still think I'd want to register everyone together. Assuming they won't have POT, That leaves masses of people who will get more random assignments to corals. If you register together then they should have you all in the same corral. If not everyone could end up split up. Now everyone can just drop back to the latest corral on race day but that might not be ideal.

Considering both of the above, maybe we will split up the 5K and 10K people. One of the 5K's is a 9 year old so we don't want him in a different corral for sure.

The main issue with RD registration is that your registration is not "held" in your basket for any amount of time while you are busy filling in details/payment etc. So things can definitely sell out for even one person, let alone six.

Also, and I can't recall since I have only registered more than one person once, while you do have the ability register multiple people in one session, I thought the process went more like this: "Register #1 (select race, enter details)--complete the transaction (pay), Register #2--complete the transaction, etc" rather than "Register #1, Register #2, etc AND THEN complete the transaction". Method 1 at least has the potential of getting some races, vs Method #2 which could be all or none.
I believe, if I remember correctly, it’s best to hold off on buying ANY of the junk until AFTER registration goes through, then log back into your account and add in all the special stuff, like the race bundles, jackets, hats, special pins, commemorative Homer Simpson “I didn’t finish” t-shirts, etc that are only available to registrants.

People have been talking about “going the charity route”. How much does it cost to register for a charity bib? When do they open those up for sale? Is it done through runDisney or the individual charity?
they all require varying fundraising amounts. Usually $500-$3000 depending on if you are doing 5K-Dopey or anything in between. You have to work with the charity themselves

I still think I'd want to register everyone together. Assuming they won't have POT, That leaves masses of people who will get more random assignments to corals. If you register together then they should have you all in the same corral. If not everyone could end up split up. Now everyone can just drop back to the latest corral on race day but that might not be ideal.
That makes a lot of sense, I didn't even think about corral placement!

The main issue with RD registration is that your registration is not "held" in your basket for any amount of time while you are busy filling in details/payment etc. So things can definitely sell out for even one person, let alone six.

Also, and I can't recall since I have only registered more than one person once, while you do have the ability register multiple people in one session, I thought the process went more like this: "Register #1 (select race, enter details)--complete the transaction (pay), Register #2--complete the transaction, etc" rather than "Register #1, Register #2, etc AND THEN complete the transaction". Method 1 at least has the potential of getting some races, vs Method #2 which could be all or none.
This is exactly what I was wondering about! With method 1, I could completely understand doing everyone's registration because you'd be in, while other devices might still be spinning, and you'd (hopefully) get more people registered. I was thinking it was more like Method 2, where you have to enter everyone's info, wait until the end to pay, and then either be really happy because everyone's in or really disappointed because it sold out in the process (while potentially thinking you could've had a better shot if you split up)! Method 1 sounds much more logical.

Considering both of the above, maybe we will split up the 5K and 10K people. One of the 5K's is a 9 year old so we don't want him in a different corral for sure.
That could be a good idea. A little of the best of both worlds! If you get one group done and the next person's device still hasn't gotten in, you could keep registering the next group on the first device.

they all require varying fundraising amounts. Usually $500-$3000 depending on if you are doing 5K-Dopey or anything in between. You have to work with the charity themselves
Since I’d be doing W&D, that rules out Dopey and I don’t do the challenge, so I’m guessing a half would be less than $1,000?

Since I’d be doing W&D, that rules out Dopey and I don’t do the challenge, so I’m guessing a half would be less than $1,000?
Probably! It really varies based on the charity. Maybe $750! You can browse most of them and see what they were for 2021

Probably! It really varies based on the charity. Maybe $750! You can browse most of them and see what they were for 2021
Of course, my other concern is corral placement. I’m not sure about this, but I suspect that, in the past, AP and DVC were getting SLIGHTLY better corral placements. As I noted earlier, garden slugs easily saunter past me on the course, yet, I always get placed in a “middle of the pack” corral (which I GREATLY appreciate, as I don’t stop for photo ops, except maybe towards the end and only if it’s a character that really is important to me - otherwise, I can get my photo ops at the party 😀)

Of course, my other concern is corral placement. I’m not sure about this, but I suspect that, in the past, AP and DVC were getting SLIGHTLY better corral placements. As I noted earlier, garden slugs easily saunter past me on the course, yet, I always get placed in a “middle of the pack” corral (which I GREATLY appreciate, as I don’t stop for photo ops, except maybe towards the end and only if it’s a character that really is important to me - otherwise, I can get my photo ops at the party 😀)

How you get your bib (outside of Club Run Disney) has nothing to do with corral placement. I did a charity for 2020 Goofy. The registration for the race was handled through the RunDisney site (via a link from the charity), where I had to submit my POT.

How you get your bib (outside of Club Run Disney) has nothing to do with corral placement. I did a charity for 2020 Goofy. The registration for the race was handled through the RunDisney site (via a link from the charity), where I had to submit my POT.
I wonder if the rD registration process will even ask the AP/DVC questions any more? 😥

Same here - coming from Canada and flights/ hotel have been booked for months now. If I can get a spot we’ll be there.
A third Canuck here. Looks like Canada will be opening pretty soon for travel (according to news posts today).

My hotels have been booked forever. I have held off on booking the flights until I know I have a bib. I still have a credit with the airlines from last year's cancellation that I am hoping to use.

Best of luck to you.

Received from the TA I used for W&D 2020:

“As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, we are allowed to book your hotel & park tickets for these race weekends. However, Disney has decided that guests will be responsible to get their own race registrations directly through runDisney.”

I am not sure being an AP had anything to do with it. My friends and I were all placed in the corrals equivalent to our respective times. Some were in A, all the way to the last corral. This was through multiple races.

Received from the TA I used for W&D 2020:

“As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, we are allowed to book your hotel & park tickets for these race weekends. However, Disney has decided that guests will be responsible to get their own race registrations directly through runDisney.”

Translation: The only way to avoid the chaos and uncertainty of general registration from this point forward will be to buy into our massively overpriced “club”.

Translation: The only way to avoid the chaos and uncertainty of general registration from this point forward will be to buy into our massively overpriced “club”.
Then re-open entry. The only reason I DIDN’T buy into it is that I figured they were trying to extend a perk to people who were runners but weren’t AP/DVC (for example, people from outside the US). Had I known that this was just a registration fee increase, I would have paid. Sigh. rD did a really bad job of communicating that CrD was going to be the ONLY early registration vehicle going forward 😡

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter