News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
News

Monorail breakdown

https://wdwnt.com/2018/06/breaking-...ngers-onboard-towed-to-magic-kingdom-station/

The windows did not fall off the monorail. It is my understanding guests were instructed to remove the windows to provide airflow due to power loss. There were bad storms in the area that could have caused that.
Well a power loss from a storm makes me feel better than the train saying “nah I think I’m tired and just take a nap here”.

I remember something similar happened 6 or 7 years ago after a storm. I think a tree hit a transformer in that case

News

Monorail breakdown

https://wdwnt.com/2018/06/breaking-...ngers-onboard-towed-to-magic-kingdom-station/

The windows did not fall off the monorail. It is my understanding guests were instructed to remove the windows to provide airflow due to power loss. There were bad storms in the area that could have caused that.

That seems like the probable reason. I guess I can't blame wdwnt though (as much as we usually do), the social media post made it sound like they fell out

That seems like the probable reason. I guess I can't blame wdwnt though (as much as we usually do), the social media post made it sound like they fell out
Yes but if you use common sense I am not sure how multiple windows could just randomly fall out. The original social media post is at fault as well.

Yes but if you use common sense I am not sure how multiple windows could just randomly fall out. The original social media post is at fault as well.

Agreed. It's a tough situation because usually an in-person report with photos should be trusted, but the multiple windows thing should have been a lightbulb

We were at the MK yesterday around four and one of the monorails (orange, I think, or peach?) was stopped just beyond the Contemporary. They were directing everyone to the buses and the ferry. That was around 4pm.

Haven't seen this verified here yet, but Touring Plans is reporting that Be Our Guest will be closed 8/20/18 through 8/25/18.

We were at the MK yesterday around four and one of the monorails (orange, I think, or peach?) was stopped just beyond the Contemporary. They were directing everyone to the buses and the ferry. That was around 4pm.

That time of evening is generally when they start bringing monorails onto the track to prepare for evening crowds. When a switch happens, no trains are able to move and it can cause a pretty decent backup if they don't route guests to other forms of transportation.

Video

The cast of Frozen: The Broadway Musical performs "First Time In Forever/Let It Go" at the 2018 Tony Awards!

Frozen was nominated for 3 Tony Awards including Best Musical, but it did not win any awards that it was nominated for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter