News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been strange ever since the D23 announcement. If I remember correctly, Pixar Pier was the one announcement that gathered the least amount of cheers/applause during the Parks and Resorts Presentation.

I have always had hope that Pixar Pier would do well. However, with it opening with two attractions not even opening yet, since when has Disney done something like that? New Fantasyland maybe? I consider that different since Disney added a lot of things. A lot of Pixar Pier is just overlays of existing attractions.
Pixar Pier is entirely overlays. The inside out attraction is overlaying Fliks from Bugsland. I think they could’ve done much better.

This is pure speculation (I have no source to be clear): It feels like there is something up with the Pixar Pier backstory and how that project has played out that hasn't been reported imo, more than likely tied to the Lasseter Fall out (someone correct me if I'm wrong but he was gung-ho about this overlay from what I can recall).

All that being said - I am quite excited about the Lamplight Lounge (have my reservations booked for lunch and dinner in July), the merch, as well as the new load building for the Incredicoaster.

This is pure speculation (I have no source to be clear): It feels like there is something up with the Pixar Pier backstory and how that project has played out that hasn't been reported imo, more than likely tied to the Lasseter Fall out (someone correct me if I'm wrong but he was gung-ho about this overlay from what I can recall).

All that being said - I am quite excited about the Lamplight Lounge (have my reservations booked for lunch and dinner in July), the merch, as well as the new load building for the Incredicoaster.
He was overly excited when he announced it at the D23 Expo last year. I don't think anything from the Pixar Pier announcement has changed from the final product to my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter