News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer. Didn’t think of that. I would guess Trump will be taken down immediately on or around Jan 20. Guess it is surprising that hasn’t happened yet.

If I remember correctly, the Hall of Presidents closed for refurbishment the inauguration day in 2009 and 2017. It reopened in July 2009 and late fall 2017.

Edit: Just checked and the post-Bush refurb began around Election Day in November 2008. No annoucement regarding the upcoming expected closure.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, the Hall of Presidents closed for refurbishment the inauguration day in 2009 and 2017. It reopened in July 2009 and late fall 2017.
Fingers crossed that remains true this year. Our first WDW day is Jan 19, with a MK park pass, so I’m hoping we can sneak it in!

Could it be something as simple as just being taken back stage for some maintenance work?
If that's the case, why is the "graffiti" removed on the side as well? Maybe reading too much into it... But, is this foreshadowing the loss of the Muppet Courtyard? Was happy to see they restored the Muppet fountain though...

Everglazed & Cold Brew at DS is opening this AM to the general public. They just showed it on our local news and have a donut garden (fancy name for a place to sit). I was somewhat surprised they are serving alcohol coffee drinks.

yeah, like I said, I think I don't "get" twitter - or at least not what is is apparently for. I am on it a lot but I just use it to get news - particularly sports related as it gets there earlier than other sources, I barely post myself ... but then I see other people using it to like reach out to companies with complaints and stuff like that ... just feels like airing dirty laundry

Did I mention I am not fun ... and also old?

I use it the same way, and I think most people do the same. I very rarely read responses to tweets unless it's people I follow that I like their opinion. It's just like the comment section of blogs/articles.

BTW - Craig from the DIS is there now trying Everglazed. His overall take seems to be that things are quite good, if over priced (it is Disney) but he isn't sure if they are good enough to go out of your way for, and just so many options at Disney Springs that he doesn't see himself frequenting there. That the set up for something like VooDoo Donuts is better as you pass it leaving the Universal Parks/going through CityWalk

BTW - Craig from the DIS is there now trying Everglazed. His overall take seems to be that things are quite good, if over priced (it is Disney) but he isn't sure if they are good enough to go out of your way for, and just so many options at Disney Springs that he doesn't see himself frequenting there. That the set up for something like VooDoo Donuts is better as you pass it leaving the Universal Parks/going through CityWalk

Those donuts are crazy expensive

definitely more interested in the drinks ... and compared to the donuts, they don't seem crazily priced. I mean, one of the specialty cold brews comes with an entire donut on top for $10 vs $5.5 for just the donut

$10 for that drink/donut, that I am sure is enough to share with someone doesn't seem crazy by Disney standards

Any indication of increased capacity to meet with February break's typical upswing.
Seems like hours are expanding slightly, now park hopping. Seems like capacity(not just park capacity) is being optimized).
I guess what I'm asking, isn't so much about park capacity, but restaurants, attractions, transportation. Obviously disney is learning as they go in this situation. They certainly use data to help drive decisions.
I would think opening up a few more restaurant's could help with capacity, but unsure if they can staff it, or if reduced capacity dining rooms just don't cover their expenses.

Ya .. seems way crazy ... you can get a "real" dessert at a restaurant for that price. But they are very creative and probably labor intensive to create (compared to say Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme) they sorta have to be that price. Will just have to see if there is demand for a "high-end" donut at that price.

But I agree with Craig .. just not sure how popular a donut place will be at a place that people usually aren't going to for breakfast and doesn't get foot traffic like CityWalk does. Yes .. you can have donuts any time of day -- but with so many other dessert choices at Disney Springs will it be able to survive .. especially with reduced capacity? . Or will it just be like most donut places around the country and just be "trendy" for a year or two?

Any indication of increased capacity to meet with February break's typical upswing.
Seems like hours are expanding slightly, now park hopping. Seems like capacity(not just park capacity) is being optimized).
I guess what I'm asking, isn't so much about park capacity, but restaurants, attractions, transportation. Obviously disney is learning as they go in this situation. They certainly use data to help drive decisions.
I would think opening up a few more restaurant's could help with capacity, but unsure if they can staff it, or if reduced capacity dining rooms just don't cover their expenses.
I think if they will just expand hours like they did in December and have done up through January 23rd (MLK week). I don't see them opening more "stuff" (restaurants, attractions or transportation) until the Spring or Summer when more resorts open up and guests coming will pick up due to "vacation mode". Heck . you may see the opposite to cut costs during a potential slow period? (some low-demand restaurants close .. some other attractions go under the refurbishment knife).

All just speculation on my part.

Will there even be a "February break upswing"? this year? I am sure a little (compared to say late January) .. but normal vacation patterns have been disrupted for a year now, so who knows what people are planning. For my family .. since we shifted to home school (like many have), we are no longer "tied" to the normal vacation times.

My youngest daughter is a NICU Nurse and received her first vaccine shot 3 weeks ago and will get her second shot sometime next week. I am in Indiana and other first responders (police and firefighters) are now in the process of getting their shots (my one son in law who is a town marshal received his first shot on Monday). Going to be awhile before they get to the general public. Going to WDW end of March and looks like it is 50/50 if vaccine will be available for me before my trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter