Nicola and Andrew 3/23/09 noon WP/Portobello/Morocco More pictures

Just beautiful on you!!!! I believe I might like the longer earrings. May I see a closer shot of them?

I tried to get a good shot but I couldnt, so I found them online!! Here is a picture:
22348.jpg

Im flying home this weekend! (Yea for getting out of this cold!!) I am meeting with the Marriott on Friday to do a taste testing (for my Houston reception)!! But first on Thursday I am meeting with the cake people to look at cakes and then on Friday I am meeting with the linen people to pick out linens!! Then Friday night my moms friends are hosting a bridal shower for me and then Saturday we are going to the Bridal Extravaganza!!!! Im really excited to be going home and to be able to do some planning!!

I sent my escape planning pages back to Tanis last week so im waiting for a response from her!! and I talked to Rosie again last week and I think my floral is planned!!

Here is a quick trip report from my trip to Houston

I landed in Houston on Thursday at noon. My mom picked me up and we headed out for some lunch before we had to meet the cake people. Before I left for Houston Andrew adn I talked about cakes and decided that we wanted a pink and brown madd hatter type cake. We ate and headed over to the cake place. After I walked in and introduyced my self the cook asked me where my big binder of pictures was. Well I did not have one. It was all in my head. As I was looking around the room she asked me what type of cake I wanted and right in front of me was a picture of a brown and pink madd hatter cake. I said I want that one!! and pointed to the picture. Well that made it nice and easy!! So we talked about the details and I have to say I am VERY excited to see what my cake will look like! I now have to find some sort of topper so any ideas will be very helpful (im not using flowers so no flowers!!!) Then we talked about the grooms cake!! Andrew is getting a yellow Lego! Im excited to see how that turns out!! That night I went with my mom to play POKENO and won third place ($20) and my mom won first!!

Then on Friday we where supoed to meet with the linen people but she had to reschedual!! so we went shopping!! That night my moms friend threw me a bridal shower!! It was at someones house and they had food from a local italian resturant!! It was soo god and so much fun! There was 15 of us and it was a fun evening!! And Andrew and I have alot of shopping to do!! gotta love the girft cards!!

Saturday was the Houston Bridal Extravaganza!!! So we woke up and drove down to my sisters apt. We got breakfast and headed over to the convention center. Boy was it crowded!!! I had fun but im not sure that my mom did. Oh well. Now I getr to go through and e-mail all the people I talked to and find a DJ and photographer. That night I went with my parents to Wine Tasting. A group of my parents friends get together and try differnt wines. Not my thing but better than sitting at home.

Sunday I didnt do much. Ate some really good food!! My mom cooked a Sunday dinner (Chicken, gravy, veg, ect...) SOOO good!! I also booked my flights tyo Orlando for the wedding!! My dad used some of his air miles and upgraded us to first class from Portland to Orlando!!! Ill be able to get on and take care of my dress with out having to worry about it!! Andrew does not know that he did this for us and im not planning on telling him. We are taking the red eye so the first class seats will be nice!! Im excited about that!

Monday morning was when I reschedualed the linens for, so we got up and went to meet them. I decided on brown table cloths with pink chair bows!! I am excited to see what all of this looks like! After we met them we went and met my sister for lunch then did some more shopping. Then it was time for me to fly home. The flight was offering flight credit because the flight was full and I almost took it but I would not have landed until midnight adn I was back at work at 7am this morning so i decided not to (but that $$ would have been nice for our honeymmoon flights)

Then today after work I booked my first dress fitting! I have a few pictures from this weekend but I can not find my cable. So ill look and post some later!! Andrew also tald me that his mom would like to throw me a shower!! I was not expecting that but it will be very nice if she does! Well I think that is it for now!! Only a couple of months to go!!!

You are getting very close now. I looked back and saw the earrings and I do really like them based on the pic you posted! did you ever decide? :goodvibes Don't forget that we want to see pictures, lots of pictures!!

OMG im leaving in one week!!!! IM GETTING REALLY EXCITED!!!!! I pick up my dress tommorrow, im getting my hair cut and highlighted and then pack and wait until we leave!!!

I dyed my crinnie pink to go with the flowers and my shoes. I just hope that it is not too much...we will find out in less than 2 weeks:cool1: :cool1:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

You are getting very close now. I looked back and saw the earrings and I do really like them based on the pic you posted! did you ever decide? :goodvibes Don't forget that we want to see pictures, lots of pictures!!

I have not decided on the earing...i will be taking them all and ill chose when my dress is on and my hair is done!! (I still dont know how im wearing my hair for sure) It will all be decided the day of!!!

:banana: :banana: We leave tonight!!!:banana: :banana:

Im soo excited!!! Hopefully ill have lots of pictures when I get back!!!!

here are some vendor reviews!!! Ill be starting the TR soon!!!!

Disney Fairytale Weddings - Tanis Armstrong: B

I liked working with Tanis but she was hard to get in touch with at times. It made it harder when she was out for the last few months of last year. I did not like John and I did not do much planning during that time. She was really nice on the day of the wedding but I think I got more information on what was going on from Randy.

Disney Fairytale Weddings - Rosie Carabbia: A+

I loved talking to Rosie on the phone. She had some great ideas and listened to mine! My personal flowers were PERFECT!!! The BM flowers were what I wanted but I think they are REALLY over priced but that is not her fault!!

Photography - Randy Chapman: A+ (Haven’t gotten pictures yet)
Just like everything people have said about him in the past, I LOVED HIM!!! He knew what he was doing and really helped the day run smoothly. When I forgot the marriage license in the room, he reassured me that it would be taken care of. He relayed the information from me to the DFTW people. Truly amazing!! He was early and stayed late and was waiting for us for the DP!! I can’t wait to see all my pictures. I watched one of the videos that FIL had running for us (he had 3 cameras set up) Andrew and I never saw him in front of us but you can see him zipping all over the WP in the video.

Officiate - Ron Rosenzweig: A
I had read mixed reviews about him in the past, but he was nondenominational so we went with him. We had no problems and the ceremony ran smoothly. I would recommend him to anyone!

Disney Staff: A
The limo driver was nice (he did end up keeping our rose petals, he told us that Andrew’s family took everything from the limo but he had them up front with him) The Violinist was really nice. My BIL played something when he was in high school so he knows music. He asked her to play something and was able to play it for him! I didn’t really talk to her but my family did.

Mears driver: A
The driver for the DP was really nice. When we got backstage he went to the wrong area and then asked us if we knew where to go….ummm isn’t that his job. He did figure it out!! After the DP he took my parents back to their resort. This was not the original plan but he had no problem doing it! (we did still have time left but he could have said nope this is what I was told to do and its what im doing!)

MK Photoshoot - Amy Alexander:A+ (dont have pictures yet)

I LOVED working with her!! She was really nice and really worked hard to get some great shots (I have not seen anything yet) I would have like some more shots on Main Street (we didnt get any) She picked us up at 5:00am and we did not get back to AKL until 9:00. We did both MK and EPCOT. We then did our honeymoon shoot at AKL. She waited while we went and changed then spent 30min around the resort with us. She would move things around to get the shot. It was alot of fun!! and we LOVED her!! If our pictures are anything like what we have seen from her I will be really excited!!!

Can't wait to read the TR. I'm having my DP is Morocco and I am dying to read a report from someone who actually posts pictures and discusses the location :goodvibes

Day One!!
Our flight left at 11:59 pm on Wednesday March 18th. I was originally supposed to work that morning but they had over scheduled for the week so I got the day off. I spend the day doing last minute shopping and packing!! Andrew had a final that night before we left. After Andrew finished his final and got home his cousin picked us up and took us to the airport!! Flying with a huge dress is not really fun. My dad upgraded us to first class so we got to get on the plane first. I had not told Andrew that we were flying first so when they called for first to load the plane I told him to go get on!! He told me he kind of figured it out but he was really excited to be up in first!!! When we got on the plane and I asked the flight attendant if we could put my dress in the coat closet. She said yes…well there was another person with a big white bridal bag. When she got on she pretty much DEMANDED that they hang her dress up. She was so rude to the flight attendant. The conversation went something like the:

Lady: Can you hang my dress up.

FA: the closet is small and we already have a dress hanging up, there also has to be room for any coats. There really isn’t any room.

Lady: Well my dress is more important (she turns to guy holding dress and says I WANT IT HUNG UP)

They did end up hanging up her dress, they shoved it under mine. She was really rude.
I guess now I’m onto day two.

DAY TWO
Flight was really uneventful and we landed him Houston. Switched planes and we were finally on our way to Orlando!!!! We land and head to pick up our rental car. I had found a great deal on a car. I think we ended up paying about $215 for 10 days. When the lady first printed out the slip to go get our car the paper said $450…I was like ummmm no..She had not put in all the codes for me. Finally we had our car and we headed to fort Wilderness to meet up with the rest of his family. We stayed with them for the first 3 nights.

Can't wait to read the TR. I'm having my DP is Morocco and I am dying to read a report from someone who actually posts pictures and discusses the location :goodvibes

As soon as I get some pictures from Randy I will post them... Hopefully Ill get to that part of my TR before your wedding

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter