Nikon D3000

You won't be hassled, but it can be a hassle to carry. Most just bring it in at night or bring it in earlier and stuff it in a locker until needed.

Most of the shots of fireworks over the castle you see posted around here were done with a tripod. So yes, most of us bring along a tripod. I don't use mine much at all except at Disney, so I chose one with an eye toward travel and carting around Disney.

Yes, I bring two, a Cullmann Magic 2 (fits on the side of my bag) and the Joby Gorillapod SLR Zoom (on DW's bag). I primarily used the Cullmann. I used it for most of the fireworks and a lot of night photography around the parks and our hotel (POP Century). The Gorillapod was only used for a couple of specialty situations. I could have lived without it.

I bought a benro travel angel just for Disney. The only problemmive encounter are people who like to stand right in front of me after camping out for a good spot. Then there are those that just assume you are photopass because you have a tripod. All in all it is not a problem, just watch out for others.

I have a small travel tripod that can fit in my backpack when I wear that. I have also brought a full size (well maybe 3/4 size) that will fit in the lockers at EPCOT and DHS, but not at MK.

It can be a pain to carry it around, but the lockers are a big help. If your tripod doesn't fit in the locker you can leave it at the cashiers desk where you pay for the locker.

I've taken night shots with a tripod at the 4 big parks and a few hotels and really enjoy it. Haven't taken any at Downtown Disney (not that you can't, I just haven't).

The only people that will give you a hard time are other guests who will think that your a photo pass photographer and they'll hand you their photo pass and want you to take their picture.

So I cracked out my tripod for the first time today. I loved the way it worked but I had a issue with it tipping. Its a targus tg 42tt travel tripod. It seemed to tip two seconds after I walked away:headache: At least my camera survived its numeros trips to the floor. So is there any reason its tippy?

It looks like that tripod has a 1lb. weight load capacity so you may be pushing it for DSLR use.

I read several reviews of that tripod. Because it is very lightweight and slim, most reviewers warned of using it for anything more than P & S or pocket video camera. If you don't extend the legs and use it as a tabletop tripod, you MAY get by with it. Sorry for the bad news. I believe you shoot with the Sony A230 which without the lens exceeds the limit of that particular tripod.

I was going to suggest adding some weight to the tripod itself to improve the stability, but it appears there's no center column to which you could hang something from. Maybe try hanging your loaded camera bag right over the tripod itself?

You think it would work if i custom cut a center peice, drilled holes for the legs and then put a hook for wieght?

It should help lower the center of gravity and make the tripod more stable. I added a hook to the center post of my Velbon Maxi and hanging a weight/camera bag from there has helped a lot with stability.

I'm a HUGE petrol fan. Typically they make bags for the video industry, but I have a couple of their PCAB accessory bags and a few of their lighting kit bags and they are AMAZING!

This is their newest bag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTcNwwAw3jM

I just wish it's tripod head wasn't as tough to attach, I think I'd have to attach the screw to the head with a string too. Too bad it's like $750!!! If it was half the price, I'd buy one to try out.

We're looking into buying the Nikon D3000 for x-mas and wondering should we get the VR lenses or non-VR package deal?
we are going to DL next year and wondering which ones would be good for everyday use and vacations.
Thanks for any input
:cutie:

Hi
I'm looking for anyone that has taken any pics with the Nikon D3000
it can be of anything
Disney park pics would be good also
since we will be going next year and wanted to know how well it does
I just want to know if it's worth getting
Thanks
:cutie:

You might do a search on flickr. You can find images by the camera they were taken with there.

It is getting a little dated if you ask me. For example, it has a max high ISO of 3200 and there are now cameras in the entry level class offering 25600, or three stops more. There are other things as well, so you might want to compare specs to the other models available at this time.

We are taking a Scandanavian/Russian cruise this summer. I do not want to have to deal with switching lenses because I have two little kids and I see myself dropping one or having some other tragedy. I am very interested in having a super zoom. Any ideas?????

Thanks in advance for the advice! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter